How to Bumble a Launch

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Mar 12, 2015 at 10:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How to Bumble a New Indication Launch:
    Step 1- change reps targets a few weeks before the launch
    Step 2- change reps managers and zone directors a few weeks before launch
    Step 3- hire 100 reps with a one day, first and final, face to face interview process
    Step 4- require reps to produce monthly call calendars then add another target list
    Step 5- tell FO that reps have expanded target list when in fact it is just a reallocated target list that now includes targets who should not be listed ie: retired, moved, inappropriate patient population/geriatric patient population
    Step 6- abandon resources for existing indication
    Step 7- provide zero information about education programs except they have been cancelled
    Step 8- have a phantom MSL division
    Step 9- have Clinical Nurse Educators working separately from field sales.
    Step 10- provide zero managed care information
    Step 11- provide zero National Updates on anything but Yahoo banner
    Step 12- Fail to give field talking points for NY Times article until 5 days after the fact
    Step 13- Fail to send Patagonia jacket!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fail to use News and Alerts when there is a delay in weekly data

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty much feels like PS and KK have never done a launch before

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Decide that BED free 30 and PNMT 15 are the way to track BED starts- than provide no ADHD free 30 and no ADHD PNMT 15.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Put call requirements on doctors who say they do not and will never RX stimulants.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Require reps to spend extra time out of the field to produce and update these calendars that are outdated the minute they hit send on the email.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Require reps to hit adherence of NINE calls on a target with 80% share instead of the ability to call on a non-target with the actual potential to grow. Way to waste not only the time of ONE rep but TWO with the overlay.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

exactly. You only send one resource when customers are begging for the ADHD resource. What do you expect will happen?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best post ever! Seeing it listed out like this really puts things in perspective. Dont forget moving the home office to Lexington! Decimating key employees and YEARS OF KNOWLEDGE!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the leaders here and I use the term loosely are the biggest joke I have ever seen.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so true I cant even laugh anymore

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Step 14 - Schedule 9000000000000000 ride alongs in your car to make you totally insane!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Step14- schedule 900000000 ride alongs
    Step 15-move home office so we lose people w years of experience
    Step 16 -call requirements that are a detriment to building business
    Step 17-fail to use existing TECHNOLOGY - News and Alerts when there is over a day delay in posting weekly data
    Step 18- distribute a micro target list that does not populate into targeted calls in IREP.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is what you get when you make a district manager the head of sales and you have mentally challenged person in charge of the NBU.

It is so apparent to everyone how under qualified these idiots are but no one up top cares because we continue to sell.

We are in a no win situation, they take zero blame for anything they are in charge of and fails but all of the credit for our hard work.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No wonder national goal attainment is dropping like a lead balloon. I am sure KK & PS are $h!tting their pants right now trying to figure out why? Time for another price increase. All the growth Shire over the last year has been artificial/based on acquisition, cutting jobs and price increases. They can only cut so much, increase price so much and soon they will run out of money to acquire other companies. The $1.6B from AbbVie was a godsend for FO. It jacked up revenues. But that will run out soon enough.

Shire is in a bubble now... I expect a pop in the next year or so, unless Shire is bought.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had to laugh about the "expanded target list" that was such a part of the NBU's projected success. Everyone knows that this "expanded list" consists primarily of physicians that were already being called on by Adult Focus, low potential/low volume prescribers and no potential prescribers. The "expanded list" really means MORE calls on existing customers. And Shire pays a few people ALOT of money to come up with this sales plan:

INCREASE frequency on TOP physicians.

Novel. Unique. Inspiring. Brilliant. Impressive.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a launch contest that started in Feb. It is now mid April and we have yet to receive any update on this. Does Shire management remember that we are in a launch?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You just need to exceed your frequency targets and fill out your lunch tracker so we can drive the stock price, sell the company and I can launch myself right into early retirement.

Perry

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just piss in the food.