Considering a position

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello, Yesterday I was contacted by a manager who is looking to hire for an open position. I am going to refrain from saying where the territory is so that I can keep the cards close to my chest. I have 15 years selling in the medical arena to multiple specialties. I left my last job of my own freewill. Financially I am fine and don't NEED to take this position, however, I like sales and know the medical industry and still WANT to work. I don't however want to take a position that is going away in a year and sign on with a sinking ship that is not well thought of.
    As I read through many of Daiichi's posts there is a lot of doom and gloom about management, turn over (seems high), drug pipeline (multiple drugs going generic in the next couple of years) Tier 3 vs. Tier 2etc. I would like honest thoughts on the company and if this is a good / reasonable opportunity. I have also been approached by the larger companies and I am considering those as well.
    I appreciate your thoughts.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been here nearly ten years and I'm concerned but I'm not looking yet. Be prepared for a lowball offer though and the possibility another "realignment" in the future.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many Pharma jobs have you had in the past 15 years?......... That's your answer.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Possibility of "realignment" ?? It will be a certainty. Either someone will buy this mess and eliminate us as extraneous or the company will manage itself out of existence.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have had only one pharma position and I had that for 5 years. Multiple specialties and drugs in my bag.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is the deal. Every company has issues on this board with 20yr something reps thinking that the end is always near and mgt doesn't pay them enough attention or too much attention. Point is dsi is not much different from other companies. I have been with enough to offer that point of view. I like it here and we have some solid pipeline candidates coming down the line. I would pick here over the BIG pharma group. It is fair to say they tend to low ball on salary up front. but prove your worth and you can move up fast, both is pay and in position. Hey I don't have all the answers but, I have been at far worse than here. That said I like it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work in Philly
    I have no sox

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I appreciate your thoughts. If offered the position I would like to take it. I agree about BIG Pharma. Thanks again

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the worst company every. Trust me...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the only company that I have ever worked for that promotes people with awful numbers over people with great numbers. If you're a great brown noser the sky is the limit. There is no rhyme or reason on how things work here.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The reason they do that is the IC structure is a bit messed up. They look at actual talent and ability...so shut your stupid mouth.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're delusional pal. This company promotes those to management who they think are company men and yes men who they can manipulate.

Go look at many of the promotions through the years. All you need to go is look down south.

Last in PC, promoted to spec mgr.

Near bottom in PC sales, promoted to PC mgr.

Joke

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't you explain the IC structure to us. There are 2,000 employees who would love to know how it works.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work in Philly
    I have never been promoted
    I have no sox
    Integrilin Man

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone is talking about the horrible salaries. What is the average starting salary here?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, I've been here for 8 years and consistently get calls from recruiters, I work in the Hospital division and have a lot of respect for our leadership team. Not sure what division you might be looking at but I have stayed because the culture is much better than Big Pharma and in our division they are starting to make some serious improvements in base salaries. In all the years I have been here we have only experienced 2 layoffs and those have been on the primary care side. Our Lilly colleagues experience them every year. And, a friend of mine who works at Novartis just got laid off last week. I have another friend at Abbott that's worried and looking at jumping ship because he thinks that lay offs are coming, they have no future pipeline and his product (humira) is coming to the end of its lifecycle.

Turnover has been low within the hospital division and everyone on my Team has been here since the division started 5 years ago. Primary Care has had a lot of turnover becase it always has and that's true with most companies. We're going to have a great product to launch within the year at a time when most big pharma companies wish they had new agents to bring to market. Territories are reasonable in size and the people within our division are really impressive.

Not sure what else to tell you other than good luck and i think you'll be glad you made the move.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're considering a position, try doggy style with your boyfriend. You can really pound him that way.,

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like the West Virginia position but it hurts my sister's back ....