Pharmacogenetics

Discussion in 'Independent Medical Contractors' started by Anonymous, May 10, 2014 at 9:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi
    I am a medical device industry veteran that is starting my own 1099 business and looking for 3 or 4 hot products for physician offices. I am looking for recommendations as well as feedback on pharmacogenetic testing(good companies/how is reimbursement/how are the doctors in adopting this? etc) Also any other tips you might provide would be much appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in the same boat, recently moved to 1099 selling into oral surgery with 4 pretty nice lines. I am looking for other potential money making lines to sell into private practice and hospital. Is Pharmacogenetics potentially a money maker??

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am waiting for responses- I know Medicare reimburses and have heard some private insurance do too. There seem to be several companies out there advertising for reps most recently so not sure if this is an indication of it being "hot" or not and would love to hear from anyone that is repping for one.
    Are you by chance selling the stem cell collection to oral surgeons? I am interested in the potential for that too.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vantari

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks looks like a good company-have you worked with them? If so, are the docs open to the testing/see the benefits?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am the OP and I welcome any personal emails with advice on this matter. My territory is Austin/San Antonio TX. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you. Melissa
    emree@alum.emory.edu

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been 1099 for 2 years after being direct for more than 10 years. Still focus on Surgery based products but I do have a company that I sell genetics for. There are several labs out there and many of the test results pages are the same. Key is finding a lab that test for more panels or snips, gives the DR/patient more bang for their buck as I think this test is a once in a lifetime test(insurance only pays once). Medicare does pay and most private insurances pay to some degree, some better than others. So in choosing which genetics testing lab you sell for ask them what insurances that they will bill and how they pay you. Is it a flat fee per test that is reimbursed like $100/test or a percentage of collected revenue like 20% of $900 collected which could pay you more or less. Also its hard to find protected territories in the genetics game make sure you cover that in your contract as you will likely have a few reps selling the same lab's test if you are not careful. It can pay really really well. I am in my 6th month of selling it and have 1 clinic that nets me over $12,000 a month and that's actually pretty minor compared to what some people are making with it.The good thing is that after the first month or so with a new clinic its basically residual income and if you just show your face and service the account every few weeks then you are free to grow other accounts or sell other products. All I can say is that its kind of like pain creams, don't know how long its going to last but its paying right now. I have read several national articles lately that say its only going to get bigger as an industry with all the predictive test that are coming out as well.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks so much this is great info and just what I was looking for. It reaffirms what I was thinking too. I really appreciate it!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello - I would love to speak with you for a few minutes about what you are doing with pharmacogenetics. If you email me your phone number, I will call you at a mutually agreed upon time. I am based in WA, and cover AK, ID and OR. I would be more than willing to pay you for your time. My email is medicaldevice6987@yahoo.com

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please be very careful in responding to anyone that leaves contact information on CP...especially with an yahoo e-mail that has scam written all over it like the one on this post.... a made up name and a yahoo e-mail, coudl be any kind of scammer...make sure you ask for a web site and more to determine if the person is legit..you want to be certain the person is not telling you one thing, and using your interview as a source and quotes inside a competitive intelligence report for the competition. they are known to do this fake bait and switch, without ever revealing a thing to the person they talked to. Be Very careful.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What type of clinics are you having success with?, Cardio, Neurology, General

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello,

I was in med/surg sales and service, managing 18 hospitals. Company was bought out so I took a severance. I have been browsing CP for jobs. I am great at starting and building new relationships. I have been searching and researching 1099 jobs here where I relocated to. I am willing to do whatever it takes to begin something like this for myself, not afraid to work hard, work for less for a foot in the door. WHATEVER IT TAKES and then I can take it from there. I am desperate for an opportunity, I am not a spammer. If you have any advice, or know of anyone looking for help and willing to teach the ropes to a dedicated, reliable person, please respond. I will check the board daily . I live in Nashville / Brentwood Tn area. Thanks

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been selling pharmacogenomics for 4 months and doing very well. I have 9 clinics cranking out about 15 test a day each. Doctors are making a lot of money and so am I!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how are your drs making a ton of money?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi I am also a 1099 rep in Texas and looking to see what the general consensus on what the hot 1099 products are. I think compound creams have died off and don't want to go there so what else makes $$? Selling to physician offices.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awesome, another person who doesn't do it. This market is so saturated as everyone is realizing how much money is in this. Yes, compounding is dead and no one pays for it anymore, sell back braces

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are looking for some more 1099 reps in Texas to market our physician ancillary services.

We sell Pharmacogenomics, Diagnostic testing, Toxicology and Revenue Cycle Services.

Email me at chase@physicianshealthpartners.com for more info.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmm interesting. Back Braces? any companies that you know of that 1099 their reps?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Chase:

Thanks for the reply. I already sell PGX so it would be a conflict of interest. Sorry.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please name me 3 DNA/Pharmaco groups who actually pay and won't be shut down in 90 days? It seems that every 3-5 months a pharmaco group stops paying with Vantari being a recent example