Integrity in action

Discussion in 'Hospira' started by Anonymous, Nov 18, 2014 at 8:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I hear anyone preach about "integrity in action", experience has proven they really MEAN "integrity INACTION".

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just paste the whole article ! People are too lazy to click on the link, AND it has a better chance of being read ! C'mon dude I'll let you guys play on here We are all fighting the same battle You all know that ! m:eek:mHRm:eek:m

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

former Hospira executive who said he was fired in 2011 after he urged the company to report issues with its infusion pumps was awarded $9.98 million in a jury verdict earlier this month.
    cComments

I feel an appeal coming up.
    quit22
    at 8:16 AM November 18, 2014

Add a comment See all comments

Angel Estrada, former vice president of quality systems and compliance, sued Lake Forest-based Hospira in Lake County Circuit Court in 2012. According to the suit, Hospira was "covering up" issues related to its pumps. The jury found on Nov. 4 that Estrada was fired because he reported his belief that Hospira violated U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulations and that he was defamed.

"Hospira strongly disagrees with the court's ruling and the characterization of the facts advanced by the plaintiff in this case," Hospira said in a statement. "We will appeal this decision and aggressively defend the company against these claims, which we continue to assert are fully without merit."

In May 2013, the company said it would phase out several of its pumps that inject fluids or medication into patients intravenously, spurred by FDA scrutiny about quality issues.

The company said it would spend $300 million to $350 million to discontinue its Symbiq, GemStar and older Plum brand pumps, among others, during the next several years.

In the lawsuit, Estrada said he tried to convince the company to report quality issues after he was hired in September 2010.

Eventually, the suit stated, Estrada reported the issue to Chief Executive Officer Michael Ball on Sept. 27, 2011. On that same day, the suit said two less senior employees were fired for allegedly "altering a record during the course of an audit." Three days later, Estrada was fired "under the pretext'' of not properly investigating one of the employees.

Estrada said he was unable to find a new job for more than six months and had to move out of state for employment.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like I said many times on here,there are MANY legal accusations Both on EEOC and Whistleblower side implemented by (former) employees, and they are currently waiting for Litigation to begin :eek:R, they settled out of, or in court ! This is kept hidden from Employees
    It's almost always by someone who already was targeted and terminated The employees they worked with have negative rumors spread VIA management They then,bad mouth and laugh/joke, BUT in the end, it's the fighters that get the last laugh They could literally
    buy and sell ALL their former teams
    hr4u

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A couple things. First when your leadership team continues to talk about integrity there is room for concern. Fact is it shouldn't need to be preached and quite frankly it's not what you say but what you do that determines integrity.
    Secondly when Angel joined Hospira the Symbiq pump was already on shipping hold and to my knowledge the hold had never been lifted. Now perhaps he tried to convince the CEO to pull what pumps were out in the field back and that's what caused the consternation . You would think as a VP he could have used his sphere of influence to convince Mr Ball with facts and data. He is no hero in the eyes of the employees, just another senior employee who stole from the shareholders .

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He didn't "steal" anything A jury, and court of law found for plaintiff, (pending appeal) ANYBODY who gets over on Hospira, no matter what Grade Level, is OK in my book! I get your point, but it's a narrow minded view

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This person speaks with limited facts and data - just a shipping hold perspective.

As a 15 year corporate quality employee who both reported up to Angel during his time and worked with plant investigations and audits, he is a hero. Those in upper management operations and c-suite want the truth but only the portions that support the shareholder. The "unfavorable" facts and data are taken out or pushed to be omitted to begin with. Quality isn't the mission, it is profits.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder who commented on the article with user name quit22

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Posted just 18 minutes before OP of this thread

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ohio ?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Handle: quit22; Essay: i am a kind careing young man that loves his work. i am loyal, suportive, and i have a big heart. i am told i am layed back some as well as ...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Notice the spelling errors, JUST like ones on here !

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What strikes me as odd is if Angel was the Vice President Quality and Regulatory of Europe,the Middle East, and Asia he would only be two levels from the CEO. He must then have reported to the corporate VP of QA who reports to Mike Ball. I say odd because both of those guys are still with Hospira? Also you would have thought Angel's concerns would have been well documented in Management reviews. This just doesn't add up, however I'm probably missing something.
    In terms of being a 15 year corporate employee working on investigations and plant audits I wouldn't brag too much about that. The FDA wasn't too kind to Lake Forest in terms of not following their own procedures and the plants corrective actions seem to have fallen short to expectations as well.
    You add it all up and you become one observation away from a consent decree. Not exactly an ideal position to be in!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Based on the current FDA plant remediations,YOU must have been HORRIBLE at your Job ! But wait :eek: You claim you worked 15 years at Hospira How would that be possible since the HPD spin was in 2003 ENOUGH SAID

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you TRY to say you worked for Abbott, and you spun to Hospira, Then you still are a third rate employee that Abbott DIDNT want

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abbott retained the best employees and the best products ! It dumped the low margin junk, and talentless personnel

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just look at this mess called Hospira

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually,it's 12 Hours and 18 minutes Your attention to detail is the reason Hospira is like it is Hospira deserves you