LA National Meeting

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by Anonymous, Nov 23, 2014 at 7:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why, why are we having a national meeting in any place other than the middle of the country like Dallas????????? 5 hour flight from the east coast! Any chance to change it to Dallas, or better yet, Atlanta or Orlando??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously? Going west to better weather and your whining? All of us in California had to fly 6 hours to DC...going east is far more exhausting when your having to wake up at 3:00am pacific time to be at the meeting on time

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You obviously didn't comprehend the OP's statement. That's why you have it in the MIDDLE of the country, so nobody has to have a 5 or 6 hour flight, at least the vast majority would not. Dallas would have been logical, cheaper and easier to get to for most all concerned.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. Alpha reps have a week long meeting the last week in January in Philadelphia with Otsuka. We literally will be home for 2 days (if we don't get stuck in Philly) and then fly to LA for the Lundbeck meeting.
    Poor planning and communication with our "partner" company.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So Atlanta and Orlando are better? How does that make any sense for West Coasters or is it just about what is convenient for the almighty Southeast people? Crazy logic there. Sure Dallas is central but its kind of a crappy place to be for a week.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And LA is not a crappy place to be for a week?? The armpit of CA!! I don't live in the South but Dallas makes more sense for a lot of reasons. Orlando would be tough on the West people, but perfect for a meeting. But Dallas would be better overall, and cheaper. More central for all concerned.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

West coast here. If we were going to the coast then Orange County would have been a lot better or Santa Monica. Downtown LA and not one of three sports teams will be at staples centr.

Dallas is easy for everyone. But this time I'll take the easy quick flight

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It does not matter at all where we are. It would be nice to be in a central area of the country. Dallas is a direct flight for most without a lay over. No snow and at most a three hour flight or less for almost everyone. Other than that who the hell has time for fun? No one! We will be too busy role playing and certifying on some bullshit sales aid!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Role playing!!! I hope to hell that's not the case!!! Good God, what a waste of time and money that would be. I say cancel the meeting, save money, and hire a new CEO to replace Ulf who was fired today!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bunch of leadership idiots trying to prove themselves. Was a great company until they brought in many big pharma people and simply ruined the culture, especially the managers.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alpha te had to certify on Brintellix at the National Awards meeting, the day after the awards celebration. The year before was great. We went to San Antonio and had the best meeting possible. When we brought in all the big Pharma types it changed.
    I wish we could get that initial feeling back but as another poster said, it was a. Classic bait and switch.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey all you Dallas lovers, It takes 4 1/2 hrs from the northeast to fly to Dallas Direct. Not such a short flight.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey here is a great idea. How about all you Psyc reps that have nothing better to do than complain about every little thing that happens, just stay home or quit! If you have all the answers, why don't you start your own pharma company and run it YOUR WAY. I can't believe how much complaining is coming from the new psyc division of this company. PLEASE. Go away, or just SHUT UP! You have any idea how expensive it is to have a National Meeting? How hard it is to find a facility that is decent (so you won't complain about that too), and try to vary the location to make everyone happy? I bet if you actually listened to sales performers role play you could learn something and do better at your job. Or even better, use it to find a job somewhere else! Lundbeck culture is in the Neuro division. You want it, you have to make it happen. Its not given to you.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a fucking idiot! The culture is set at the top. Come join the psych division in Primary Care Hell ! Then tell us how superior your culture is. We are talking about what we were told it would be vs the reality of a primary care metrics drive contract sales force mentality.
    Oh by the way did I say fuck you, Big Worm!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, If you are that unhappy... Go away. There is no way someone as negative as you can be happy here. You weren't happy at your last job, and the job before that. Take a look at yourself and figure out why every company you work for is horrible. There is a common factor... You. Very sorry that a company wants to know who you are seeing and, that there is an expectation that you actually move business. There millions and millions of people suffering from depression. Deliver a message, make the calls, complete your admin responsibilities and get paid. Not making enough? Go away. Think it's too difficult? Go away. Don't want to be a leader and share ideas to make positive changes, vs complaining? Go away. You won't be happy at your next job either. I will save you the suspense.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here. For your information, I m not a psych rep. I am an Neuro rep. Why did you assume it was a psych rep. The meeting should have been in a central location, and over on Thursday. Just my opinion.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely!! Go away if you don't like it here. Most of us do and think it is awesome !

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad you are happy here but people are leaving. 2 more of the original 64 alpha reps quit this week and they were top performers according to our data. I bet there are maybe 20-25??? of the original 64 still here. Expect more turnover the first of the year. Management doesn't seem to care, but it costs a lot to hire and train new reps so often.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a hell of a lot better than Philly in January like the Otsuka meeting. cannot believe that we have to be gone two weeks in a row

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree. Very poor communication/planning between the 2 companies! Alpha literally will be in Philly Mon- Fri. then turn around and fly to LA very early Monday morning for the Lundbeck meeting that lasts until Friday. Our meetings used to end on Thursdays?
    At least last year there was 1 week in between the 2 meetings. Oh well, glad to have a job, albeit not what we were led to believe.