consequences of a toxic culture

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Apr 16, 2014 at 4:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A culture filled with sociopathic managers who play favorites, lie to their report, lie about their reports that they do not like, the convoluted polices that cause
    1. Unnecessary stress which leads to
    2. Low morale which leads to
    3. honest mistakes, which under a zero tolerance policy leads to
    4. physical and emotional illness which leads to
    5. increased medical costs which leads to
    6. a large percentage of the sales force on anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medications which leads to
    7. increased auto accidents which leads to
    8. increased stress due to the zero tolerance accident policy which leads to
    9. increased stress, increased use of medications and medical leaves which leads to
    10. DECREASED SALES which leads to
    11. more field visits which leads to
    12. increased stress which leads to
    13. PIP and a medical leave which leads to
    14. more stress on those left to cover the opening which leads to
    15. poor morale and DECREASED SALES

Now do you understand why this company is spiraling downward to destruction?????

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is not just Merck but the entire industry.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

very well thought out and so true...Merck management just doesn't really care about anything except lining their own pockets...the company is circling the drain at this point...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone employee (manager or worker) who backstabs, construes lies about others, bad mouths, tries to set up or bring down others......should themselves be fired immediately. They should also lose every penny of their bonus and face the very real possibility of a law suit.

On a softer note they need help with their mind and their soul if they are doing this to anyone....

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very true, but you left out 16 and 17.

16. Exiting Merck, either voluntary or involuntary, which leads to
    17. Normalcy, peace, and feeling human again

And you cannot put a price on that...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is indeed life beyond Merck! Don't be bitter about the culture there, be overjoyed that you simply cannot fit in with the culture there, because you have Integrity! I've been in the pharma industry for 25 years and my 1 year at merck 15 years ago was the only negative experience - they said I had culture shock - YEP, shocked the culture not only existed, but seemed to be embraced?! I felt bad for my manager, I thought she had a condition that prevented her from telling the truth. Unbelievable. Free yourself, it will someday be just a bad memory. Best wishes!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good advice for those who have achieved their retirement nest egg........aka those with the golden 10, 15 or more years in service credit.

The advice is not so good for those who have yet to achieve any of the golden rings linked to those crucial years. Not only might they be subjected to lies, harassment and other forms of underserved venom but they face losing their retirement.......a loss that cannot be made up unless, of course, they're a young whippersnapper.

The sad truth is that the problems here are beyond a very tainted and toxic culture. Its the failure of management to address the actions and the individuals who perpetuate lies, create havoc and cause some of the best workers and yes, with the highest integrity, to take flight....

When managers ignore deep rooted problems and the very people responsible for them things will never change......

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hoskins to a t!

he will be gone soon

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There wouldn't be anyone VP or above left!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's the end of my list:

16. Taking a second job on Merck time and working my ass off, which leads to

17. Making more money than I ever could have at Merck, which leads to

18. not giving a shit about anything at Merck, which leads to

19. working for Merck about 8 hours per week, which leads to

20. smiling at my CTL

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To all those who call themselves members of the management team:

It is way past time that you learn your craft. You are part of the NON-REVENUE creating employees so your job is to make it easier for the REVENUE GENERATORS. Remove obstacles instead of being one. It is way past time for you to learn the business. You cannot send out emails declaring that someone lacks "business acumen" without stating exactly what you are looking for. You cannot sit down and develop a "routing" based on your assessment of the 80/20 rule, then complain that R/F metrics are not being met. You are the problem and it is time that you get off your behind and get real work done.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Problem is they see only an itty bitty morsel of what you do. If the manager is tuned out, too busy, forgetful, not part of your fan club you'll be faced with poor levels of anything...hmmm even if you might be get a bucket of gold stars by some other manager. Yawn. Such is life.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well why don't the reps smarten up and start doing something about it? The management only cares about money. That is what the reps should care about too. Reps have to be smart and start learning how to do less work and have more free time. Working from 10-2 and then focusing on other things has worked wonders for me. Any day that I don't have a ride along is a day where I am making easy money. My side business income will equal about half of my base income this year. Trust me, this drug rep thing is a game to be played, not a career to be excited about. Think about yourself before you think about the good of the company. That is the only way to get ahead in life. (Think like a manager)!

Party on...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm already home! 12:15pm I have a couple more signatures to beg for this afternoon, but for the next three hours I'll be here working my side job. Thank you, Merck! And FU Merck!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi-Five!