Leigh Conners

Discussion in 'Abbott Vascular' started by Anonymous, Feb 20, 2015 at 11:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thoughts?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Worst RM at Abbott Vascular
    Heads down

Not even a close race for this one

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh oh...will these posts be Jami Miller 2.0?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leigh is great! Stop attacking people on these boards. Would you like it if someone called you out for being a shit head online, with no way for anyone to vet if you are qualified in anyway. I work at Abbott and Leigh is kicking ass.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If losing her whole team is kicking ass then she sure is kicking ass
    Clueless manager
    Only reason she was hired is because she's a female
    I too work at Abbott
    And that's a fact as far as her hiring

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just in case you missed this... One wrong, two wrongs, three wrongs... Just how many "wrongs" does it take to make a "right"? How long should it last? At what cost? Who is measuring the cost? Who pays the cost? I'll answer the last one... everyone pays (but some are paying way more than others).

I have not had direct involvement with either of the named employees and no opinion on their individual competencies. Just another director with one hand tied behind my back... and this makes it hard on everyone (employees, stockholders, medical professionals, and yes patients). Are we so blind that we don't see what are we are doing? Is it guilt, resentment, entitlement, or ignorance? I am sure it is a combination of all this and more. Time to truly shift the focus to values, results, and accountability.
    ..............................................................................................................................

Quote: Okay... I know I'm chiming in late on this but felt it needed to be addressed. I am retired Abbott, three decades, multiple divisions, field sales to director level. Yes I am a white male. I was very fortunate to have had the opportunities I did with this company and appreciate the experiences and the compensation... and pension. Many, many great people. Many great managers and executives... both male and female... both majority and minority.

I do believe it is wrong that this topic is not openly discussed and transparent. There are good reasons for the policies but the total impact should not be dismissed. Every Abbot employee should know that most Director level and all executive level employees carry diversity quotas as part of their APEX goals. I was surprised to learn many long time Abbott employees didn't even know the basics regarding APEX goals. I overheard one Sr. Director dismiss a question by saying ... "I don't participate in profit sharing so this is what I get." So misleading and disingenuous. Bottom line is every APEX goal matrix I have had and observed from others had a diversity component... so... you should know that these high level managers will jeopardize significant money (yes significant... as in 5 figures or more) if they do not achieve or maintain a specific diversity ratio across grade levels. Therefore this does impact hiring decisions and the timing of filling positions (often at the distress of other workers).

Also it should be added that there are social and significant financial (tax) benefits that contribute to overall company profitability at play here... and isn't that what it is all about?

In the spirit of transparency... please add additional details or updates if you can.

.............................................................................................................................

The previous post is very true. Abbott has initiatives in place to promote and/or hire minorities and females, at almost any cost. The process is so backwards, as a lot of positions haven't been filled due to the "numbers" of enough minority/females field personnel. What about the novel concept of hiring the most qualified candidate?

Regarding Jami Miller, I'm truly speechless that she is a Director at Abbott.

All I can say, is its very painful working for Endo right now. I pray things will change, but with the current aforementioned 3 ring circus, I'm not holding my breath. If not for the pension, I'd have left last year.

The previous post is very true. Abbott has initiatives in place to promote and/or hire minorities and females, at almost any cost. The process is so backwards, as a lot of positions haven't been filled due to the "numbers" of enough minority/females field personnel. What about the novel concept of hiring the most qualified candidate?

Regarding Jami Miller, I'm truly speechless that she is a Director at Abbott.

All I can say, is its very painful working for Endo right now. I pray things will change, but with the current aforementioned 3 ring circus, I'm not holding my breath. If not for the pension, I'd have left last year.