To all Chesterbrook Colleagues

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Nov 23, 2014 at 4:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a field employee and, unfortunately, do not feel comfortable sending this message to all of you in an e-mail in fear of being retaliated by our new senior leadership and branded a "non-conformer".

With that disclaimer out of the way, please read the following:

I truly appreciate everything you have done for the sales field and it is never said enough how grateful we are for the long hours, hard work, and uneven work life balance that all of you have given us over the past several years.

I started with Shire shortly after the relo from Florence and had the opportunity to work inside for a few years before transitioning into a sales role. There are far too many people to recognize, and many are no longer here, but I would regret not publicly thanking you and wishing you nothing but the best in your future, whether that is continuing on with Shire or moving to the next chapter of your professional life.

Each of you have a special place in all of hearts for the resources, benefits, help, and just overall collaboration in our pursuit to "enable people with life-altering conditions lead better lives".....remember when that actually meant something to our day to day responsibilities? I am sure that each and every single one of you do and it is a reason that you will continue to fight and pursue great products and resources for patients.

Our company may have changed, but you haven't and please don't forget that.

In closing, I really hope every single one of you find the personal and professional happiness you deserve. Please network and reach out to us in the field, we are here to help in whatever way we can and you never know if we all end up back in a place like Shire one day, that company is out there we just need somebody to be BRAVE and find it!

God Bless!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

F Shire

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was a sad day in chesterbrook on weds. The company has not been the same for a long time. Word in the offices is that most people won't make the move to Lex. haven't a clue how they will replace us, trying to hire in Lex is next to impossible. While lex may be " more bio-techy", there are not people up there with ops and other experience so good luck with that warm bodies they are hiring. If shire had different leadership perhaps more would make the move. Shire just isn't someplace most of us want to work at anymore thnsks to FO and his FOF crew. I appreciate your message, and good luck to all of you in sales.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also heard at the NBU breakout that Perry took the opportunity to recognize himself and his promotion. Nice way to support your team a-hole!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thumbs up

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What???? After people just found out that they are losing their jobs they are forces to celebrate this guy!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No way!

So sad for the home office. Thank you for everything you have done for us. This is turning into a scary place with no loyalty to anyone!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He is a very classy guy! Idiot

People need to understand that he is full of sh*t and plays games with people... Blows smoke up the sales force ass while trashing everyone behind the scenes

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a disease in pharma/biotech, where all these companies want to relocate their US HQ's to Boston/Cambridge, not out of better talent in the area, but rather so that the executives are treated like royalty amongst the atmosphere in this area. They want to be among the power elite in the pharma world in Massachusetts, sit on panels, attend many fundraisers and Galas, get invited to right parties and having glowing exposes written of them in the Boston Globe...

Shire is taking a turn for the worst ....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Harvard Medical/Boston is a closed off area to reps. Being on these plans and ablity to reach these phyisicans is HUGE for any pharma company. This is a strategic move by the company and is a very good move.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The location of a company has nothing to do with success in sales in the Boston area, as what I can gather as the intent of your slightly incoherent post.

The poster you bash is right, it is all about self aggrandizing of our top executives, plain and simple.

The CEO's for Vertex and Biogen get to sit on committees for the Boston 2024 Olympics push - do they get to do that in PA? I think not.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The logic about Boston is infantile. It's like saying if we move the company to Green Bay we can all play football. Such a joke. And listening to FO and PS- saying they are "biotechy" is even funnier.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What you're all missing is the start up population. There are a huge number of biotech start ups in Kenmore square, all attracting talent, and rip for the picking. By making Boston the corporate, and more importantly R&D center of the company, Shire can acquire top line products AND the talent that produced them without having to lure them to another location. While it is said that Lexington will be the corporate HQ, it's clear that all the shots will be called in from Zug.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe, but in its entirety there is bullshit within. They are pulling up stakes in PA in hopes of dwindling down the FTEs so they can sell off Neuro. I'm willing to bet on it. This way FO can have his little "biotechy" world. He never liked the ADHD side very much but wasn't about to stop cashing the checks. Now he can get a nice premium on the BU and invest in more "biotechy" fetishes.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes. Now you can find a real job instead of sitting on your asses thinking of ways to torture sales with all your inane, worthless bullshit.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

San Francisco is a bigger biotech hub, not Boston.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a sad sack- it's Kendall Square not Kenmore- worlds apart. And everyone know what Shire is like now- you think people want to work here? And more importantly - we are mostly screwed since most biotechy aren't exactly selling drugs- they are making them.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right on. They can pitch the bs that shire is looking at acquisitions, but the truth is, everyone knows its a matter of time before another top 10 in terms of size pharma wants to buy the company. In the world on on-coming government pricing cost controls, politically sensitive areas that cannot be touched with controls such as rare diseases, will become even more valuable. People know the eventual sale is coming, mostly driven by the big boys drooling over the old HGT division.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

soooo... what does that have to do with relocating people from Chesterbrook to Lexington?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Moving to Boston is just about getting people to leave. We already have people here who haven't exactly gotten us new products- which is why FO seems to be so anxious to sell and we never see his face here. People are trying to convince everyone thst simply being in Boston means you are hip - umm - you ever listen to PS? Being in Boaton won't make him smarter.