Recovercare getting foam

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Mar 8, 2012 at 9:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you talking about the new SN port? I saw it in CS at one of my hospitals

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is called competition. We all knew it would come for the past 12 years. So what, it is here. Just part of the life cycle of a product

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You lie. You were a bed washer that used to scrape the poop off a roto rest. I know who you are

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol, spot on. While Pharma sales does blow (perceived as detail rep, corporate environment with tons of micromanagement, suit and tie bullshit, etc...), device sales in NOT the end all-be all. The industry is changing every day and one thing is for certain, those $200k devices salaries do not exist any longer. Secondly, stop acting like you're the best thing since sliced bread; if you have a device that surgeons like, the product and company reputation will do 90% of the selling for you. Wanna prove you're such a great sales person? Go join a fucking start up. Then we'll see.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medical device reps for company's paying $200K are being paid for their established relationships with surgeons in a territory. Some get into companys with great growth but those jobs are out there. That said, you'll find not many of them see KCI reps as being OR sales people but do know ex KCI reps that have landed in some of these jobs. Even KCI request no Pharma in its ads on job sites for acute AE's. It's just a fact.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What I mean is that the $200k a year device jobs are so few-and-far-between these days that most device reps earning potential is capped at around $110k-$150k. Just by looking at Medreps, the difference in the amount of new job postings currently versus 5 years ago seems to be night and day. Others I know in the device industry have confirmed this as well. I would assume if you go on Medreps, you might confirm this, too.

Pharma = device sales = medical sales. Although I couldn't put up with the micromanaging-spit out sound bytes-corporate bullshit of pharma, it's all medical sales. I respect any seasoned veteran of any medical sales industry.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RecoverCare was not started by an Ex KCI big wig. Try again!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares anyway? Recovercare is a shit*y company with horrid management. They are bottom feeders losing more business than they are gaining. They've done noting with npwt and never will.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You speak as if you are part of the team. Impressive. You need to stay ot of the way.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's the deal I worked with a few pharma reps and some of them are my friends but generally it has been my experience that they haven't transitioned well to the med. device world.

It's just a fact.
    Don't believe me. Get a pharma rep with no med device experience and ask him to get a job with a med device company. It will be a huge challenge just to get an interview.
    Med Device companies generally do not recruit or interview pharma reps. That is the real world.

Pharma sales is very linear and considered by most to be selling 101. Pharma reps are generally hired for their physical attributes and nice social demeanor, which is fine but it will never get you a job with a serious med device company unless you are skilled which is generally not the case with pharma reps.

Trust me the senior-ed KCI reps are not scared of you and can't wait to interview against the arrogant likes of people like you when the shit hits the fan.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Completely true. Very few reps can do anything with that pump, which is nothing more than a glorified suction machine. It is pretty hard to get a doctor or wound nurse to use that POS once they have seen it, not to mention the application of the kit compared to others is a joke.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I doubt you saw an RC pump at a hospital, most nursing homes would hardly have this thing...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm working on making a vac too. I got some cheese cloth, saran wrap and duck
    tape for the dressing.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Throw in a couple LED's that don't mean anything, but just blink on and off; You'll also need an alarm that can be triggered by everything from pinholes in the dressing to a butterfly farting sideways in Chile, and then you've got a product that every direct care person will love you for.