Presource

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Aug 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I keep hearing the Presource business is in a world of hurt. Can anyone confirm this? I have heard the leadership with this business is really lacking and that the former President bailed to another division because this year was going to be tough.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mckesson seems to be selling more than us with no problems. The presource reps are much more loyal to Mckesson reps.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you are correct about the former president, steve inacker, bailing to another division. he bailed and took his team with him so they could continue to kiss his butt. in the 3-4 years inacker supposedly led presource, he did NOTHING to improve the business although he has convinced george barrett that presource is in a position to succeed because of his efforts.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Presource hit their plan last year but it was the first time in about 6 years this occurred. They won't hit it this year either and the sales force is pissed. Inacker told everyone it would be an easy year to hit plan but they barely achieved it and inacker was on his way out. Inacker sold futures to get an easy plan last year and mortgaged the future which is why he left. He is a good sales person because he sold the CEO on his fictitious story. The new guy, Mullen, is a nice upgrade from inacker but doesnt have the background in the business. He will find out that his senior sales leader, Brad Wilson, is an uninspiring robot who gets caught up in too much detail. Mullen will eventually learn that changes need to be made.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to question you as a source. Didn't Cardinal buy the HPG business? How could they possibly not make the Presource number for the two years?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just wait and watch. they wont hit the number. i heard it not even profitable business.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I understand it's not profitable but since when are Cardinal reps paid on profit? I'm in a different division but all I hear about is sales growth, not profit.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes...they are paid on profit. my sources say that morale is not good

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard that managers are leaving this business right and left. Can anyone confirm this? If so, why do you think?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know PreSource intimately. This was a place where the top reps were making $200-$300K per year, increasing their business 25% and getting cut each year by 10%. The business is in need of going to the next level. Unfortunately, there is no one in a leadership role that knows where to take it. With margins in the low 40s to high 30s and not the high powered sales team to maintain and increase margins, the only way to go is down. I am sure that the HCA deal was won on minimal margins, most likely high teens or low 20s.
    The question is how do you grow, when margins are continuely under fire. I may be mistaken but if margins are below a certain point, sales don't get paid.

If I were a Senior Leader at Cardinal, I would find someone who really knew the Presource business, had the creative/entrepreneurial skill set, bring them in and turn them loose. It is all about attitude. Right now Presource has no vision and the leadership atticulate that vision.

Sorry Cardinal. You've turn this cash cow into a beaten down dog.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i agree with you assessment on the lack of leadership in the business. There is no vision and for a number of years, Cardinal has just been harvesting what they can out of this cash cow. I will say that your margins are well overstated. Existing business might be at 30% and new business is won in the teens and low 20's.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i heard presource is having all their product detained by the fda. is this true?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Presource RM in the mountain states just left the company. Don't know his name, but heard he is out now. There will be more reps on their way out shortly....watch.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

His initials are BP... is he really gone?? He was a good RM, do you know why he left?

And why are more reps going to leave?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BP??? Why did he leave?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No idea why he would leave. Just heard through the rumor mills.

With the pricing, and the FDA, lazy a** reps are going to start leaving their cows.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And there are plenty of lazy reps out there. There are lots of rumors floating around these days, so I don't know what to take with a grain of salt. When all the craziness finally settles, it will be interesting to see who stays and who leaves.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a feeling you will see some old timers leave because they are sick of it, and some of the newbies leave because they were never good enough to be out in the field. Putting them out there with no experience has caused a lot of people to get hammered.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New folks as in new to med device sales, or new to Presource sales? Presource is a different beast in the med device market- very long sales cycle, complexity from multiple layers, several call points per customer, etc etc... But I do tend to agree, old timers with bloated egos/territories/compensation might not stay after the way this was all handled, and the new folks will think this job is just god awful after the lashings they probably took.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about just new to sales?