Psychopaths at PFE

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, May 8, 2014 at 2:20 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As I read this, I was reminded of so many of the people at Pfizer. But, now that I left Blue, I notice that this article applies to all pharmaceutical companies. Actually, to all corporate sales "opportunities"...

Young people in school, do yourself a favor, read this and understand that the corporate world is full of these snakes and get away from it all.

Get into a PRIVATE company, start your own business, or just move the the islands or the beach communities and work at a restaurant.

This article is chilling, but it is very true. Its unfortunate how the psychopathic author thinks it is a good thing too. Terrible world we live in, absolutely terrible!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/10788449/Why-psychopaths-are-more-successful.html

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

brave new world stuff here.
    this article just upset me so
    much because these are the
    people that are running our
    organizations.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get a grip. Being a paranoid nutcase is not good either.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, one has to stay balanced. for sure.
    still, this article was a creep show, and did remind me of some of the managers I have worked with in this industry. odd people. odd world. you can't deny that.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The author obviously has no idea what a true psychopath actually is.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We don't tolerate jerks at Pfizer but psychopaths are OK.................

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you see grown men acting like junior varsity basketball players getting called up to play with the varsity (jocks will get this), then you know you have a strange company you are working for.

Men at Pfizer are Oddballs. Kool Aid drinking even in middle age. Strange.

Women at Pfizer are not as bad, but the managers are not very woman like. They can't cook or keep house. They just go bla, bla, bla in front of the doctors.

I never too any of my managers to key accounts because of this.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a lot of managers and a lot of teammates, past and present, who richly possessed these traits of a psychopath.

Direct counterparts who, every time they talk to you, are trying to "gain an edge" over what you are doing to try and make themselves "look better" and will stab you in the back to the people they suck up to the first chance they get.

Managers who are constantly trying to manipulate people on their team to create a constant state of contrived conflict that they can "manage" (because the job itself is inherently simple and simplicity and common sense died at Pfizer a long time ago)

This company is a den of snakes, and no one is to be trusted

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The entire POD thing is such a turn off.
    I can see why they do it, but it is not something a hard worker is really going to put up with for a long period of time.

The crazies (psychopaths) love the POD because they can manipulate others, while doing as little as possible, and then look for the promotion. A promotion that comes not with work ethic or creativity, but with knowing how to jockey themselves for power.

I worked for the PFE for about a year, and left, because of this. Unfortunately, I found the same in all other corporate companies I worked for (payroll, surgical sales, other pharmaceutical, construction sales).

Now that I am working for myself, I am truly content. I make a little less money (about 20-30k), but have more upside. In about 3-5 years, I will make more than pharma, and I will have my job security and my piece of mind...

the reason it is good to expose this behavior, is that it does have in impact on our lives. we tend to ignore it because the pay is good. I challenge all of you to explore work that does not involve as many of these types of people. you will likely find it outside of corporate. don't be risky about it. network with a friend and work with them. never quit this job. Instead, have fun with it, and don't worry so much. And I know the psychos are going to bash me on this post, because they are psychos...and psychos hate to get exposed.