Terumo Interventional

Discussion in 'Terumo Medical Corporation' started by Anonymous, Apr 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couple questions on Intervential-

Was told $195k is average, is that accurate and/or realistic? What are the top reps making?

What is the culture and management like?

Thanks to anyone who gives a reasonable response.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wrong. top reps make $150k. you putz.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a putz and if top reps make $150k, you probably make $90k.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been contacted also...told comp at plan was 170k...is this realistic?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For as big a company as this is, there really isn't too much griping on these boards. Is this a good place to be? Company back their salesforce?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great products but chronic backorder of key products. Support organization is weak and inadequate. Management has some (very few) highly talented but most are just bean counting micromanagers. Like to save their way to profitability with little investment

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You may be confusing a different division of Terumo with Terumo Interventional Systems (TIS). TIS, has experienced very limited if any backorders in the past. "save their way to profitability with little investment" also sounds like another division, TIS has consistently rolled out new products each year and added the Urology division, taking the Glidewire and Onset products from Boston Sci.

At plan for year one is about 185-190k. Top rep made about 290k-300k and the worst rep in the company probably made 150k.

VP and Pres are solid, a lot of very quality regional managers and good culture with most of the TM's being very helpful to share knowledge and help eachother out. Great endovascular experience calling on cath lab, interventional radiology and OR.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

looking to leave cap OR sales and considering vascular. Any words of wisdom?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rep in Detroit says he is #1 and makes 400K.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've heard good things about this division. Who is the VP of Sales?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top rep is not making 400K. All depends on % to plan. Unless rep is over 125% for the year the top rep is making 275-290. 175-195 is very realistic.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Place is a disaster. Expect a 15-20% growth number every year on 3-4 million dollar territories with no big ticket items to sell. Exception being the coils which most hospitals wont let in the doors due to cost. Ask about their QBR process, micro management at its worst. LARGE amount of turnover. Most good reps figure out what is going on after 6 months and bail. Couple of solid managers but are grossly over shadowed by a larger number of complete and total morons. There products are solid though, only bad thing is they are 2-3 times the amount of the competitors who are now releasing extremely comparable items. Comp plan is set to keep everyone close.. 95% of the sales force can expect to make between 150-165K. This will protect people on a bad year but limit those having a good year..generally speaking if you make 225 K you have crushed your number...oh and by the way have fun selling a SFA stent when it comes out... And your 6th to market.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Somebody has an ax to grind. Nobody at Terumo has a 20% growth #, a high percentage of reps make plan and yes, TIS averages 15% growth, thats a good thing compared to other endo companies flatlining. Coils are pricey, but a lot of reps also sell them effectively every year, I'm guessing you couldn't cut it?
    QBR is good in theory, but it is a joke no question. 95% of the sales force makes much closer to 190k, with 20% of the reps making 200k+. SFA stent will suck, but it's the first step into the stent/balloon world, not looking forward to it.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heehee, yes. You can make up to ONE. MILLION. DOLLARS. !

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's the truth right there.

Doubt it will be 15% growth this year and with recent expansion the #'s will be much more manageable.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard cook is pushing hard into Trans radial...could really hurt Terumo.

Are the detachable coils any better than the dozen other coils?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Terumo Interventional- market share?

Does anyone know how much market share TIS has in the Philadelphia market?
    I'd also like to know about the new Cook coils, if anyone thinks they might take away some of the TIS business? Thank you!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who is overseeing the northeast now that Dan was promoted? did they bring in someone from corporate?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I appreciate any feedback on an expansion territory that isn't in a major city. Is it reasonable to think that not being in a major market is not as profitable as being in a more populated metro market. Or is the comp plan set up where growth is all that matters. Being quoted at 190k. Any other feedback on the company culture, benefits and pipeline would be appreciated too. Happy hunting.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spine or Terumo is the question I have for this board. Currently have an opportunity in Spine and that is a field I have already been selling in. Terumo on the other hand intrigues me. It seems like a very good culture and the products are respected. Spine is going through major price capitation and the days of making $300k are far and few between. Not to mention lifestyle is not the greatest. Would anyone on here have any insight? Do you think a TIS job would be a better all around job then selling Spine? Thank you in advance.