How's Maquet?

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, May 19, 2008 at 7:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For those of you that made the switch to Maquet and are still there (or recently left), can you give any feedback? Is culture better, worse, same? Upper Management? Heard the Pres of Sales is a douche. True?

Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking for the former BSC cardiac- former Guidant cardiac surgery side, Management is mixed; some really good guys with serious background on the east coast and a real lightweight in the PNW. Promoting a lot of people lately into the middle mgmt ranks which is a step (futher) into micromanagement hell. Morale is really low, incomes have dropped, competition is increased and the thought of cardiac device reps selling commodity cannulas is just depressing. Top people are leaving or in the process. Any other thoughts?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Transition into a new company is always a challenge, the people that stayed are facing the storms and surviving.
    Morale is improving, house is being cleaned out, still a few individuals remaining who cant contribute positively and are undermining new talent, that need to be let go.
    People were promoted by previous management, who had no tenure, skills or experience for that matter!
    There are no signs of micro management.
    The VP of sales doing an outstanding job retaining, motivating sales force and encouraging out of the box thinking. He is the voice of reason and logic.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you say "Kool Aid"?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management is mixed in my opinion. Some are really good and othersare not. Is it different anywhere else? Morale is high from what I see; my income has gone up and the new products will add more money in my pocket.
    Selling cannulas? For me it's about selling more products and having more in my bag.
    You want to talk about low morale? I am glad I did not stay with the company that owned us. Incomes are dropping; new products are not being launched and territories are being split. You kidding?
    I am drinking the Kool aid

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have very mixed feelings about the new company. I am very sad to see so many good people leaving the company but am happy that all my favorites have stayed...so far. I believe the morale is low, but not too low. My income has stayed the same and my work load has greatly increased. I am very upset about this. Its as though I am being taken advantage of in a way. If only people could see and appreciate what not just myself but everyone does in the company, i believe morale with everyone will go up. I think there there is not enough recognition, especially with the "other" employees, not just the salary positions.

Also, i think that there should be a Kool Aid machine on site

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kool Aid? Your NUTS! Get the hell out of there NOW! The ship is nearly to the bottem!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The glass can be either half empty or half full. I see it half full. Management has made every attempt possible to keep me whole in my compensation, I will have new products to sell and for the first time in my eight years selling medical products, we have a cohesive management team that understands the business.
    Nothing is perfect but considering what I left behind at Boston, I am happy to be here.
    I like Kool Aid! Cherry please

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you gay? You sound like it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The management may be cohesive, whatever that is supposed to me to me as a salesperson, but knowledgeable about the business? The President and VP have never sold cardiac surgery devices. They don't realize it either, but selling to a Cardiac Surgeon is NOT the same as selling to Cardiologists. Our customers keep being promised change, as have we salespeople- it hasn't happened. We still do not have any real new products for the cardiac surgeon. They really could care less about cannulas and minor changes to EVH products. We are losing more and more business to Terumo and our management tells us not to lose it, but can't help stop the conversions as many of them don't understand the business. Several of the regional managers are good, former reps, but the company doesn't give them tools to become good managers. Others were terrible reps and are hiding in management. Good people have disappeared without a trace and I have recently heard some bizarre stories about some other situations in which people were terminated. The net is that morale is low, but you can't afford to show it as the climate is so strange. I am looking, as are most of the experienced cardiac SURGERY reps, and will leave for the first decent job.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BOO-HOO...down with WHITEY, up with EQUALITY !!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like you are looking but no one is taking. What no one hiring talented, good looking has beens?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh I get it! And Nicky, Maria, Lisa and Ranzau sold cardiac products before. Negative! The problem is not who the president is or is not. The problem is the lack of vision in having products that are new and different. You want to blame someone? Check it out R&D sounds like the place to start. Or maybe Boston Scientific not allowing for investment in the business. As for looking for a new job, it looks like no one is hiring you. Otherwise you would have left already.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just found this site for the first time today, and this is so interesting! Does anyone even realize that Maquet has not been part of Boston for over 7 months? I would blame Boston for a lot of things, but our current situation as a hang-over from the Boston days is getting to be old news. We heard how all of these great innovations were being dusted off the shelves and huge money was being spent by Getinge on cardiac. It seems to be all about profusion.
    Speaking of innovation though, the reason I found this site was a search for Terumo. I was wondering why my Terumo rep/clinical (former PA) knew all about the R &D projects we are working even though I have only recently heard of some of them. My buddy from St. Jude was talking to him and he said he had the information straight from a rep, clinical or manager from San Francisco. Was wondering if someone from S.F. was out looking for a job and told all during an interview!! I asked if they could have been from San Jose- the corporate office, or Los Angeles, but he said specifically San Francisco itself. Is there an opening for Terumo in S.F.??

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im ready to get the F outta here. Im feeling held back. Time to go!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How's your comp package? I had been by the recruiter to expect $220-240k? I ran through the numbers and based upon this territory it doesn't look remotely possible. Friends have told me some of the east coast territories and old timers have territories three times the size of this one- so maybe you do better the longer you stay???
    It's weird, the cardiac surgeons in the area like the products, but I am just getting strange vibes from my interviews. The surgeons don't know much about the clinical or manager so I can't get a read on them from that direction either. Does anyone really like their jobs at Maquet? Is there a specific reason you are ready to get out? Is there any upside coming down the road to change things?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go already. Go back to Boston where you will be loved and cared for. Go already.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want to work for a top ranked Cardiac/Cardiovascular surgery company then continue with the interview. The people who work for this company are great. Company moral is very high and they just acquired another company (Datascope). MAQUET is a true leader in cardiac/cardiovascular surgery sales! If this is not what you want then find another company.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[Do you think they will keep the Datascope people (reps and mgrs) or get rid of everyone and fold it in to Macquet?? Selling Balloon Pumps is not like selling EVH. Much longer sales cycle.........Curious?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you can't beat them, "buy or sue them", should be Maquet's motto. Terumo is kicking EVH butt so Maquet/Guidant sues them rather than coming out with new or significant improvements. Datascope has some market share with some loyal users, so Maquet/Guidant buys them.

Everyone in the market would rather see Maquet/Guidant go back to bringing innovation and quality to the market than see them being made into another Medtronic or the cardiac version of Covidien. It is frightening for the reps and the customer to see this transformation. The service levels for EVH and Beating Heart products will go (further) down and/or new divisions will be formed to handle all of the products Getinge wants to put in the cardiac surgery bag. Incomes will be brought into line with similiar positions at the other big bag disposable product companies.

These trends are NOT conducive to high morale as management would like to suggest!