New Biomet Knee - Vanguard XP?

Discussion in 'Biomet Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Apr 16, 2013 at 9:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All distributors will be gone....as well as a lot of Zimmer products...don't think anyone is safe

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just saw a news report in Houston where the doctor stated that he is using the first knee of its kind EVER to be implanted that saves all ligaments including ACL! He is either a poor historian or just wanted to be on TV to help his practice or he believed the Biomet rep. We were implanting this knee in late 70's and early 80's..!!! Someone in the newsroom should do there job and check the facts of there story.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We probably didn't improve it much since then...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Polycentric and Geomedic knee explored this concept years ago. Too conforming, archaic instrumentation and sizing that made gap balancing improbable, if not impossible. This Z rep really hope this new iteration works!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So when is this thing getting pulled? Heard the rev rate is through the roof

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Soon I hope. I love the philosophy of bi cruciate retaining but the application is not permissible yet. Besides how many ACL's are still viable in most arthritic knees?! Not many. In the hands of a select few surgeons XP is doing well provided the cruciates are strong but the 95% of other surgeons will kill the idea of this knee within a year with huge revision rates.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At least 60% of arthritic knees have intact functioning ACLs.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that seems a little high from my experience.....maybe more like 25%

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You probably don't work for Biomet or sell much...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had XP replacement over a year ago. Constant instability sideways (medial and other ligament). Dr said will get stronger. Be patient. Now says ligaments stretched. Need to replace plastic (fake meniscus) as it is too thin. What do you think??

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Find a different surgeon

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a stryker knee put in three years ago. Rehab was hard but I got through the procedure. Last year I went to Baniff n.p. and hiked 8-10 miles every day. Going downhill was hard and at the end of day both knee hurt big time. My other knees is now worn out. I had an MRI and found out that my ACL is in great shape for a 52 year old. My neighbor had the xp knee put in 3 weeks ago and he walking like he's 6 months out. I couldn't believe his recovery. I didn't go back to work for 6 weeks and didn't walk good for 6 months. He doesn't even use a cane. It made me jealous to see how quickly he progressed in just 3 weeks! My surgeon said I should recover faster and have more flexibility in movement on some of my long hikes! I can't wait to get the XP knee! I wish it would have been out 3 years ago!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

intelligence=spelling....'Banff" ??, nice try ?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one on this site gives a F^*k about your knee. Go somewhere else.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had a Vanguard XP knee implant in Dec 2014 and only have 108 degrees flexion after 7 months.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get to work and do your rehab.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Banff is the correct spelling. By your own definition, you are a moron. Oh, and your punctuation sucks too.

18. tdh

tdh Guest

I have no idea what you people are doing, but you people need to act like professionals. You are dealing with peoples lives. I personally HATE Biomet Vanguard knee replacements. I have had 2 total knee replacements, and THREE REVISIONS on each knee. They either loosen or break. If you go to the FORUM " TOPIX " and look for knee replacements, you will find many, many complaints about the Biomet Vanguard Replacements.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't represent Biomet. It does sound like surgeon error. I would never go to that guy/gal again except to pick up your records to go to another practice.--> If their knee replacement was that bad it would be pulled off the market. Loosening usually has to do with bad cement technique. Good luck!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest