Parallon DHP Credentialing worse than Reptrax

Discussion in 'Medical Equipment/Device Sales - Credentialing' started by Anonymous, May 6, 2014 at 9:34 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you thought Reptrax was bad, wait till you try to work with HCA facilities that get there supplies through the Parallon system. Out of all the credentialing companies that I belong to and have been approved by this one is by far the worst. They are wanting info that has nothing to do with anything. They want a history of the companies you previously worked for with all their contact info. When a past company would not respond to them, they decided they needed my 1040 tax statements. They just feel that they have a right to it!!

They want a job description, but not from me, must come from an HR manager! Why? They would not accept the TB form that was ok with all the other credentialing. Ok, back to the doctor... They want a current drug test, fine I am out for a drug test... no one else asked for this, but ok. The background check that my company did through ADP was not enough, they must do their own... Why? You don't trust ADP? Would not accept my HIPAA training document, fine I will do it all over again. I feel they are violating my HIPAA rights but they truly don't care.... This has been the biggest time waster as they do more background on us than they do for the people that work for them. Just an absolutely horrible company that I had to pay.

Their DHP website is also the worst of all the credential services. Links do not work and things that are updated are still shown as out of compliance. I hate this company

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe Parallon is owned by HCA.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should be very careful about releasing information to Parallon DHP/HCA and all credentialing companies. Parallon/HCA is a BUSINESS - they created their own arbitrary credentialing requirements and system SOLELY TO PROFIT FROM IT (they will disguise it as a value-added service to the HCA members and sell it as that, but really it's another profit model). They've only been around since 2011 and they frequently (and appears, haphazardly) change their requirements.

Ask them why they specifically need a certain piece of information - ask them to cite to a US Dept. of Health & Human Services Code of Federal Regulation and/or HIPAA requirement that: 1) allows them to collect the information; 2) allows them to retain it; 3) what their policies are to protect and encrypt it (legally required in many states); 4) why they won't accept your information that is recognized by other (established) companies.

You stated you were asked to provide your detailed employment history, tax returns, drug test, background check, and more. Who is handling this information at Parallon? What privacy measures and employee training do the people that handle this information go through? What is Parallon's policy on retaining your personal health, employment and financial information? Do they keep it for 1 year? 5 years? 10 years? Longer? Then what do they do with it? Do they have a secure document retention and destruction policy? How is it locked up in their offices? Do employees take the information offsite in a laptop? Have they had any loss of data or potential data thefts since 2011?

Not trying to freak you out, but unfortunately identify theft is a rapidly growing, grave concern. There is a black market where people sell and buy all of this information. If you shared all of that, it would mean Parallon has your legal name, address, birth date, social security number, tax returns, employment history, background check, a blood, urine or hair sample, and, I'm guessing, a picture of you on file. You are giving up a LOT of your personal civil liberties by providing this information to ONE SINGLE COMPANY. I would protect it with my life and make damned sure the person/people/company on the receiving end were doing the same.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biggest MONEY scam out there!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was asked to fill out this "credentialing form" last year and declined. When I read the form, I was shocked at the level of information being requested. This included not only specific work history with numerous questions but also my social security number. I asked my lawyer for an opinion and he informed me they can ask what ever they want. Only government agencies are restricted from using social security numbers (with the exception of the IRS) as identifiers and there is no law against private companies requesting or requiring this information.

I called the company in Florida to ask why they needed a social security number and they responded that it was required to do a full background check and that their subcontractor required it. I called the subcontractor (I have forgotten the name) in South Carolina and they assured me my information was "totally secure" and that this number was only used as a record identifier. I then asked if I could provide a separate unique identifier (my deceased Grandfather's ss number) and they responded "no" as you won't pass the background check. I informed them that only a driver's license number was needed for a background check as this was used by all law enforcement agencies. They again said "no, we need your social security number". I requested a copy of their privacy policy which they refused to provide me claiming that was between them and Parrallon.

I informed the doctor of all of this and told him I would not be getting credentialed for HCA facilities. He walked me down to the hospital administrators office and asked me to tell the administrator what I had told him. I repeated the story and told the administrator that my social security number is private and is only used for reporting taxes and establishing credit.
    The administrator told me I must comply or not be allowed into the facility. I informed the administrator that his company did not pass my background check because it showed that their character did not meet my standards for business relationships. The doctor laughed and said, don't worry, I'll move the cases for your products to a different facility (which he has).

The bottom line is: this subcontractor company is South Carolina is building a database of your most personal information and work details so they can data mine and sell it as a service. Fortunately, I'm in a position to pass on being credentialed at HCA facilities. It's one thing to do a criminal background check, it's quite another to use this "credentialing process" as a cover for building a database for profit.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where on there questionnaire Ect does it say YOUR UNDER OATH TO TELL THE TRUTH?
    What is the penalty for omitting or manufacturing info for them?
    When your personal info gets compromised and you get damaged by Parallon's miss handling of your private secured info, who do you sue for damages?

Is Parallon liable for damages to you because of a bogus background report that results in you losing a $500,000.00 a year account?
    How bout a class action lawsuit?

Sooner or later, I believe one of these rep credential agencies is going to catch a class action lawsuit. It's just a matter of time because they are too intrusive and wield too much control over trade.

Why don't we all (reps) start a not for profit entity that will hire a law firm to represent and protect our rights? $25.00 from most all medical sales reps in the US will buy quit a cause of action?

Today is a good day to start!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We will just call it "Get Lawyered Up."

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed they are the worst! Can't even find the website at the moment, so that I can log in!!! Takes months to CompletE process and then weeks to add each new hospital!! And so much BS

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree these people are morons..

They asked for my finger prints thats when i told them to
    pound sand !!!!!!!!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All valid points about Parallon. They are the absolute worst. I'm curious how long it took to get credentialed with them once you submitted all of your documentation. For me, it took 8 months. Everytime I was "good to go" they came back with some new BS requirement. Ridiculous. I hate these bastards.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6 months for me...after being bounced to 3 different people who would respond to emails once a week

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the biggest money grab I have ever seen. I was credentialed as a "Tier 1" rep, as I only go into the oncology owned practices of HCA, not even into the damn hospitals. Someone decided I needed to be a "Tier 2" rep after a few months, which surprisingly creates more money ($100 over and above the $200+ the Tier 1) for Parallon/HCA. And about 3 months worth of lost appointments, headaches, and total BS that I had to go through. I refused to give Parallon my personal information and had to fight with my company to do further background checks. And the 5 panel drug screen my very large company requires for employment was not good enough for Parallon, I had to pay for a new 9 panel drug screen. My company's HR department was floored at the level of sensitive information being requested by this sham operation. As soon as I get cleared as a Tier 2, I'm sure Parallon will ask me to re-credential for more. I still can't log in, and I still can't get into my accounts.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You may like to know that Parallon, a wholly owned subsidiary of HCA, likely the most corrupt healthcare corporation in the history of the US, used to steal billions of tax dollars by Rick Scott, the current governor of Florida, pilfered for at least $6B by Mitt Romney and pals by Bain Capital (Romney's company); does the same inane, off-point, intrusive "credentialling" of staff physicians. And couched in the most bureaucrateze, obtuse language I have ever read.

That people; physicians, reps, nurses, others; put up with this Orwellian Fascist garbage from a corporate pirate, spells doom for America and American healthcare as we know it. Either revolt en masse or knuckle under to your masters.

Good luck. you're going to need it.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New study going on showing temp vendor sticker badges can cause infection in the OR. Badges have been shown to carry large amounts of bacteria after a full day in OR.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm hope not, then they would probably force us to get chips implanted in our arms....

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i spent nearly 6 months trying to get credentialed in parallon. As everyone else has already stated, it was a continual nightmare of "oh, now we need this, now we need that, we require further background check, etc etc." Finally I just said fuck it and thankfully I only have 2 hca accounts in my territory with lots of other business to still grow.

I had a few nurses come up to me at a local trade show wanting me to bring in a few new devices and products to their hca, I explained the complete nightmare and hell its been to get credentialed and that it's doubtful I'll ever be in.

Total fucking con game.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will a DUI prevent me from getting my parallon credential.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a former employee, having a DUI will not prevent you from becoming compliant. Yes going through the credentialing process is a huge headache, especially with the different requirements from each hospital/ division.
    Parallon is a subsidiary of HCA, they made the department as an additional revenue source - and it banks. I would think there is a conflict of interest? but hey, HCA was only found for the largest fraud case in US history, Relax, don't worry, the department is run by 20 year olds... JAJJAJA. Yes we store all your information digitally - everything sent in included those W2 forms that we need for 'employment verification' ...

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HCA is a for profit group and Parallon is another opportunity to increase profit. A materials manager at a HCA facility laughed and told me "if you had a cure for cancer my only question would be are you on contract." Money first, patients are far down the list.

New technologies are not allowed since not on contract. Money is the focus.