Base and target bonus for Vaccine Division

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Oct 7, 2014 at 8:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is vaccine division considered specialty? 4 years of pharma. None in Vaccine. What's base and target bonus or total take home for the top 20% in the company?! Territory is just outside the metro area. Thanks in advance!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most in this division are seasoned reps who make 85K on average, including bonus.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vaccines was part of the Specialty Division, before Pfier restructured to 3 division structure about a year ago. it is now called VOC ( Vaccines, Oncology, Consumer). The other two Business units are Global Innovative Products (Primary Care, Institutional, Inflammation) and Established Products (soon-to-go-off patent drugs and generics).

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By "seasoned", I mean 10-30 years in the industry.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is very low for a seasoned rep. With 15 years in pharma sales, I was making 100K salary, and 36K in bonus....and that was in primary care!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to the new world. Lots of unemployed reps will take an 85k/year job. In most parts of the country you are living large. NY, LA, etc not so. Bumblef**k Alabama you are a king!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. I spoke to a recruiter on a Vistakon position before and the base is lower vs pharma at mid 70k-85k base and uncapped bonus for reps with no med device coming from pharma.

If you're switching from PC or Pharma to eye care/'medical device', know what a typical day is with Vistakon or as an eye rep because it could differ greatly from pharma and you may or not may not like the difference!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vacccine* rep

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you actually have to work?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have any experience as a pharm rep, I wouldn't accept anything less than a $85k Base!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoa! Whoa! There. That's asking a lot. Settle down there. Don't get carried away.

Jon T.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much in base for someone w 3-4 yrs of pharma?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The base is based on your current salary, time in the industry, and awards. If you correctly earn 65k you can probably expect a small bump.

10 yrs of proven sales with awards expect a bigger offer.

This is a PRIMARY CARE position plain and simple. Don't expect to make 110 base it wont happen (maybe if you're very good youll get more). Base is decent, target bonus is just under 22k at 100%.

If this is too low dont bother. We could probably hire someone from outside the industry, pay them $65k, and get similar results.

Good luck to all

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anything under $85k is low for a Vaccines position with a top 10 pharma company. That's insulting. What kind of candidates are they hiring for this position?? Geeeeez!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i agree with this except having come from Primary Care, and being in the Vaccines division for a few years now- I can tell you it's NOTHING like Primary Care. But it's true in Pfizer Vaccines they are not being very generous with salary these days.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this an expansion or backfill positions? Im sure these are not new territories

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's much better than PC thats true. But calling on im, fp, pulm, pharmacies. Is PC. Today we don't have reach and freq requirements but that will probably change.

Big difference is docs are interested in what we say. No samples, no co-pay cards or vouchers.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will change-R&F is right around the corner....it's Pfizer's way.. And as far as the doctor being interested in what you say....how long will that last? It will really be interesting and pleasant when they start to get rejections from the insurance companies or a reimbursement so low they will wonder why they hell they are laying out all the money for Prevnar. All it takes is ONE rejection for whatever reason and the fun starts. Good luck-it's not pediatrics where they have no choice-if you know what I mean. Some docs refer patients out for Flu vaccinations because they can't be bothered (and that's cheap). If they start to lose a couple of hundred bucks because of a billing mistake or insurance mishap-good luck!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Coulda shoulda woulda. What ya gonna do.

You're the dude who was butt hurt by the vaccine division arent you. The one who keeps spouting off about how ACIP drives our business, we only take orders and how we all suck. Is that you? Give me a hint who hurt your feelings so badly, ill track them down at our POA next week.

I sold in PC for 15+ years. Was in that space when it was great, and when it turned into what it is today. My current vaccine position is interesting again. It's not PC in 1998 and it's not PC 2013 either. Will Docs get tired of hearing abt P13, of course. But by the time they do we'll have a mennB vaccine. Then Cdiff vaccine will spur more interest, than Prev25 will launch. Looks pretty fun for a bit, right?

You're right a denied claim will set us back a bit. And promoting the ACIP recommendation for re-vaccinated patients will lead to a lot of denied claims. Will we (regionals and dm's) stick to vaccine naïve or go for the whole recom? Make inroads in the adult space and grow or piss off our customers when denials pour in.

I wonder......

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will I make $100k take home in the vaccines division? I have 1 yr PC and 2 yrs Specialty. I know it's PC pay, but I'm just ready to jump ship with the way things are going w current gig and wife switching to PT work. Thanks