Sex with Doctors?

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jul 18, 2009 at 4:28 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Physician's wife here. Just how prevalent is it? I hear that it happens but does it happen often? Just wondered.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It happens all the time. I'm a physician and a stock holder and I was at a dinner program the other night and as the lecture ended the rep had sex with 4 of the physicians. I found this very disturbing and disapointing (primarily because I was not one of the four physicians selected). He wasn't a particularly attractive rep, but the fact that he didn't select me was still highly insulting. You're absolutely correct in being concerned.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FOUR AT ONCE! Was the name SPIZZLE on his Pfizer nametag by any chance????

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rep here. Unfortunately we get hit on all the time by men like your husband. They come to dinner programs with a goal in mind that has nothing to do with medicine. Others simply take any kindness by a pretty girl as a come-on and a signal for sex, when nothing could be further from the truth. Shame but true.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have had sex with six married doctors in my career.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a "former" pfizer rep. I have to second this one.
    I would much rather be known for my mind and purpose than my looks and body. This is truly unfortunate. I am not sure why these physicians behave this way. It is not only disrespectful to the representative, but also the physicians wives.
    I am sure it does go on, but in no higher numbers than in society alone. You need to keep your eye on HIM.

I have had a few doctors misread my interactions.
    I have had to keep myself in check with this and re-evaluate what messages I might be sending inadvertently. I never went to dinner or any other event without my husband until we were not able to bring our spouses. I discontinued this practice. It is just plain disrespectful to the physicians wife. It is also disrespectful when a male rep takes a male physician out and fills then up with alcohol or takes them away from their family. I would be livid as a spouse. I have seen many more infractions between the physician and their NURSE. I don't care what they look like or if they are obese or a perfect 10.

This all being said...I have a favorite response which is "I don't think your wife would appreciate...'fill in the blank'." It is pretty effective until they say "I don't think my wife has to know". I always then say "Yea, but I would tell her, just like I am going to mention this interaction to my husband...have a nice day". It has never compromised my business. If anything, it has helped. They just act like it never happened or apologize.

I know that a lot of people on here try to make the female reps look like they are after a doctor. I have seen a few who are. But I have never seen the attraction. Good luck with your husband and keep him honest. When he goes out of town, go out of town with him...and go out with him. Then you will know what his temptations are. But be fair, just because they are there, does not mean that he has acted on any.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you the guy who works for Pfizer in Miami?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a huge double standard. As an IHR I had to take residency groups out for dinners often, and more than half of them are female these days and you get hit on all the time. I was engaged at the time and later married, and this only seemed to intensify the cougars.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former Pfizer rep here (guy). After being in the business over 15 years, I can honestly say that the majority of women I had the pleasure to work with throughout my career were intelligeint, motivated people who were trying to enjoy a successful career. That being said, they were also very attractive, charming, and personable. Just like I took advantage of being able to take the doctors to the golf course, hunting, etc., trust me, these ladies knew what their assets were, and knew how, amd when to take advantage of them. I'm not saying they slept with doctors, I'm positive 90% never would have. But, sex appeal played a large role in their success. So doctor's wife, they probably use the same assets to forge a successful business relationship with your husband as you did to land him. No offense intended.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are shitting us right. When a hot rep comes into my office, I take her into the exam room. She gets my full attention. I have done everything you can imagine with and to them. What are they going to do, tell their DM? I am number 1, 2, or 3 in NRX and TRX for about 30 products. Her DM would probably offer to blow me. Even if it was a guy.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots and lots of talk and wishful thinking, but it happens rarely.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, unfortunately it happens.

The married docs are the worst.

One tried to kiss me while I was talking to him. I should have had a clue when he shut the door. I was young and stupid.
    I just told him that while he was handsome, he was married.
    No way.

I knew that a doc liked me once, and I was tired of getting nothing for it.
    He wrote the hell out of whatever I was selling for a few months. I won the trip and a huge bonus, and was supposed to go to the medical meeting out of town.The doctor hinted that he would meet me there. This guy made my bonus that year. I decided to accept the bonus, but decline the trip.

The other reps called me and said that doctor so and so was looking for me, LOL.

I am not proud of it, but I was tired of being hit on by married doctors.
    I really think that they were just lazy. Here I was walking into their office. They didn't even have the decency to hit on a woman at a bar or a club.

Needless to say, the S#@$ hit the fan when the doctor came back from the trip.
    I apologized, and gave some lame excuse about being sick, but he didn't buy it.

My sales dropped miserably after that in that zip code, so I had to make up for it elsewhere.
    Was it worth it?? Yes.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been a rep for 15 years and I have not come close to sleeping with a doctor. I also never heard of any reps that I know sleeping with a married doctor. I have heard single reps dating and marrying single doctors but that is it. I know this may happen but really it's not what it appears. Being a rep is a job. The last thing I want to do is hang out with doctors- that's my job and I have a life that doesn't revolve around bedding a doc. I'm happy to say I make good $$ so I'm not looking for a sugar daddy. Lastly, it's not worth sleeping with a doc to get scrips. Like I said we get paid well and the products work well so there is no need to sleep with doctors for scrips. Lastly, I like most of the doctors I call on but they are not hot. Doctors are not typically known to be hot or the best lovers so why bother. If a woman can be satisfied by her man and in return satisfy her man there would be no need to worry if your doctor husband will cheat with some rep with no morals.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Happens all the time, it is part of the game. Have you ever attended a professional meeting with vendor booths there? If so, how did the reps working the booth look? Why do you think the companies " man " the booth with # 10 foxes with short skirts? You should go to a company sponsored "hospitality suite' at the end of the day-MANY female reps, flowing alcohol, food, and MANY types of dessert if you get my drift. Also the reps like married doctors because they know there is no commitment . YOU should worry!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a big DUH!

Why OP do you think the majority of sales reps are women? Not just any woman but model hot women? Because, the Doctors want at least the idea that sex is possible.

Sex with doctors? Never a higher prevalence than right now.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MD wife here. Heard about this site from a friend. Cannot believe the world that my husband must interact with daily! Want to warn you little bitches now...keep your hands off my husband. I can and will make it very expensive for you and for him if you should "alienate" him from me. Hell hath seen no fury like mine, sleazebags!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need not worry about the reps, most of us make a good enough salary that we don't sleep around with doctors. Why would we, they are a mess, most eat fried calamari and pasta with their fingers, are so cheap they don't want to pay for anything, no thank you. What you really need to watch out for is their staff, in my 12 years of being a rep I know of at least 10 offices where the doctor is screwing the office manager, this is the person who also buys your gifts and comes to your house for dinner. They have a lot to gain financially since they get paid shit and these are the ones who are very protective about what female reps their doctor sees. You can always tell what staff member is sleeping with the doctor because the whole staff knows and they love to share it with reps. These are also the office managers that do not allow the physician to see pretty female reps. No need to worry about reps and your husband, some staff at the office actually act like they are married to your husband during the day. I have never heard of a rep sleeping with a doctor, although I am sure it has happened on occasion.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love all male reps!
    Signed,
    Dr. Ivana Mann

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? Where do you live? Odds are no one wants your husband, but even if someone did "steal" him from you, the majority of states are no fault divorce states and there are only 2 states that have "alienation of affection" so good luck trying to prove that. But like I said, although he's probably a wonderful man and means the world to you... beauty is in the eye of the beholder and highly unlikely that anyone else is after your man.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a gay guy. Ivana Man too!