No compete policy and two weeks notice

Discussion in 'Lincare' started by Anonymous, May 13, 2014 at 1:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you quit can you go to a competitor? Is there a no compete clause ? What happens when you put in your two weeks notice ?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

after giving your two weeks you will be asked to leave and never return, happy days!!
    Yes you have a very weak non com which they will threaten to enforce a, but ultimately will do nothing about, send you few letters and cheat beating but they will give up and move on with the a new rep.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sorry about the typos:)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are basic non competes. Like yours.

Then their are restrictive covenants that are generally offered to "better talent" or better reps acquired through acquisition as a term of continued employment.

Covenants are very hard to fight and expect to pay 10K to get out of it.

Your non compete is garbage. Its not reasonable in scale or scope. In addition to this lincare has not enforced basic non competes many many many many times. Which also means they cant selectively enforce yours.

They will send you a brown pants letter threatening legal action (I.e. meant to make you s**t your pants). Thats as far as they'll go.

Also think about this. If they cut supply orders down in an attempt to save $200 here and there. Do you really think they will spend 10 grand or more to fight you in court?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Historically, I have only seen them legally pursue it in situations where people were leaving to start their own company and began actively recruiting existing Lincare pts to switch to their company. If you just quote to go to a competitor, they most likely won't even bother other than the brown pants letter.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My lazy Slr better dust off his resume. HR is in town! Too bad you signed that non compete!?