Is Merck stronger or weaker?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Aug 27, 2014 at 9:30 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Over the past year, several people have been let go and the primary criteria was performance. During this time, several top performing people have left on their own to seek better opportunities. So is Merck now stronger or weaker and why do you say this?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Better! PD1 is going to turn us around.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IF PD1 ever sees the light of day (50-50 chance at best), it will be the sole property of the Oncology reps. The PC portfolio is almost empty going forward. Those reps will be slaughtered….again.

This company is a total train wreck. I can't believe anyone can be dumb enough to not have noticed the savagery and decimation of our entire company in recent years. Have you SEEN the mothballed buildings??? How about the scores of thousands of displaced employees??? Jesus, what does it take for you people to snap out of it?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck has been on downward trajectory for at least 15 years. Nothing has been done to retain and recruit top talent. In many cases, very talented people we're let go because of demographics and years worked.

We have a little way to go till we reach rock bottom. Not sure what happens then.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, PD1 is going to sell at least $15B a year and save this company. We only need this one drug and the many cancer indications it treats. Yep, that's the way it's going to happen. No doubt, bet your career on it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Weaker, we are at the mercy of the consultants. Consultants are motivated to keep their lucrative contracts. There is a "perverse incentive" in place that will keep us spending $B restructuring (aka changing the name of the same exact process), on useless analytic tools, useless technology, etc. Sadly, sales will continue to decline and more layoffs will come.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in a Corp function and we have had THREE people give notice on their own this week alone. We have never been hit by layoffs. Our VP likes to spin it as these people needed to go anyway - even though there was no plan to send them packing. We have been losing the great, the mediocre, and, now, even the worst to other companies.

No one wants to be here anymore.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's frightening if true and I fear it is.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me add this correction: Merck has been on downward trajectory for "at least 20 years." Look it up if in doubt. How quickly we've forgotten what Merck once was.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is completely true and another one announced today. So make that 4 in a single week. Everyone I know personally in the group (not all of the group) are all looking outside the company and praying they are the next one to give notice.