Culture at Sorin?

Discussion in 'Sorin' started by Anonymous, Sep 19, 2014 at 11:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any feedback for a new person entering the CRM space? I have training from PrepMD and have been speaking to all the companies. Sorin seems like a place where if you are really good at your job you can make a difference. My big questions are...

1). How is the management team? Any feedback on their availability and track record for promoting their people is appreciated.

2). I think I have a handle on the technology, it seems really strong...but if you have a different opinion I'd love to hear it.

3). Any territory or specific leadership to avoid?

4). Any territory or specific leadership to try and join?

Thanks guys! I know cafe pharma isn't always the best source of information but I am exploring all avenues.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This almost feels like a joke...but in case you are serious....

The only way to make Sorin work is to already have an ironclad relationship with a group of implanters....if PrepMD is all you're bringing to the table...you won't be able to build anything at Sorin.

The first year in CRM is all about building the technical competency in the clinic and the lab that all customers expect from their reps. My first two years was spent covering at least 7 implants a week...I doubt you will find many Sorin territories that can support you like that.

If you had come on here before going to PrepMD, I would have challenged your decision to pursue CRM in general. The glory days of CRM field reps is over. For example, Cedars in LA just signed a "no-service" pricing agreement with MDT within the past few months. The doctors at Cedars agreed to forego having MDT reps involved with the account in any capacity, and in exchange - MDT cut them rock bottom pricing. Instead, Cedars hired an ATI Grad to be their device guy.

This is going to keep happening.

But - now that you're already invested in CRM through PrepMD - you need to be working on making yourself a hybrid rep. Spend 6 months getting your CRM chops up, and then start harping on your manager to get you some EP or Interventional education. The consolidation of these roles is happening, and its because not only does it save headcount for the company, it's being driven by savvy reps who see that being a "one trick pony" is dangerous.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you very much, yeah this is the consensus that I've been getting around the room. It appears that with the exception of a few places Sorin is a difficult place for someone to excel in a new career. I like your idea of the hybrid role, my understanding is that StJ is the only ones doing this right now. That's too bad about Cedars, good for the hospital I guess.

I still think that getting into CRM is not necessarily a bad idea. For people coming from outside of the industry (teachers, students, nurses) it's a fantastic career jump even if it's only for a few years. The experience gained will be invaluable and we can transition into other fields much easier than we could have from our old positions.

I thank you for your honest answer, it's tough to get on here haha!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medtronic has hybrid reps, but in almost every case the rep had a background in ONE of the products, and convinced Big Blue to give the training in the other. Having no background, you would be hard pressed to make the same deal....but....as the field force dwindles....I think you'll find the hybrid role being thrust on to people who really didn't even want it....probably for no more money.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

St Jude is going toward the Hybrid model also. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Sorin begins training their people on Ablations as well, it's in the pipeline right guys!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ablations? Pipeline? What Pipeline? The Euro's don't give a shit about CRM in this country. Look at there last 3 years of market reports and they never mention the US. Down every year since 2011 by a lot.

How these guys keep their jobs is beyond me.

Complete ASS CLOWNS

RUN

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you don't mind me asking, what industry did you come from and why CRM? There are still some guys out there making some coin but killing themselves to do it. Sorin is not the place to start it's a place to do a cash grab and leave but you don't have what they want, relationships that you're willing to wreck.

Join one of the big three and work on your skills. Start with Sorin and your career is over.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Culture at Sorin? There is NO culture at 'Sorin'. Essentially, you are in business for yourself so the culture is what you make of it. You actually have decent products but no and I mean NO support. Nobody to share call with - not that your service burden is all that much. Nobody to cover you if you want to go on vacation.

So, your questions re: culture.

Make it what you want…. 3 day work weeks, 4 day work weeks, get up and out at 10AM, take a 2 hour lunch, call it quits at 3PM. Do what you want. There is nobody to call you on it.