open position in Gainesville, GA - ADVICE!!

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Nov 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's an open position with Janssen in Gainesville. I would like some feedback please. I was with a big pharma company for 6 years. I won seven awards, top 5% nationally, trained new hires, strong work history, references etc. First, I've been out of Pharma for three years and went to a different industry. I'm concerned that management will find this is too long to be "out of the game". Also, can anyone tell me about this division, it's current outlook? Thanks and please no smart-ass sauce.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

J&J is a great company. Go for it! All they can say is no. Three years out of the game is a long time; your gonna have to interview really well.....be ready to detail a product like you did it yesterday. Janssen has it's ups and downs......some rumors of layoffs currently. BTW, how old are you?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks. I'm 47 but look about 35 and in great shape.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

47? That's gonna kill you unfortunately....no matter what kind of sales history you have.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forget coming here at that age as that's when they want reps out; too expensive

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's. Quintiles position... Manager is Ed Columbus out of Birmingham and he is a jerk.
    Good team with lots of talent.
    Good luck

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. Vacant spots being filled by CSO. FYI Janssen doesn't hire older reps, they flush them.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the Hospital reps at JBI are being replaced with CSO. The younger ones are being given other positions to keep them safe then the small franchise gets eliminated.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JNJ, especially Janssen sucks. Managers are people put in way above their level of expertise, they protect the young, and hang out the seasoned reps to dry. Not sure why anyone would do this as its the senior reps that still work and the younger ones cheating the system. At least, that has been my experience here. Others can say what they want, just telling you what I have observed. I keep my mouth shut, other than on cf now, and people just let me do my thing. I get good sales and I am in good standing. I am respected. So just take it for what its worth, I would go somewhere else. Age discrimination is prominent here.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree that age will be a factor. Even if you look younger, your years of experience on you resume will reveal your estimated age bracket. That said, are you African American, Asian, or Hispanic? If you are, age will be far less of an issue and you most likely will trump all other candidates in the interview process that aren't diversity candidates. If you are a 47 year old white guy, you are out of luck and should look elsewhere. Even if you were hired, as a white male at today's J&J, you will watch less qualified females and minorities get promoted based on J&J's focus on diversity metrics.