Administrative Nightmare

Discussion in 'Bioventus' started by Anonymous, Sep 8, 2014 at 5:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a completely different poster than the one who called the $120K rep a fool.... Having said that I take that person's side here. The point being made is not so much about having the oppty to sell this contraversial OR product, it's the fact that the first product the company aquires has absolutely nothing to do with the existing sales force.

As for lazy $120K rep who lives in a tent but has no debt... You no doubt have pharma experience and that work life is your comfort zone. What's frustrating is the company was once great and the products still are (outside of the "improvements" to Exogen which led to a much less reliable product). If lazy 120K rep is going to attack the veteran reps and accuse them of illegal practices then we comment to them because for most it's not true. We knpow what we are doing and are good at it as long as DOS's and RVP's stay out of our way.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was clear even before BV took over that MA was searching for OR Biologic products. When BV took over they made it clear that this company would be positioned for biologics (sorry, Exogen is not a biologic but provides a biological response; it is clearly a clinic DME product)
    What I mean by that statement, is this should really come as no surprise. They've wanted a biologic for years.

As far as people bashing because of the variance in income they produce or pointing fingers is not cool from either of those posters. Being here for 1-2 years versus 9 years is like comparing a guppy to a whale. Generally, the longer we are here, the more successful we become unless our territory is split or a writer who does high volume moves away. We have learned that the pharma reps do have a hard time adjusting to direct sales of DME but I have seem some really excel. In fact a few of our top reps who have won President's club year after year came from Pharma. It just depends on the person and if they "get it".

Many of us thought when BV was formed they would sell Exogen to a different company (either DME company or one of the big diversified companies like Zimmer or Stryker) However, it doesn't look like they want to let Exogen go because it's such a cash cow and SN is still co-owner. Now, they have their OR biologic and they are pretty excited about it. I have to agree Clinic reps aren't very successful selling in the clinic AND covering OR just like, OR reps aren't successful selling in both areas. Simply because of TIME and it's so completely different.

If you like your job but are concerned about income going down, your not alone. Everyone in healthcare has seen reductions in income and all (including surgeons) have to work harder and smarter if they want to maintain equal income from previous years. Many are diversifying in other income producing ventures to make up for the loss. Whether it be home rentals, investing in a Dunkin Doughnut, etc.

Many sold or still sell the pain creams to supplement income. The creams didn't take time to sell, it was basically relationship sell, give the MA a pad. Many reps/dos's/fitters are still doing it on the low and there are other things. When the witch hunt on creams came to be, it back fired because some of the reps would just go to different specialties and spend a little time away from Ortho/Pod.

BV has diversified, perhaps it's time you do too.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am angry because the promise from this company over the past decade has been a new product in our bag to sell. I'm angry about it for several reasons. It means money and effort will be taken away from our existing products and diverted into a product that will offer us no benefit. Look at the new product and you'll see it sits at the bottom technologically in its marketplace. Other products offer more clinical and financial benefit. All I see is corporate diverting its attention and money away from exogen and supartz to grow a different group.
    There was a time when you had to have OR experience to work here, now you don't even need to have any medical sales experience. Hiring this lower quality of skillsets locks the existing sales force out of opportunities. You're right, we can't do OR products because we now hire those lacking the mentality or tenacity. That is why so many of us are angry about those happy to make it to 120k a year. This isn't a job where you should just be happy to be here. You should angry that we now hire those who force your company to reduce its field of possibilities when searching for a new product.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many of us have found our own additional product. If you are making 200k a year you are commission only and have a helper rep assisting in the daily grind. The product does nt have to be a compound pain cream. It can even be a PT product or another specialty. Just do not tell a soul your doing it. Better when it's not a Ortho product and something where you just bop in quick and then take orders.
    BV got a new product. Why don't you? Then build up your side job and leave BV.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Compound Creams are the easiest sell. Easiest for those with great relationships and some payers still paying. I can make more commission on 1 specialty cream script, than I can on selling two Exogens.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If in the same breath you say all upper mgt and HR is reading this why are some of you arrogant enough to brag about doing what will get you fired? It has gotten others fired so don't be over confident. Go ahead and leave for that which is a market that is slowly dying.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure. It's dying with some payers. Not with others. New compounds in other therapeutic areas are constantly coming out that payers cover.
    Many reps used compounds as a bridge to plan their exit.
    Many have not gotten caught but are prepared if they do.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lol. Funny that you "stand at meetings staring into a sea of mediocrity"
    Once you were in that sea. Companies evolve and hire new people all the time. All the original crew is leaving or just putting blinders on and sucking it up.

It sounds like you like to be rewarded to stand upon a stage and look down on people.
    Perhaps you should work on Broadway. Perhaps teaching.

We are rewarded when we work hard and then get a helper rep so we can double our income. That's a pretty damn good reward.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have to realize that there are posters that own pain cream/DME companies on this board, that are trying to recruit for their business. I highly doubt that any current reps are selling pain creams, and if they are I highly,highly doubt that they would be posting about it on here.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That one DME guy seems to be back and he never quits with his tens and pain cream. I do have to give it to him for his persistence