Overlay reps

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Feb 16, 2015 at 10:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am an overlay and am doing the same thing. My core rep has been less than helpful but I don't care. I know how to sell and will do that. I am coordinating at the beginning of the month but I am running this territory like it's my own. Screw all these old shire stuck up reps.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Except it isn't your own and neither are the sales results.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The numbers were flat for over a year and share has been declining until now. I think you are wrong.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares where the credit goes. If the results are there and improving and we are both getting paid then I don't care which one of us is making it happen. We have hundreds of doctors and Like any team it's usually a combination of efforts and plays. Sure you may have a few superstars that lead the way but without support from the role players they wouldn't be as successful. Say what you want but the reps that accept and work the best with their partner will out perform the territories that are internally fighting about this. We are all ranked in similar buckets and have similar challenges. The question is who is dealing with them better than the others.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you. Finally a voice of reason. You people are fighting about nothing.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the most valid thread I've ever seen on Shire's site. There are good reps and bad reps, good overlays and bad, as well as great RDs and terrible RDs...... The overlay system, while not preferred is not a choice we have the luxury of making at this point. I find the reasoning behind the overlays to be suspect or misguided. At Shire, every 2 years territories are recut, restructured, and re-aligned. The thought that adding counterparts (call it what it is) would be less disruptive than cutting additional territories is absurd. As a previous poster mentioned, Shire has just rehired to account for the 100 plus reps that they laid off 2 years ago. Many of which who were high performing, tenured employees who understood our business and had longstanding relationships with our customers. I genuinely hope that the new leadership will look at what really worked for Shire in the past and recut territories next year. With all of the changes even great RDs and well respected corporate influence ( who will no longer be here) are too defensive and reluctant to speak up. Our region, and many others, have just added the exact number of reps let go. As a high performing rep having an overlay doesn't scare or detour me- it just adds a layer of over communication and organizational work that takes time away from my productivity. It also takes away from my job satisfaction. Shire will lose some really great reps and people if this is not tweaked or reevaluated.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate to tell you but rumor has it they will be adding more overlays not recutting territories. kK, PS and FO have only worked with this type of sales force.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard the same. Its here to stay folks so stop complaining accept it or move on.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really, because that's what my overlay is doing. Most of us have good relationships with our A's and B's and they talk....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is spot on!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you care? The call plan of 9 calls is excessive. I wish my partner would skip out on some of those calls. My A's and B's are talking too and it's too much. If I were you that last thing I would be doing is complaining. Can we trade places?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wouldn't care if one met the doctor before logging multiple calls on them! That's just not right....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would be willing to trade also. I wish mine never showed up to any calls. They are just a inconvenience.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not really. Someone has put a category "A" "B" "C" or "NT" next to a target. This rating is only accurate about 60 percent of the time. There are NT's with more volume than A's. B's who are rapidly declining. B's and C's with more potential and volume than A's etc. etc.

Part of my job is to know my market and make business decisions accordingly. Being given a call plan that goes against what common business sense would dictate is simply a nuisance.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You territory is ranked based on profitability not volume. It's a big difference. You also have to realize you are only seeing scripts that are on label. The company is making money on all scripts. Not just the ones displayed in the data they allow us to see.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that why a lower volume doctor is an A? They write a lot off label that I do not see in my data, so what I see as a low volume A is actually a high volume off label RXer. So the company wants me to call on what appears to be a lower volume A physician 9 times a quarter because that target is profitable for off label RX's.
    Nice.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. Ask PS or KK about this "profitability model" they will turn bright red, but they won't deny it. You are not getting paid on 1/2 the scripts generated because of "compliance" but they want you enter extra calls on these people because they are making the company a lot of money. Some may be younger than 6 or older than 65. Some may be using it for off label use entirely but have a non excluded title and use just enough on label to keep them as a target. If asked directly PS and kk will tell you that the off label use is not part of your goal, but they don't factor in the time it takes to call on these people.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As long as they are training you to promote on label only. That's all that matters. Also profitability could also mean a doctor with a lot of volume but medicaid is not worth the same as a doctor with cash patients and less volume.