Ken Frasier Said 2015 will be a tough one

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Aug 7, 2014 at 8:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So when does the Board of Directors tell Kenny to lead by example - and cut HIS compensation?

Not holding my breath

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get real. the K-man was just named executive bro of the year by Jet magazine. He's about to get broke off in a major way.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Marvin Johnson's use of "heard it through the grape vine" early in his career was somewhat prophetic, don't you think?!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sell sell sell! They know something is terribly wrong with a trial out there. Odanacatib maybe?

As usual for the last 8 years, the slow agonizing drum beat of more layoffs begins. This place sucks!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would it be any different than the other years than Ken has been in charge?? You can only lay off so many people. What a leader!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...I'd say about 72,999 !!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FDA approval for our sleep drug - too bad that most of you are already asleep at the wheel - oh well layoff notices go out tomorrow the 15th

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He has certainly figured out a way to soften the blow.

USA Today reports that 20 big, profitable U.S. companies paid no taxes in the second quarter, among them Merck (MRK), General Motors (GM) and computer storage company, Seagate (STX). (See below for the full list.)

Merck, the second largest pharmaceutical company in the U.S., actually had a negative effective tax rate of 7.5% during the second quarter, which means it got a tax credit. Eight of the 20 companies were in real estate or real estate-related businesses.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-insane-u-s--corporate-tax-system-145353359.html

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kenny doesn't seek growth or create value. His formula is "working the system". He seeks profit by cutting expenses. Operating expenses and tax obligations. He will cut until there is nothing left to cut. A very short to medium-term prognosis at best. Just ask yourself, where is the growth to come from?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Suvorexant! Yeah baby. We only need twenty more approvals next year, just like this one and we are out of the woods.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2015 will indeed be painful. Vaseline is becoming very short supply, after all the reamings Kenny has doled out. Those terminated in 15 may have to take it dry. Be well.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Steve, can I see you in my office? Bring your laptop and a jar of vaseline."