Glaucoma Rep

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Nov 19, 2014 at 8:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an interview for a Glaucoma Specialty Rep position. Can someone fill me in on what this company is like and how the Ophthalmic division is to work for? What would a base salary be for a rep with 9 years of experience? What is your target bonus per year? Thanks for the honest answers.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your base will be 62,000 and you will NOT MAKE over 105,000

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not entirely correct. 62-68K is the base but w 9yrs experience you can get up to 80K+ base if you're any good at negotiation. With 9yrs you should be.

Commission base is 40k at plan and 90k max. No one gets 90k anymore, no one. 40k seems to be about the top these days. Comp plan and forecasting is at all time low. Hopefully 2015 will be better.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For 9 years experience you will get more than the 65k starting salary but don't believe a word they say on bonus. This year the top reps will be lucky to make 45k for the year. The majority of reps are closer to 14-20. Forecasting way off from actuals for lead product. Day-to-day not a horrible job but you will never make the bonus that the recruiter and manager will try to sell you

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Be careful with district manager. It's so micromanagement that is makes your job and life miserable.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be speaking of the pittsburg opening

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There would be no way in hell I'd ever work for that manager. Honestly he's one of many. If you have a choice of multiple jobs I'd stay away from this one.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is the Arizona DM?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does Eric cover WV....Sr Gla Rep opening