Big Brother landed on my door step

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Aug 23, 2014 at 4:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And now will be in my car with me everyday tracking when I pee, where I go on my lunch hour (which legally is my personal time) and every other move I make.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Relax folks. We have been way way behind in technology in the field for too long. Can we get a much needed upgrade without all the drama? Please

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So part of upgrading our technology is installing gps that maps us (mobiletron) and shows were we are within 20 ft of any place all day (whether computer is on or off) and tracking time on our sales aid and how many times you used them and for how long. Please. You can upgrade technology without big brother.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I seriously doubt they are going to track us all day long. Grow up.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ain't nobody got time for that! Seriously, IT really doesn't have time for that. They can fire you without the help of GPS... why do they need the guise of the iPads to do it? Be happy that we're finally getting a some technology from this decade!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure they can track you while your driving around if they want to with location services on. Its very simple. Put your ipad in airplane mode until you want it to have service!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get off the time to upgrade technology crap. Be careful what you ask for.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can still go under general settings;privacy-and turn location services to "off". And it's Mobileiron not Mobiletron, genius

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Genius, I'm sure turning that off will be grounds for termination...oh but there is no big brother, right?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even if I worked 7:30A- 5:30P everyday I do not want to be watched like this. It's just a trust issue and Alcon management doesn't trust reps. Why do you think we have hour long conference calls on what to say on general crap.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you really think they are going to know if you turn off "location services"? All functionality remains intact- network access, WiFi, Mobileiron, etc; they just cannot ping your location. Or, you can just line up like sheep if you prefer

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The gps aspect is irrelevant...you do know what mobileiron is capable of right?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any details in Mobileiron would be much appreciated!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep it in airplane mode until you need a connection. problem solved. Mobileiron is nothing good for us, but its what we have!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The best way to approach this problem is to put in a full days work and produce!!! spend as much time trying to work harder instead of trying to get out of work.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will that equal more money in our pockets? Nope! They have the quotas so high that it doesn't make sense and even the top people in pres club are making sh-t money. The system doesn't pay out like it use to. Either way, the distrust is high and the feeling that layoffs are coming is so great that this is hardly a time to put big brother into play. Many companies have iPads but they don't put timed sales aids and tracking devices on them. They treat their employees like grown ups (even allowing them to have their own room at a sales meeting- what a concept!) and they trust them and pay them and respect them which builds loyalty and produces employees who put in a full day.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that was perfectly said

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No it wasn't

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree more! It doesn't matter what we do we will never meet our goals!