abbott diabetics

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Aug 22, 2008 at 2:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot the other jokes Glenn J and Peter J.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dunky must be on an extended vacation. Heard he is shopping at the Members Only outlet in Branson Mo.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You like mirrors or something ?
    HR

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After interviewing the several hoops, it became clear that brooches with a capitol B are what's valued here. Worst hostile wenches I've ever met. I wouldn't work here if it was the last job offer left. These were not women, they were Droid stuck at a mentality of high school bitches from helll. It was hard not to just slap the bitches cuz they were so full of themselves. Vomit would enhance their appearance and personalities nicely. West coast whores.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like somebody could not make it to first base. Wiff

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sales up 5.3% due to Libre. I calculate Libre sales from Sept to be about $150M. Not bad. Libre submitted to FDA along with Libre pro. More countries to follow.....

You guys at ADC were given a life line....for now.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WOW! Once again, we find irrefutable proof that ADC attracts the dumbest, simplest, and most gullible dopes in the industry. All that matters is US sales. EU is a rounding error. And those "sales" are BS: they are subsidizing Libra almost dollar for dollar, losing money on every piece "sold" or, more accurately, given away.

US sales SUCK, you MORON! Libra has not made it to first base with the FDA. Libra is so far from ever making it to market, the odds are 10:1 better for the Cleveland Browns to win the Super Bowl.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now, who would have this much interest in posting all of this crap? It is too irrational to come from someone who has any real data. Your need to convince us negates your information. You are here to insist your info is correct and anyone else's is a huge conspiracy. I think what ever ails you is getting worse because you are getting more and more paranoid. If you have scientific information to back up your rants, take it somewhere that matters. Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a damn.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Er.... You?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ADC is and always has been a top flight and profit center division within Abbott. Key word ere at ADC is been sustainability, unlike you who was let go for low performance.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why don't you two steers get a room ?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's true that Abbott has made a lot of money off of ADC. However, after 5 quarters of negative growth ADC let people go....a lot of people. Nothing to do with performance. It was all about money.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only reason ADC is delivering any profit with declining top line sale is by 1). cutting all investment spending (R&D, marketing,etc), 2) reducing spending (cutting headcount, COGS, etc). ABT pulled all investment years ago. I.e. they are milking the division. What does that tell you?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very, very true. I think Abbott upper level management was taken back a bit by the success of Libre product. Otherwise they would have cut more sooner.

I used to work at ADC. The R&D group, many of those who did the original Libre work, are gone. They laid off about 30 or 40 and moved some of the work to the UK. Then attrition reduced the headcount by at least 25 or more. Then I was told last year they cut 27 more. Not much R&D remaining. With a few exceptions, those who remain are management suck ups with little if any original thought. The sales and marketing group was cut by about 140 back in 2013....than QA....and many more.

So, Libre is ADC's last shot. Good product but why bother if the division does not provide for future development and growth? Simple, suck it dry. Toss the husk.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What success? How do you define success? I know you have been a regular here on this topic, and worked on this before you left, so I can understand how there might be a tendency to defend it or at least see it through rose colored glasses. But the numbers just don't support success, at least by any definition I know. You do realize what is going on in the Europe is a test, right? Subsidized by the company?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Abbott has not published any numbers. But has stated in the Q1 and Q2 conference calls that Libre sales have put ADC revenue in the black. MW can't say this if is was not true. Several analysts have estimated the sales at $100M to $150M. This is pretty successful. In the marketing/costing analysis I did with a $72 sales for each sensor this can be quite profitable for Abbott. Now this may not have yet covered the launch and R&D costs but it will eventually.

These are facts. Read other diabetes websites, blogs, etc and Libre is a very hot product, warts and all. You are somewhat correct in stating this is a test case. It was a limited release into seven Eurozone countries. Now India and two others have been added. So it was not a wide release. Also, as you have said many times, if the insurance/governments do not start to reimburse for all or part of the product, it will be DOA. I do agree with that statement.

But I know several folks who work at other CGM companies and they all admit that Libre is good and is a game changer and now these companies are now in catch up mode. It does not mean that Abbott will hold this position long (ABT is very slow) but it is the case now.

You have also mention that this Libre launch is just to position ADC for a sale....I do agree that this is a high probability. MW could do a lot with a few billion and diabetes management is a commodity business. No big pharma wants to play in that space.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are you talking about? I have read your posts, but this is the first time I bothered to respond, out of curiosity. This is my point: you are an outsider, but many here who are insiders are telling you differently. I am just curious why you continue to state outside sources and Miles propaganda as iron clad facts, and selectively ignore those who work here and have the inside skinny.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

+1! I don't think this Libra-loving clown has a clue. I've responded to him a few times and gave up, as others have as well.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

+2 as in two losers Both with no life

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Libre Boy was nailed a while back: a fired or laid off "R&D" tech (what a crock that is) from the UK, who seems to be desperate that this pig gets launched because its probably the only thing in his resume. Not to be confused with PR Boy, who likes to re-quote ABT press releases for us.