motor vehicle tickets

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Apr 13, 2014 at 11:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So Just got a speeding ticket. Have not had one in the past or for that matter ever. What is the protocol? anyone know? Please now wise remarks. Is that possible?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are kidding me. Asking for protocol for a speeding ticket and depending on cafepharma for an accurate answer? Unbelievable.

Read your freaking policy letter. It is very simple and self explanatory.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. Notify your ctl.
    2. Show up at court, if the officer doesn't show the ticket is dropped.
    3. If officer shows and you are guilty then:
    4. Pay the fine.
    5. Take 4 hour online private driver training (court will give you some links).
    6. Send in completion to court and your record will be wiped clean.
    * Depending on your state you can only do this every 18-24 months so drive like a granny once this is over. The fine and course will cost a couple hundred bucks but you won't have a record which leads to increased corporate and personal auto insurance. I've been there done that and follow the above steps. Good luck!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fired

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't say a damn word to anyone. It's a measly speeding ticket. They only exist to squeeze more money out of the taxpayers anyhow.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

please now wise

MORON

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is nothing for you to do.

Let me guess, you are a 20 year merck employee with no mind of your own, so sad.....

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So...Were you speeding OUT of territory to meet up with your mistress at the Motel 6 for a 3 PM lover's rendezvous??

Wowsers!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should have taken one of the helicopters!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got a speeding ticket. Just let your CTL know within 24 hours. A speeding ticket will show up on Driver Care and it is a policy violation. HR will contact your manager to ensure that you did contact them.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You also need to contact wheels and tell them not to pay the fine. They automatically pay it, then soak you for the fine plus a fee.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't tell your manager. Call the phone court phone # on the ticket and ask about pleading guilty to a non-moving violation. Its like a plea bargain. Many jurisdictions will let you do this without a lawyer in return for paying a higher fine, usually double. You may have to appear for your court date to do this but it is worth it to keep it off your record.

However, if this is your first ticket and you are unlikely to get another, one ticket on your record is no big deal. You just don't get to wear the silly green safe driver ribbon at sales meetings.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been there, done that! You have a couple of options;
    1) Notify your CTL, then follow the instructions on your ticket. As other posters stated, you can go to court and see about getting it dismissed if the cop doesn't show up. If he does, then look at deferred adjudication or defensive driving. Keep your nose clean and the ticket will not be on your driving record.
    2) Tell no one. Hire a traffic attorney. 9 times out of 10 they'll get it dismissed and you don't have to go to court.No notation on your driving record and you are good to go.
    I took the second option without any problem. No big deal either way.
    Good luck!