Layoffs

Discussion in 'Medline' started by Anonymous, Oct 22, 2014 at 3:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear a lot about that for Medline as of late. I thought they were immune to this?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be thinking of Cardinal.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah they are absolute shit and a hell hole, but I know some tenured reps were RIF'd at Medline. Wondering if any company in Healthcare is immune any more. Tired of looking over my shoulder need a new career path other than this market.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sometimes a RIF is an excuse to get rid of a rep that is more trouble than they are worth. They might be difficult to deal with, but it would be tough to terminate if they are in a protected class, so it's done under the guise of a RIF.
    Maybe they lost business in their area, or had too many customer complaints. Not sure.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some that have been RIFF'ed have never missed a quota, are extremely profitable and well respected. No reason is given other than their positioned has been eliminated. I have also seen reps who have been in their territories for YEARS suddenly be given expansion territories. What kind bullshit is that? These aren't terrible reps either. These are award winning reps that have brought 10's of millions of dollars to this company.

It looks like we have way too many Cardinal rejects at corporate and they are pulling the same shit here that they did there.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the Cardinal rejects comment. It's true, you could have a great rep, but if they don't get along with their manager, or their bosses boss even, they could be targeted for a RIFF. Not saying it's fair, it's the truth though.