» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

» Sponsored ads

Go Back   Cafepharma Message Boards > Pharma/Biotech Companies > Baxter
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Baxter Anonymous Board for Baxter

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Anonymous

Arms Re: Baxter Special Lump Sum Pension Payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Ok what day were the checks or were the checks mailed.terday Someone postted that they said that the first batch was mailed yesterday and the 2nd batch would be mailed on the 24th.

Today they are saying that the checks are going to be mailed on the 21st.
This is just totally absurb, what.................
do they just say whatever is on their mind when someone calls to inquire about the checks?????
^^^ Must have been a janitor with that spelling!^^^

IDK what you were trying to get across in the first part of that, but I heard that they would be going out on the 21st (tomorrow) and the 24th.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Anonymous

Angry Re: Baxter Special Lump Sum Pension Payment

i dont get the secrecy. why cant they look up our account and tell us when our checks are being mailed?
Old 12-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Anonymous

Default Re: Baxter Special Lump Sum Pension Payment

Quote:
i dont get the secrecy. why cant they look up our account and tell us when our checks are being mailed?
I agree with you. It seems like it would much easier for them to tell you when your check would be mailed instead of getting the same calls day after day asking the same questions.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Anonymous

Cool Re: Baxter Special Lump Sum Pension Payment

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe they don't know the exact date? What sense does it make to keep it a secret or lie. They said we will receive it by December 31st. Chill.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe they don't know the exact date? What sense does it make to keep it a secret or lie. They said we will receive it by December 31st. Chill.
uh because they keep giving everyone the run around and nobody knows for sure, some of us really need that money so keep your chill comments to yourself. and secrets and lying is baxters way.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Anonymous

Gonna invest in silver and gold- its down now but will comw back up.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
is this for real?
As real as the dancer's boobs.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Anonymous

I do not know who everyone is talking to at the benefit center because every time I call it is always the same thing. You will have your check by the 31st. I asked today if he knew if the checks had been mailed and he said no he had no information on that issue.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Anonymous

I am hopeful I will receive it today and they already started the mailing process on the 20th as I was told. Has anyone called State street bank and trust co in Mass? I was told they are coming from this location going to start calling them.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Anonymous

Talking Re: Baxter Special Lump Sum Pension Payment

Let me sum this up...

"I got mine next week. I checked the postage mark and it said the check was mailed Dec. 21st (Christmas Eve). As promised, it got here by the 31st so I had plenty of money to spend on Christmas next week the 26th."

Confused? Good because reading this message boards for info about when you're getting your lump sum payouts just shows that you're the class of people that deserved the layoffs you most likely received. If you banked Christmas on Baxter coming through with checks they said you would receive before the 31st, you deserve the disappoinment.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Let me sum this up...

"I got mine next week. I checked the postage mark and it said the check was mailed Dec. 21st (Christmas Eve). As promised, it got here by the 31st so I had plenty of money to spend on Christmas next week the 26th."

Confused? Good because reading this message boards for info about when you're getting your lump sum payouts just shows that you're the class of people that deserved the layoffs you most likely received. If you banked Christmas on Baxter coming through with checks they said you would receive before the 31st, you deserve the disappoinment.
What kind of person are you to judge others? You have now way of knowing what their stituation is or why they might be in need of their money. Have you ever thought that they might need it for someone who might be sick in their family or some other terrible tragedy? I would think that after last weeks terrible tragedy which left so many suffering we as Americans would come together. SHAME ON YOU!!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Let me sum this up...

Why are you reading it?
Old 12-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Why are you reading it?
Why to do you feel the need to try and disgrace others. The only person you are making look bad is yourself.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Let me sum this up...

My God...I think that statement was the meanest thing I have heard this week. I started to wonder; who would post such an awful sentiment, then I remembered Christ was born in a barn because because the Inn Keeper thought that was all a pregnant teenager deserved....Hopefully some people will prove they deserve to be human by becoming humane. There is a reason for this Season of Hope.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
My God...I think that statement was the meanest thing I have heard this week. I started to wonder; who would post such an awful sentiment, then I remembered Christ was born in a barn because because the Inn Keeper thought that was all a pregnant teenager deserved....Hopefully some people will prove they deserve to be human by becoming humane. There is a reason for this Season of Hope.
These boards are bitter-sweet:

Respected company employs thousands of people in field and HQ- great benefits, salary and opportunities if you follow rules and perform-you advance. In this economy, look at the people that would stand in line and beg to have an opportunity to feel this type of Baxter pain.

Amazing how some bite the hand that feds or those that could not cut the performance standards. Too bad union job options don't exist for them today. Agreement on hope and holiday season for all. All the best Baxter-thanks for what you do for those of us that understand what a employee/employer partnership is all about. For those that seek something for nothing-we wish you all the best in your quest...
Old 12-22-2012, 01:10 AM
Anonymous

Smile Re: Baxter Special Lump Sum Pension Payment

Quote:
These boards are bitter-sweet:

Respected company employs thousands of people in field and HQ- great benefits, salary and opportunities if you follow rules and perform-you advance. In this economy, look at the people that would stand in line and beg to have an opportunity to feel this type of Baxter pain.

Amazing how some bite the hand that feds or those that could not cut the performance standards. Too bad union job options don't exist for them today. Agreement on hope and holiday season for all. All the best Baxter-thanks for what you do for those of us that understand what a employee/employer partnership is all about. For those that seek something for nothing-we wish you all the best in your quest...
True that many would love to have this "problem" of when is the check coming. Whenever I get it is fine with me. Just an FYI, I worked for Baxter for 19 years in 2 different departments and left on my own free will 19 years ago to raise my child myself for a few years. I could easily go back to Baxter today and was offered the chance back in my old department awhile ago by a friend who still works there. No job I've had since my Baxter days has been as good as those jobs were, but the company also changed in the 90's like all corporations, to where the bottom line became the end all. It changed so much that 2 of my high level bosses that were there for decades left. I remember the days of stock splits, the employees benefitting because the company was doing so well. I have friends from those old days that are still there and doing very well. As for looking forward to the check, I have my reasons. One being my mother just passed away after a long illness and I'll be able to pay off my credit card that I charged her funeral on. So I'd be careful about judging people and their reasons for looking forward to a check the company has said will be arriving by the end of the year. These lump sum payouts are to Baxter's benefit as well as our own. I hope people took advantage of the IIP program Baxter had/has while they worked there. I have that money invested as well. I will never put down Baxter, that company was very good to me and now it's being good to me again 19 years after I've left.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and I wish everyone a healthy and prosperous new year. Baxter just helped a lot of people with the prosperous part
Old 12-22-2012, 02:46 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
True that many would love to have this "problem" of when is the check coming. Whenever I get it is fine with me. Just an FYI, I worked for Baxter for 19 years in 2 different departments and left on my own free will 19 years ago to raise my child myself for a few years. I could easily go back to Baxter today and was offered the chance back in my old department awhile ago by a friend who still works there. No job I've had since my Baxter days has been as good as those jobs were, but the company also changed in the 90's like all corporations, to where the bottom line became the end all. It changed so much that 2 of my high level bosses that were there for decades left. I remember the days of stock splits, the employees benefitting because the company was doing so well. I have friends from those old days that are still there and doing very well. As for looking forward to the check, I have my reasons. One being my mother just passed away after a long illness and I'll be able to pay off my credit card that I charged her funeral on. So I'd be careful about judging people and their reasons for looking forward to a check the company has said will be arriving by the end of the year. These lump sum payouts are to Baxter's benefit as well as our own. I hope people took advantage of the IIP program Baxter had/has while they worked there. I have that money invested as well. I will never put down Baxter, that company was very good to me and now it's being good to me again 19 years after I've left.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and I wish everyone a healthy and prosperous new year. Baxter just helped a lot of people with the prosperous part
Well said! We all have are own reasons why we Took the lump sum! Heck since August when I first received the letter that said the packet would come in early Septemer.......and it had to be in by November 16th.......It was never clear when the payout was but they led you to believe it would be the beginning of December! I am not in need for it for myself at this time and will reinvest 3/4 of it but it gave me the chance to pay for my granddaughters tuition for school for the rest of the year being as her parents just divorced and money is tight for them at this time and I want her to carry on her education, the way it was planned. Hmmmmm I just was hoping it would make a great Christmas present! Still hoping here in Wisconsin!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Let me sum this up...

u know, i worked at baxters for 23 years and i saw things that made me ashamed of the people who ran that place. you taoi about rules yet the oes who frun the whole place ahv no rules other than lie,cheat, steal and hurt others. yet from what your saying thats ok with you... pretty mch shows what kind of adult you are then doensnt it. the things i saw in my 23 years at baxters werent plweasant i can vouch for that. i could even say when went on each time that the fda came around and u want to tlk about hustly fr9om managemenet oin down to everyone esle u sure saw a change, wich shoudnlt have been necessary if things were going they way they should have been. ill tell u waht tu stupid motjhy MF try working for baxter for 23 years, watch the managers and supervisors run aournd with yur wife. and other peoples wives and destry there familiies and then wach baxter talk about how family oreneted they are. all the time knowing that the uper echelon of people there will lie, cheat and destroy your families just so they can get there ro9cks off, i know from expoeriance how that goes so before u open your piece f shit mouth make sure u know whazt u are taolking about, wich appparently you dont have a clue bother. when u do get a clue and would like to be schoooled in real liife let me know. u might possibey even live through it if your an honeset man. but after seeign what you wrote earlier i doubt u are an honest man, not ever sure u are a man truth be told.. your class is lower than the lowliest bum on the lowliest street. u thought u were a bettter class of people yet so so sadly u showed you were lower than the lowest calls persong in the word, that lifelesss bum who is lonely and has noithnig has more classs in his litle finger than u have in your whole pitiful existence. man that has o feel pretty bad actualll
Old 12-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
I do not know who everyone is talking to at the benefit center because every time I call it is always the same thing. You will have your check by the 31st. I asked today if he knew if the checks had been mailed and he said no he had no information on that issue.
Received our check today. Merry Christmas
Old 12-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Anonymous

I received my check on Xmas Eve!! Horray! Be careful because the check is coming from "State Street". At first I thought it was some junk mail but was very happy when I opened it up.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Anonymous

I also received my check on Christmas Eve. Yes, it does look like junk mail because Baxter is not named anywhere on the envelope. Happy New Year!!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Anonymous

Got mine on monday and deposited with local investment company today
Old 12-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Got mine on monday and deposited with local investment company today
Got mine on Monday & like most of us, rolling it over to something I control!
Old 12-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Anonymous

Am I reading some of these threads correctly that some of you are cashing in your pension lump sum benefit? I clearly see taking the lump sum vs annuity...as I did myself, but am wondering why you would take the cash directly paid to you, rather than depositing it into your IRA account etc.?
Aren't you exposing yourself to current tax liabilities plus huge penalties?
Old 12-27-2012, 07:52 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Am I reading some of these threads correctly that some of you are cashing in your pension lump sum benefit? I clearly see taking the lump sum vs annuity...as I did myself, but am wondering why you would take the cash directly paid to you, rather than depositing it into your IRA account etc.?
Aren't you exposing yourself to current tax liabilities plus huge penalties?
As long as you roll it over within 60 days, you are fine.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:55 AM
Anonymous

Rant Re: Baxter Special Lump Sum Pension Payment

Quote:
Got mine on Monday & like most of us, rolling it over to something I control!
Am I the only one still waiting? Got my confirmation letter long time ago. Maybe they ran out of money (HA HA)
Old 12-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Anonymous

No you're not alone, I too haven't received my check. I'm in California so maybe it takes longer to get to the West Coast.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:41 AM
Anonymous

Banghead Re: Baxter Special Lump Sum Pension Payment

Quote:
No you're not alone, I too haven't received my check. I'm in California so maybe it takes longer to get to the West Coast.
Is it possible that it will be direct deposited? I did send them a form authorizing this and they may be waiting till the very last minute to squeeze out every cent of interest (pretty cheap)? If it doesn't come to whom in the federal government do I complain? They may give an answer like "Well it got lost in the mail" to which I respond cut another one sent Federal Express!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:04 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
Just reread my letter and it says payment to be made BY DECEMBER 31,2012. Its now December 31, 2012!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Just reread my letter and it says payment to be made BY DECEMBER 31,2012. Its now December 31, 2012!!!
So stop posting on this thread and call the 1-800 # tomorrow- Jan 2. Stop being a cry baby and find out what happened to your check....Plain & Simple...!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Anonymous

Well the 800 number is no longer open so I called the number the recorded message gave out. I was told that checks were mailed on 12/26 and I have to wait until Jan. 7th to request a replacement. So even though I didn't actually receive the money in 2012 because I requested it in 2012 it will be part of that tax year.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Anonymous

Question Re: Baxter Special Lump Sum Pension Payment

This is typical Baxter.

I simply want to roll over my lump sum into my Baxter IIP. They sent me my lump sum check and did not make it payable to State street bank. This means the check is no good and I cannot deposit it into my IIP.

I tried calling the lump sum number and it was no longer in service.
Decided to contact the pension group at Baxter and they had no idea what to do with the check. They told me to get back to them in a week and they will research the problem.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:38 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
This is typical Baxter.

I simply want to roll over my lump sum into my Baxter IIP. They sent me my lump sum check and did not make it payable to State street bank. This means the check is no good and I cannot deposit it into my IIP.

I tried calling the lump sum number and it was no longer in service.
Decided to contact the pension group at Baxter and they had no idea what to do with the check. They told me to get back to them in a week and they will research the problem.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Be very careful and DON'T trust what they say, only what they do. I received a confirmation letter in October that I would get it by the end of the year. End of year came and went- no check. So I called and insisted on talking to a manager. He FINALLY said check was cancelled in middle of month!!! Really messed up my budget!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Anonymous

Question Re: Baxter Special Lump Sum Pension Payment

Has anyone received the lump sum pension payment check that is NOT payable to there 401k? I received the check but cannot roll it into my 401K because Baxter put the incorrect name of my 401K company on the check.

Any advice? I called the lump sum number and it is out of service. Who do I call now? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
Has anyone received the lump sum pension payment check that is NOT payable to there 401k? I received the check but cannot roll it into my 401K because Baxter put the incorrect name of my 401K company on the check.

Any advice? I called the lump sum number and it is out of service. Who do I call now? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Let me see, wht not call Baxter in Chicago & speak to HR. Was that sooooo difficult!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Anonymous

HR is not the department to call. Go back to golfing because we all know you don't work
and never sell.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
HR is not the department to call. Go back to golfing because we all know you don't work
and never sell.
Hey Mr Idiot #2.....Baxter HR will give you the 800 for the Baxter Pension/Saving Plan # who then can give you the correct # for the Lump Sum Payment People....Not worth it to fight.

Baxter Pension / Saving Plan Hotline - 877-229-4748

and for the record I was a top sales representative who went on quite a few incentive trips who left Baxter recently because of the Micromanagement, Crappy Senior Management and no pipeline. Working for a competitor who knows what they are doing.

Didn't you hear......Baxter Medical Products just had a major re-org this week because of the shitty 2012 they had. 2013 doesn't look any brighter!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Anonymous

Wink Re: Baxter Special Lump Sum Pension Payment

sorry. thanks for the pension number.
Did you work in Med del?
Old 01-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Anonymous

Quote:
sorry. thanks for the pension number.
Did you work in Med del?
Yes...love the products, the people, the customer, but hated middle & senior management.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Anonymous

Exclamation Re: Baxter Special Lump Sum Pension Payment

unfortunately there is a big problem with med del upper management and has been for years.
This is why talented rep's leave Med Del for better management.
Good luck with your new company.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:49 AM
Anonymous

Quote:
unfortunately there is a big problem with med del upper management and has been for years.
This is why talented rep's leave Med Del for better management.
Good luck with your new company.
The group is called Medical Products now and they just had a re-org( lay-offs) last week.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Anonymous

WHAT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS!!

IF YOU POSTED "WHEN" or "WHY" SOMEWHERE IN THIS THREAD YOU ARE AN IDIOT! IF YOU SPEND A NICKLE OF THIS AND YOU ARE NOT RETIRED, YOU ARE AN IDIOT'S IDIOT!!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Anonymous

Exclamation Re: Baxter Special Lump Sum Pension Payment

nobody got fired. So why are we talking about a re-org?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: