Ohio Medical NPWT + Invacare = ???

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Feb 25, 2010 at 1:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just found out that Ohio Medical Just pulled product from all their DMEs. Invacare is now their official/exclusive distributor. Invacare doesnt have it on their site yet, but if you call Ohio Medical's Customer Service line, the transfer you to Invacare. Is Ohio Med a threat for us, they have made a blip on the radar up here in the Northeast, but could they be bigger nationwide? I have to say, thay do have the best system for explaining gauze based systems (even if they're total shit) with their patented 1,2, Seal kits.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will leverage their sales force to push through the DME dealer network. They will use their expertise in Meidcare billing to help the dealers realize ROI for NPWT. They will stimulate significant loss of Post Acute market share from KCI. They will also assist the dealers in pushing KCI out of the SNF arena.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quoted by a true Ohio or Invacare rep!!! What the heck do either of them know about NPWT ? Invacare should stick to wheel chairs, their dealer network should be nervous and very afraid, we are all thinking this is another S&N deal coming along, look what they did to BlueSky dealers in the medium term.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Since Ohio Medical manufactured KCI's first NPWT units, I'd say they must know something about NPWT!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Invacare still doesn't have NPWT on their site. Is anyone running into them with it in the field? Is Invacare still exclusive with Ohio Medical's pump?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who cares? It is called competition, deal with it

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a little strange that they don't show NPWT on their website. Doesn't sound like they're too committed to it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't show my boyfriend's penis on my facebook page, it does not mean I am not committed to it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, this site is filled with some real think tanks. No wonder ick is such a shit company...it's the sum of it's dipshit employees.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You work for a shit company? I am missing the point of your message. who is ick?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I rest my case. Thank you dipshit.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

?????????????????
    what is this in reference to?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW, You are not the sharpest tool in the shed now are you.

You must be a valued employee at ICK!!!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this must be an American based company based on your arrogance that someone gives a damn about what you think and the method of which you complain about where you work. This is a big world in which you are but a speck. If you pass away, would anyone really miss you? I doubt it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KCI is alwys 1 step ahead and nobody will ever catch up with us!!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe the Moblvac had a recall after one blew up in one of the carrying cases.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just took a 12 pump account from KCI...account said they were tired of KCIs bad service, and charging everyone 45% higher rates. KCI is in the business of suing first, wound care second.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right on dude, good luck. Only natural people are going to be curious as to what's out there. Doc will only watch his patients suffer for so long before coming back to KCI.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only natural that those who rise to the top eventually get burnt by backlash from those who are jealous and not making $140k in NPWT. trust me, it's good to be on the winning side (90%+ market share).

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I do not work for KCI, S&N or Ohio Med/Invacare, but I do have to say this...

What crazy physician would want to use a MoblVac after it has exploded while in patient use in 3 different cases!!!!

Lets be clear about the definition of a Wound Device: They are supposed to heal wounds, not create them.

Foam, Gauze- it doesn't matter. No one besides the kool-ade drinkers would deny that that they both have healing potential. But a company that have devices that explode needs to step out of the market and stick to their core competencies, which are obviously not in making NPWT pumps.