MC, Onset field rides

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by Anonymous, Oct 1, 2014 at 2:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think it might be time for MC to take some field rides with some AMs to get a true understanding as to what it takes to get people to 1. get interested in Onset. 2. Go thru the selling process. 3. See how many offices want a trial before deciding to buy a pen, let alone seeing what a trial would consist of with organizing if you are lucky enough to have a good relationship with your Benco people.
    All that for just the sale of one pen.
    It might put some on the spot, but it might give him a better understanding of what it actually takes.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I could understand that sentiment. This product really is a 3, 4 or 6 call selling cycle, and even then many customers will balk at buying if they don't have a sample or live demo.

If you have Benco reps that are fortunate enough to provide some samples- ask them to do it. Mine only has a limited amount, but it helped to close the sale when we used it.

The company is putting all their eggs into this basket in the hope that we can grow big time, and maybe more resources will help that push; if a customer is around 3k per year per STO, 10 new customers per year is 30k, 100 is 300k, and 1000 is $3 million. I wonder what the 2015 goals are per territory..

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Offer either of these ideas to anyone outside of Cafepharma and you're both fired! We can't have people thinking on their own to find solutions. MC does all the thinking and his minions carry out the marching order to us. Don't think! Just do what you're told!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not saying that Onset cannot be sold. It clearly can. But, it does not have the established reputation Arestin has, and, it is #2 in our bag. Too many have forgotten that for business to grow, yes guys, IT TAKES MONEY TO MAKE MONEY!!!!! Samples, demos, trial help, etc.
    If you were the doctor and someone asked you to spend this kind of money without seeing the results before you whipped out your checkbook, what would you do? Its like the car salesman not letting you take it for a test drive. Instead, you have to buy it and hope you were not screwed in the selling process.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish that we had Arestin and Onset only. And yes, samples would be great. But I would much rather sell a doc on Onset than EZ White any day of the week. That product is no good, and a horrible waste of our time and resources. If I could take that POS product out of my bag I would have a lot more time to focus on Onset...which is in my eyes a seriously superior product.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree. I see Onset having much more potential that EZ White. All it means is taking that product out of our bag and quit making us Whitening Hookers so that we can get something out there that can truly help instead of EZ "Me Too, oops, maybe not doctor". Uhm,, sorry EZ White did not work and faded back, and did not turn bubbly white when lit, and burned your patient. Want to buy some pens instead?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've stopped telling my accounts about what other OnSet users say about our product because they are satisfied using what they have. "The OnSet approach?" Are we really trying to create a buzz on this hackey phrase?

The point is, we have no #2 product. How many accounts do we really have hat are excited about whitening? They are less and less each day with more and more OTC products that do almost as good of a job. When in God's name will we ever get a quality #2 product?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree 100% with the EZ White discussion, however Onset is a GREAT product! I have used it as a clinician and really do feel like it changes the way I practice.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a bad product at the current rate. Cut the price in half and it's a good product. Bring it down to about $69.00 per pen and it's a great product! Then raise the cost of the cartridges. Use the Arestin model. Small price on the pen to get one in every practice, then sell the cartridges.

EZ and Xerese both suck! I'll bet our next product is a blockbuster, though!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel that I waste so much time and energy selling EZ White! And then after I sell it in, I waste even more time with it during the demo process, all while keeping my fingers crossed that it actually works, doesn't burn the patient, ect ect. Such a huge waste of time, and I feel guilty selling it into my good accounts since it's such a huge POS.

I know that if I put that "EZ white" time into selling Onset, I could really get some traction. Just wanted to share, hopefully someone like JC is reading this and can do something about getting EZ out of our bag!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And hopefully JC can get little pixies to leave a pot of gold at the foot of your bed in the morning.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not likely that EZ is taken from us. I have a feeling that, despite the latest news of the EZ goal increasing for Q4, Onset and Rx will be the most pertinent focus heading into 2015. This said, I find something to be a bit out of sorts here. Post-Quarter, we receive word that they are going to lower the goal initiatives for EZ and Onset after viewing the Q3 sales. Despite, many of us, screaming at the top of our lungs for the duration of Q3 that these goals were asinine, I find it refreshing though without them saying it, that they've admitted their mistake. Now on to part that's out of sorts. Last week, we all heard the conference call with LG and the regular banter about how great the Rx program is and how our customers love it. One thing that was brought up through the AH "independent" survey of customers was that their love for the program and the subsequent submissions this past quarter were hindered through "less than normal patient flow". If I'm like any of you that received immense pressure to have offices SUBMIT every case through Rx than you know that many of the offices said that they were "slow" or just weren't "seeing the amount patients like last year". This THEN validated what we were saying during that time. If you were like me, you communicated this as well but we're essentially told to "forge on"! My question is this: Since we have all this great customer response as to why they weren't using the Rx program in Q3, through this "independent" survey, and compounding that with what we were saying all along from the field, why aren't those Rx goals being adjusted?
    My guess is that if you feed the dog a nibble soon enough it'll be blind to the huge truck in the road that's barreling down on it just to chase the bone. Good luck everyone!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone pay close attention to this post, and read between the lines; this is someone who collects a paycheck and doesn't have a clue about how to sell, much less running their own business.

You have stopped selling Onset because you CAN'T sell Onset. The reality is that you would never assign responsibility to yourself, because that would shine the flashlight on a weak salesperson. You have made a choice not to get better...you don't learn more about the science of buffering, and you haven't learned the ins/outs of the other 'caines'. You are probably a 3-6 year rep selling Arestin, and you have no clue how to sell a product that actually has competition.

You don't sell EZ White because you don't have the SKILL to sell EZ White! I really don't give a crap about the offices being excited about whitening - I have to sell the equivalent of 20 kits per month, along with 2 bundles of pens. Let's see - 150-200 calls a month, assuming you are working, and you can't sell 4 customers on EZ White? Are you kidding me??

Truth: I think EZ White is crap, but I don't get paid for my opinion. I get paid to SELL.

Truth: Onset has a place, but we have a hurdle with customers that are trained to get samples before they buy. Get over it - and sell.

I know CP is a place to bitch, and I've done my share in the past about SS, MC or the Goals. But the idiocy of f this post struck a cord, and needed to be called out.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Truth - You're a D-bag Manager who takes their anger out for MC and SS right here on CP because you have no balls to challenge them. The Orapharma founding fathers/mothers are not surprised that you're still here.

Truth - The poster said that they have stopped telling their accounts about what other DMDs think about OnSet. Maybe the poster stopped this referral type approach because it's what his/her manager told them to do to sell it. Nowhere in the post was it mentioned that the rep would stop "selling" this product or any other.

Truth - Like most people courageous enough to hide behind a keyboard to defend this crap company, you're likely part of the problem. If you do what we're asking and just LISTEN TO THE FIELD. Hell, at least read the post more accurately and stop trying to apply your own meaning what other's are living every day.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is as close to accurate as anything on here. Reps being misdirected then held accountable for going in the wrong direction by those who gave them the wrong direction. What's worse is the insulting indictment on the reps work ethic.

I use to love it here and I'll hate to leave some great friends but I can't wait to go.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they can't sell, how did they get through the interview process with the Manager? And when you say, "run their own business," do you mean "follow ill fated management direction to their doom?"

Truth: You are an upset manager because you know the person who wrote this is on your team but you can't prove it or do anything about it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wish I was an RM, because I'd have the balls to tell some Account Managers the TRUTH about their sales skill.

I can't speak to the interview process, because that's not in my job description. Hell, maybe, they didn't even interview with their current manager. I know some RMs that came aboard in the last 4-5 years, that have gotten rid of the low performers or bad apples. BTW, I'm being consistent with the pulse of this board; as someone who tries to just do my job and go home, I have to listen to the incessant bitching of "tenured AMs" that have a golden spoon up their asses, feeling that life has dealt them a bad hand with the goals going up and with expectations to sell multiple products.
    News flash: your teammates don't give a shit about your complaining, and sharing your misery will do NOTHING to change your bad attitude and toxic performance in front of your customers. You get paid 90k or more to do what -work for 6 hours a day?? I mean, how much time do you actually spend selling?? People - look around you; the real unemployment rate in the US is closer to 15%, and its around 20% for people under the age of 30. Unhappy? Then leave, and let someone else give it a try...leave me alone, and let me work my territory, and actually TRY to get better at what I do.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alternative truth: What I think about anyone, including you is irrelevant. I wish I was a manager(see previous post). What the hell are you talking about when you refer to Orapharma founding fathers/mothers?? Do you mean the ones at JnJ, the private equity firm?? Which ones???? Get out of the 18th century and live/work/react to the present day reality. You sound like someone that longs for the Orapharma of 12+ years ago...its gone grandpa/grandma.

I get paid to work, period. Don't like it? Then find a job that fits your wimpy, 'woe is me' attitude. I LISTEN to the field because I WORK in the field. My tone may be somewhat crass, but its honest. I, like many others, are tired of hearing the complaining of the lifers in the field that can't tolerate the goals(we ALL KNOW THEY ARE RIDICULOUS), or can't tolerate having goals that go up for 4 products.

Goals go up. MC has some serious leadership issues. I don't really know SS that well, but I'll go with the flow and throw him under the bus. What else should be complain about??

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard if they are going to re-adjust our q3 sleazy white and onset goals so that maybe we get paid a teensy bit?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are one delusional dipstick! You rant about not being a manager and the entitlement of a tenured rep. Aren't you a tenured rep? And you say, "Leave me alone." Who the hell is targeting you? And making $90K I WISH! You don't the first clue what you're talking about.

You tell complainers to leave if they aren't happy. Are you happy here? If you say yes, you're a liar! If you say no, you're a hypocrite. You're the worse person on here! I like reading these complaints from my peers. It makes me feel that I'm not alone.

If you don't like reading bad feedback about our shitty company and it's shitty leaders, then leave the company. You're the one adding another layer by throwing the reps under the bus. Are you kidding me? None of us has been put in a position to win a sales call with one product forget about all 4. And you have the gall to rip us?

The truth is, you asshole, nobody at any level in Orapharma knows who is working and who isn't! Nobody knows who's sales skill is up to snuff and who's sales skill isn't. So who the hell are you to say who is good and who isn't good under these circumstances? You say you're not a manager so how do you know who is good?

You may not be a manager but you're one of the lifers who won't be able to explain why you're still hanging on to a drowning company. Is that what's driving you to post garbage in this site?