management in the field

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Mar 24, 2015 at 8:22 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who believes that having rd's and zd's in the field all the time provides any benefit to the rep, the territory or the zone? docs do not like to have 2 people show up at their office. there is no value in this process. docs that the rep has a good relationship will tolerate it and play along, but that is it.....NO Value. Let reps sell and if you need to do a one days as an rd to check in and provide follow-up, good. having management in the field all the time actually takes away from all the others in the field that have issues and the boss is nowhere to be found because they are out making ride along calls and checking the box for upper management.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. But once again bad leadership prevails. They tried telling KK this but she knows better. Her and that other sage PS have all the answers. "Trust them!"

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RD is in the car all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is messing up everyone's schedules! Not to mention all the other ride alongs, ZD, KK, KAM, Nurses.......

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's overkill. Especially for territories that already have two reps calling on these offices. For the first time in 7 years I had a doctor tell me "he was just too busy" when I asked him if I could bring my RD in. Offices have been cracking jokes for awhile about how often my RD is with me. "Way more than most companies. Is everything ok at Shire?" But I have never had a doctor tell me he was too busy to see us. Now ZD, KAMS, CNE and overlays? My RD thinks they are
    the reason I am doing so well. My top doctor lined me up with an interview at another company that actually trusts their employees. With the global payout coming I hope I get the job and can be put out of micromanage hell. They are managing like this job is entry level.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And the numbers are tanking because of it

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is only the beginning. We have just begun this new call model. Just wait 6 months from now when we are still wearing our customers out with these visits. Our access will decrease even further and we will lose all respect from our customers. This is not bringing value to our customers! We are going back to a pharma model that killed the industry in the 2000s. Why does Shire think it is necessary to babysit their reps?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is what happens when you hire inexperienced managers that were decent reps at best. The top managers know how to listen and motivate their sales reps. Even big pharma doesn't do this anymore. I have never felt more demotivated. The customers use to be the best part of my day.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's define the Shire way of Bringing Value.
    Call on a pediatrician 9 Times in one quarter (per call requirements)
    Bring in extra faces during those 9 Times.
    Have ZERO co-pay cards to offer.

Who will be surprised when this physician does not want to see reps anymore?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This one is Sternberg's baby. He hates coupons and favors over the top field time. Thats why he hired his Nazi VP to run his plan because he has no balls (Kobe wears them for him). This place is doomed for failure unless a buyer comes along.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its not even about the copay card. When you don't have samples it's important that you leave something of value to the patient. Especially when you are asking for a commitment to change behaviors and there are less expensive options out there. You need to be able to demonstrate efficacy.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best field manager is J. Tolkien! Great guy!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EXACTLY! Doctors are already sick of this! Wake up! Get out of our cars! It is too much!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree! I actually thought one of my favorite offices was kidding when they told me how sorry they were to not be able to see me- but later the nurse confided it's just become a "bit much with 2 reps plus it seems like a manager is usually with one of you". Since that incident 2 other offices have cringed when they saw me, plus my manager in the waiting room. We need a little freedom to lay off these docs! Even if your mgr is great docs don't like seeing them on most visits!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What else do they have to do? A worthless position.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Demonstrate efficacy and patient benefits. You are spot on. Physicians want to GIVE something to their patients. Pharma created this. What is it about providing customer value that these people in charge do not understand? It is our job to PROVIDE VALUE. Not walk into offices everyday with a sidekick to demand business. Take Take Take is the mantra of the NBU. That won't yield much of a return in the long run. Clearly, the long run is not part of the plan. The short run, the quick and the easy is how it is done here. Then it will be time for this gang to move on to their next hustle.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had the same thing happen recently. An office I always get time with saw my RD and myself in the waiting room and left me waiting for awhile. This is not normal for this office. He finally sent a nurse out to say he "was running behind". This has never happened to me at this office.I don't know if he thought I was going to take more time than usual or what not, but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KK and PS should have eliminated a few RD positions when they eliminated the ZD's. Perhaps if RD's had more reps to manage we could go back to bringing value to these offices.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PS and KK should eliminate themselves since their performance is poor and they have systematically destroyed a once thriving organization.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA! EXACTLY!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haters will always hate!