$100 Million Lawsuit - Thread #2

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Apr 2, 2014 at 10:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wouldn't it be beneficial for daiichi to just settle the suit asap, rather than have things drag out? After last month's ruling that daiichi has to cough up the names and contact info for all their sales reps, it's just going to bring more plaintiffs to join. And every few months a press release reminding everyone about a gender discrimination suit. Sanford Heisler has cases against daiichi, sanofi, bayer, and merck - and they are all being defended by law firm Morgan Lewis and Brockius. Sanofi already settled with a lesser amount. All this is on the internet, just a casual observer pointing it out. Novartis had to commit $250 million to changing their ways (not represented by morgan/lewis/brockius). Does daiichi think this is going to go away or are they just dragging out the inevitable - but how many rep's salaries could be paid for all the money that is going to the lawyers over the next few years rather than settling? there is a case against forest too, not sure what law firm is representing them. As a reminder, some of the money goes to the actual reps, most goes to lawyers and process changes. Just write a smaller check now and devote the rest to the employees, less painful in the long run.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How come they named the women in the lawsuit? Like what woman would come forward and sue DSI now that they know their names are blasted to everyone in the company? Like I want my name attached to that! And nobody but the lawyer makes money on class action suits. However it would be nice to see DSI pay for their lack of scruples.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about the lack of scruples of the whiny b*tches who filed this bogus lawsuit in the first place?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Always remember that in ANY litigation the attorneys win... Ever wonder what drives them to pursue anything? It's not that their right or we're wrong, it's that they can present an argument regardless of right or wrong and get a settlement. If you've ever been to court, you would understand. They always pursue settlement unless they know they have a 100% clasped case. Settlements are easy money. Unfortunately, when placed between a rock and a hard place, companies tend to settle so that they can save face, reduce fees and move forward.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure about his lawsuit but I think they discriminated against me in hiring because of my age and looks. I have had two president clubs in the last four years one in medical device and the other in pharmaceutical last year. A veteran as well with an awesome military background. Burn in hell DSI!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry - I know that pharmaceutical companies live in some past generation like "Mad Men". They should pay women the same and give the same treatment.

But....women do get better hiring treatment - if they are sexy and pretty - they get hired over a more qualified man - also pharma tends to hire pretty young ladies more than any other industry. I know at Lupin they hired in my previous Mid-Atlantic district several b2b types of females with no formal education - no four year degree because of age and attractiveness.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you know if they pay men or women more? According to the filings I've seen, the women were getting paid pretty well

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true. The complaints are so weak in this case. Anonymous dolts on this site have already sifted through the suit and pointed out how lame and weak the arguments are. The irony is that the "victims" in this case believe they're standing up against being taken advantage of, when in fact it's the law firm that is really taking advantage of them by encouraging this case. How much will the law firm rake in vs. the true "victims"? These dumb bunnies should take a step back see who is REALLY taking advantage of them!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crickets crickets