SCS Market Share

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Jul 18, 2014 at 5:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's official, BSC has surpassed STJ as a solid 2nd share leader in the SCS race. MDT's old antiquated platforms will take care of themselves eventually :)

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why bring conventional, static, solutions to a dynamic problem? What product have you released that is innovative enough to require more than a 510k? What clinical evidence has BSX ever contributed to the SCS market place? Are your devices "designed for" better pain relief, or do they "deliver" better pain relief? Are your devices full body MRI conditional?

I mean... Sure... 20 minutes of 1.5 SAR for a head scan is nice (I guess?)... But give me a break. How can you look at your docs straight faced and talk about MRI when all you've done is tell them it doesn't matter for the last 8 years?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL. Anyone that deflects patient care quality and speaks of an imaging modality is hilarious. Because you know you would throw a BSX can in your mom in a heartbeat. MDT reps need to feed their kids so they fully believe that noone in the galaxy could ever receive a CT for anything. LMAO.

Incidence of mandating an MRI is 0.5%. NOT 70% like is being thrown out there to frame the marketing around scare tactics. PET CTs, CT arthrograms, it's all good. The only folks that MUST have an MRI are MS patients and brca-1 breast tumor marker folks. 99.5% of the rest of can get a CT no problem.

MDT has commoditized the market and has inferior products, contributed to cheapening the technology by failing to come up with innovations, except an accelerometer in the butt cheek and telling docs that impedance does not change over time. Got an answer for you, maybe in CS training you guys watch cartoons, but Ohm's Law will refute that marketing garbage.

Most MDT reps and STJ reps that switch to BSX say things like "Yeah, yer right, they totally fed us the line that you don't need any of that multiple independent current stuff . . . we all believed it in training . . . Now I finally see the light."

Implant all 3 devices then watch the clinical outcomes and the patients will tell you: There is ONE device for patient care - Spectra. It is absolutely sick, and when the patients unanimously are given a choice, they choose BSX.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above post would be hilarious if it weren't so scary that the Boston koolaid is that strong...

Please tell me bsx reps are telling physicians that MRI isn't important.

Yes we know you can still use an abacus to add and subtract, but wouldn't you want a calculator instead?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know I would demand my mom be subject to serial CT scans for the rest of her life. I would even have the gall to tell a physician that it was "good medicine" on his part to relegate her to radiation based scans.

Keep telling your doctors that MRI doesn't matter (I'm sure the Ortho guys love hearing that).

Really, though, WHAT CLINICAL EVIDENCE DO YOU HAVE? ANY? Please start contributing to the SCS landscape with actual data. Please.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would we want to spend our $$$ on clinical evidence when we're kicking everyone's a-- without it?! Keep trying to make a science out of this business - LOL!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting commentary. Please check out the following link, from Boston Scientific, discussing why an MRI compatibility is so important and superior to CT. Interesting that your pain division doesn't think it is as important as your cardiac division????

http://www.bostonscientific.com/templatedata/imports/HTML/CRM/MRI/index.html#mri-scan

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree, the ass kicking will continue regardless of clinical MRI data being present. We sell around it, and sell around it effectively. Just does not seem to be a big deal in my territory and certainly something that does not hinder my ability to sell above and beyond MDT or SJM.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MDT's entire arsenal is as tired and dated as their leadership and managers.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MDT offers PROVEN "better pain relief" (yeah, go ahead and forward that to your Legal Department so they can explain to you that better means superior and we can say it because we PROVED it to the FDA) and MRI compatibility, it's no wonder BSX share is sliding.

Have you given any thought to how bad your next three quarters' year over compatibles are going to look?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BSX share sliding? Let's see what MDT has to report on the 19th.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medtronic is winning. 11% on constant currency basis. Better Pain Relief is real. MRI matters.