Earnings Call

Discussion in 'The Medicines Company' started by Anonymous, Oct 24, 2014 at 8:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I found some things quite telling from Clive's discussions on the earnings call this week that are concerning. With the first sign of sales decline following the negative publication on Angiomax in the UK they wasted no time in downsizing the field force there.

And secondly Clive seemed all too willing to answer the question regarding M & A and consolidation. When asked if they are open to approaches to approaches by potential acquirers. " Our website is well known, it has our main headquarters number on it and we are as open as we could possibly be to any phone call from anybody anytime, just make sure it's a highly valuable offering"

If you listen to the archived call it starts at the 01:12:20 mark. My guess is that Shire has it's sights on our company, especially now that the Abbvie deal is off and they received a hefty $ 1.6 billion breakup fee. Our stock price makes us especially vulnerable given it's nearly half of what it was.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If we do get purchased it will fetch at least $31 per share valuing the sale at $2.1 billion IMHO. A fair price considering the looming Hospira litigation around our '727 and '343 patents could result in us losing 80% of current revenues. If the appeal is unsuccessful then Orbactiv will be the primary driver of valuation. Considering that oritavancin only cost $42 million to purchase from Targanta plus development costs and we didn't have to pay any of the $25 million in milestone payments to Targanta, any offer north of $2 billion will likely not be ignored.

If an acquirers primary interest is for oritavancin, then a less expensive alternative for acquisition may be Cellceutix (CTIX). It announced this week that in it's Phase IIb trial of Brilacidin that a single dose of Brilacidin was comparable in terms of efficacy to 7 days of daptomycin. With a market cap of under $400 million, CTIX could be a more attractive acquisition target. Again, not bashing anyone. Just an opinion.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong, Clive would never sell out for anything less that $100 a share. We will win the patent lawsuit and Orbactiv will change the healthcare landscape on its way to blockbuster status. $50 - $60 million in 2015 for Orbactiv and steeply upward from there, We rock!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some advice please, and please no cheap shots. I'm at Durata and I'm putting my resume together for obvious reasons. I have only been there 3 months and came from another company in the MRSA market. Would you leave Durata off of the resume and leave the gap in employment or is it best to include it in there? I never updated my linked in profile and I noticed many of you as well as others at Durata have not done so either. Is that why and should I follow suit? Thanks for the replies

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why leave it off? You did nothing wrong.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't leave it off, if a future employer finds out you misrepresented your employment history you will lose your job.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't leave it off, you are better off showing that you worked than a gap in employment. Just tell the truth in an interview

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IMO the street is not going to respond favorably to the Q4 earnings call in late January, when we have to disclose our shitty Orbactiv sales launch. Pressure will be unbearable in just a few months.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is already unbearable!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

true dat', i'm gonna milk my guaranteed bonus then I'm outta here

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Things are getting tense around here, I can see it on my managers face. Clive is about to make an example of someone to send a message soon. Which manager do you think will be the first to go?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay I'll play along to get the ball rolling. Brent

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IMO Brad Levari

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DITTO!!!!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The earnings call tomorrow should be be interesting, I can't wait to hear the analyst responses to the Orbactiv sales or should I say lack of Orbactiv sales.

Please join me for the call. The dial-in information is listed below:

Domestic Dial In: + 1 (888) 201-7255

Clive

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Q3 combined sales of Argatroban RTU, Cleviprex, Minocin injection and PreveLeak surgical sealant amounted to $4.6 million which was up 24.3% from the year ago period.

The Q4 combined sales of Argatroban RTU, Cleviprex® (clevidipine), Minocin® (minocycline) for injection, OrbactivTM and PreveLeakTM recorded sales of $7.2 million during fourth quarter of 2014.

Estimate is that sales of OrbactivTM are less than $2 million for Q4. Worst launch ever.

Going forward we are gearing up sales efforts around Cleviprex. Why no mention of specific sales by product?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No Shit Sherlock! Tell us something we don't know

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's it with all those high paid Cubist posers.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, that's not IT! It isn't over till I say it's over. There's more milk left in this cow and I'm going to drain it. Upper management knows it is going to take years to get things going and they are committed to us. No need for panic yet, just keep telling your boss that antibiotic launches take time and remind them how successful you have been in the past and you will be fine.