How do PFE health benefits match up to Big Pharma

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Nov 29, 2013 at 4:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just curious?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Head of HR has publicly stated Pfizer strives to be somewhere near the middle vs industry, do not want to be in the top...great goal, strive for mediocracy, gives me the warm and fuzzies...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd have to disagree... I was at Pfizer for 15 years and the health insurance for me and my family was incredible. I just recently went to another Big Pharma company and was disappointed to find that their coverage isn't nearly as good. It's still good, especially in this day but boy do I miss Pfizer's perks! I've heard Pfizer beats out most other Pharma.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The transgender operations they cover are second to none. They even make you a whoo-hah if you are a dude turning into a lady. Most companies just cover the hormonal therapy

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer had great benefits, but has toned down recently in some areas (e.g. no more pension for new hires)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PFE benefits are, by design, middle to bottom third. Face it, they don't have to pay to keep us, because where else could we go and make this kind of money for this kind of effort?

Ian and his board want the stock to grow, period. That's how they get paid. So their underlings will cut, cut, cut on expenses since the top line isn't humming. It's easy to cut benefits.

Remember when we used to have quota achievers trips? Warehouse runs? My wife could drive the company car? I could send flowers to the district member who had a death/baby/etc? Remember when my I could expense enough to cover my cell phone?

It's over. Only the rich(ELT) enjoy perks now. Just like this country's middle class, the average worker has been neutered of all benefits.

Well, at least we have a big investment in fringe minority programs.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The golden years are gone forever. The benefits, award trips, allowed expenses, products, etc. were second to none. Now...........so sad.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Health top notch
    401k near the bottom
    Pension until end of 2017 a lottery ticket playing interest rate game until 55 annuity.
    Car-bad. Basically pay the monthly lease, without excess mileage

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes indeed, Pfizer leadership is all about cut, cut, cut when it comes to the number of employees and their benefits. But that's the American Dream in action - a small number of greedy people keep grabbing more and more of the money in our society. Every Republican would tell you that's a beautiful thing and it's the way it should be in America!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Republican? Democrats are the richest and now DC now has the most 1%ters. It should be demorats you loathe. #nolabels

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Health Care--Agree, top notch with free Pfizer drugs
    401K--Disagree, up 17.9% ytd
    Pension--BIG loss but expected, have to wait and see if the Company pay in as your match will be enough to ever retire. At least you can take it with you. Chances of making it to a pension eligible age are low anyway.
    Car-How can you rate bad? You can buy your own and at least if you can't make that work, you still have a car. Sound pretty whiney on this one.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cons - You used to have no copays for any pharmaceuticals but that got reinstated a few years ago. Copays for office visits, hospitalizations, etc. Costs go up every year like most plans.

Pros - If your roommate does not have insurance he can sign an affidavit stating he is your lover and he can get on Pfizer's plan. If you want to have a sex change operation that is covered as well

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually no co pays for Pfizer only products. Everything else you pay. Pfizer literally reduced benefits and told us they we want to align with what is average.

So in return I am giving them what the Industry average rep does. Fair? If we are not a special company anymore then lets all be average.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your post is naïve, try to look at the big picture.

You mention 401k is up 17.9%YTD. First of all, that's your account balance. Mine is up over 30% for the year. Hopefully you're not sitting on all the company stock fund given as a match. You're selling large pieces of it at least annually right? Moving those funds into other investment options right? Remember Enron? Diversify man. Also, the post was referring to the % of match. 4.5 isn't huge when you look at it by itself, but that's not the case. It's 4.5% plus a pension. At least until 12-31-17. So yes Pfizer does treat us pretty well on paper, we'll see if they continue paying pension obligations in 30 yrs.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novo-Nordisk has the very best benefits in this industry! It surpasses Pfizer.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you mean by Pension until end of 2017? I am legacy Parke Davis and from my understanding our defined corporate Pension is set up as an annuity from when we turn 65 until death.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You may want to get acquainted with the formula they use to calculate that pension you have before you make a claim that its all that. Why do people only refer to the generals, but fail to know the specifics that make all the difference between good, mediocar, or bad.