Vacation time paid when resigning?

Discussion in 'Rotech' started by Anonymous, Mar 17, 2015 at 10:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the accrued vacation that we dont use paid to us whenever we resign??

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NOPE

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really do hope you're kidding. I have well over 40 hours.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking from experience, and there are tons who can support this here, the answer is seriously no atleast few years ago when I left.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Floating holiday definitely not. Check with HR about PTO. If giving a notice, take some of that time as PTO.

Hindsight is 20/20 but the smart thing to do is take all of your accrued time and then give notice. I realize this is not always possible.

Good luck in your new endeavor.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It could actually depend on state law so the person really needs to research it based on their state not just Rotech. I am sure Rotech just follows the state law for whatever state the location resides in and acts accordingly.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you never noticed how your fellow workers burn it up as quick as they get it?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Make sure you use up your PTO before you give your 2 week notice. If not, you'll lose it.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there any openings in Orlando?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you opposed to rubbing feet?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The law states any accrued vacation time must be paid upon leaving a job. This is federal not state

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true. governed by state law only for private sector

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vacation time is not paid out when you resign. Each state is different, but most don't require it be paid. Use or lose and I believe you will lose. Should have thought it thru before you gave notice, if you did

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just let this lowlife company have it,the important thing is to just get out of this currupt shitshow,everyday it gets worse and worse,i think theses scumbags in orlando stay up all night thinking up ways to make it worse......you could have fire jetting out of your ass and you still wouldnt be fast enough for theses losers....what we should do is pick a day and all just not come in.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

one more thing Pig,why dont you come see how fast you can get this bucket of rust going...youve got some fricking nerve punk.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

vacation time or pto once earned belongs to employee and must be paid when terminated or person leaves job. That is why Fed government is looking to tax it whether paid or not and it does fall ubder federal wage rule so it is not just state. Also part of fmla which is also federal

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well find out the hard way than,seems like you dont understand what no means.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. No one that I know in the last 10 yrs has gotten it.