Top Posts of the Year and Shout-Outs

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Dec 10, 2010 at 12:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK Pfizer people...what are some of your favorite posts from this past year? Don't be shy!!

Let's also give shout-outs to well known PFE posters.....Shout out to Reggie SPizzle!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I read this the other day and thought it was the best perspective I've ever read on our industry.

"The problem is that the industry started paying way too much for the skills of pharma reps in the late 80's/early 90's, and an entire generation of folks got accustomed to bloated salaries. Face it, there is no other industry in the country where reps with low end bachelor degrees can routinely surpass 100K without any shred of a specialized skill set. In most cases, folks would be jumping ship left and right if faced with FIVE YEARS of uncertainty, but pharma folks know there is no place to go that offers the same pay opportunities. As a result, this board is ripe with bitter and unrealistic people who have a distorted perception of what they're worth. You all want 100K+, but fail to realize that you have absolutely ZERO effect on physicians and their prescribing habits. It all comes down to CMS and HMO formulary decisions and we all know that we can cut 80% of the existing sales force to accomplish the same outcomes.

Ill stop short of lambasting the entire industry and calling all reps a bunch a worthless idiots like some do (some of the best and most talented people I know are pharma reps), but its time to face the facts. Get out now and get retrained/re-educated rather than wait for the inevitable to happen."

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Get out now"? Are you serious? Even the diminished severance is a decent chunk of change. Why leave now with nothing? Oh sure, if you can get something lined up, great! Have at it... chances are, with the economy in the dumper and 2 more years of OBAMA! coming up, I think the recession only gets worse. Most of us will need the severance if we get canned in 2011. Hopefully we can make it last until 2012 when the American public puts the grown-ups back in charge in DC.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well this so called article (if it really exists) left out the biggest atrocity of all in Pharma. That of the former sales reps -with low end BS degrees -who became RMs SDs, and PJ's making close to $500 GRAND (benefits included) a year and they add ZERO to the bottom line!!!!!!!! Well except for watching the paint dry in their newly decorated office or sitting home in their PJ's...!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shout out to Spicy Brown! We've missed you, man!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true! The reps actually have to get out of bed, call on clients etc. and are tracked all day. The cushy jobs in management (held by FORMER REPS) are the most high paid unaccountable and useless jobs at Pfizer!
    When the rep job goes all contract do you think Pfizer ELT is going to keep your worthless asses? Please, they'll scrap 90% of these useless positions and contract the rest for a third of the pay.

Karma, it's a bitch :)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shout out to Jimmy Carlton 5 time VPC! Hey spicy brown how about something for old times sake?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shout out to "Boss Man, the Ultimate DM"!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, all former Pfizer reps, marketers, DMs, and VPs find their worth when they hit the open market. Most that I know found out the hard way that they're not worth what they were being paid here. You can see 'em on Facebook or LinkedIn with their corny "experienced Pharma Exec" career summary. Don't they know that Pharma has little credibility out there?
    Trust me, that $275,000 severance package doesnt go far if you cant find work for 1.5 years....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Serves these dickheads right for milking the company for so long!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, does anyone out there remember Hank McKinnell, and the millions upon gazillions he left the company with?? It was disgusting then and it's disgusting now.

I'd like to add one more facet here--when those reps do become State Directors, and the like, all of a sudden they want to hang on to that position (or move up) at all costs. All of a sudden they become "yes men" to the extreme. Nothing and noone is challenged. Whatever comes down from the top, all of a sudden, as ridiculous as it may be, is absolutely glorious. Manna from heaven.

And I do mean AT ALL COSTS. They will throw you under the bus in a flash--we've all seen it. Come downsizing time they could care less about anything but the skin on their own back side. There's no denying it. We've all seen it.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Post of the Year is easily the MILF topic. It had some 14,000 hits and something like 2,000+ people posted on it. It brought out all the shananigans out of the closet, and acutally increased the encounters in our ranks. I can attest that I never even considered a MILF until I read the thread. Since then, I've enjoyed relations with 4 MILF's. All married, very-good looking, incredibly horny (and willing), and no strings attached. Thank you!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I miss the Christian freako who tols us that our tortured souls would rot in hell unless we embrace the deity they were forcing upon us because they think that out of all the world's religions, they are right. Not only is this person right, they think they are self righteous enough and empowered to force their agenda on the rest of the world, including anonymous blogs.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good one! did enjoy the above two -very entertaining.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: :)

Hmmmm... Just the christian freako? I'm pretty sure most religions and denominations of each have commented on Pfizer's lost souls. LoL

I think one fact that all would agree on, regardless of personal belief, is that this company is unethical, immoral, vapid, slutty, trashed out, and likened to a really bad yeast infection that needs a good cure to burn it away. :)

Bottom line... You're missing the point DUDE!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

everything by VOCS

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PFE Blue Koolaid Man

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BIG Shout out to those douche bag, ass licking shit for brains "web masters" who think every post is about THEM so they have to fucking delete them! Or else, they are being paid to customize our discussions to meet the needs to Big Pharma- SHIT HEADS!

I despise totally arrogant shit eaters who run places like this and REPEATEDLY remove posts for absolutely no reason whatsoever. They are such narcissistic morons.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Management slams this site as negative but actually, it is very accurate. That's why theey get these threads removed. People share dirty secrets about shameful stuff leaders who spout off how virtuous they are. I love to hear the truth and I think it's funny when a vp has to call and complain to get a truth removed.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whatever happened to leslie's balls?