OCD Layoffs?

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Nov 16, 2009 at 6:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone from Ortho Clinical hit today? I was surprised to see the CAM position eliminated, they kept saying how they would dip into field sales.

Any insight as to how safe the AM position is? Seems like our territories are already plenty large, I can't see too much consolidation taking place without having an effect on driving revenue..

Thoughts?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had the big town hall today with Nick Valeriani. Just seemed to repeat the same message of 'a thorough study of the organization', 'be more agile', etc...

Did say actions would begin today, then added two Senior VPS to the GMB. (Really is not clear how adding more top-level VPs makes the org more agile...)

Really, not a clear direction at the home office.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes I was laid off today :(
    I was at Canal Ponds in Rochester NY

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Monday, 1-19-10, they let go 14 of the contract field engineers. I was one.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought OCD was the darling of JNJ Medical Devices and Diagnostics? Making money? Chaning the world? Lay-offs? Not a JNJ OCD! Could it be?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry to here it! Try Siemens

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's what is clear...Nick is BS artist through and through. Here's what is clear about two more VPs...they are most likely "Friends of Nick"". At the top levels of J&J it is a cesspool of BS artists and no leadership whatsoever.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely agree!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why did I think he retired and left J&J?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He didn't retire although he is no longer at J&J corporate or an executive committee member. For some undisclosed reason, he was moved to chairman of OCD. Seems like a major demotion as at one time, he had all of MD&D (including OCD) reporting to him.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well the layoffs are going to happen again at OCD this week. Rumor has it will be tomorrow 6/15/2011 or Thursday. All meetings are being rescheduled and the nitwit running JNJ flew in today with the helicopter. It is such a long ride from New Brunswick to Raritan so they use the chopper. That is real cost conscious management. The company is in bad shape and the 5600/3600 are pieces of junk. They put the moron who was responsible for building in charge of fixing it. Now it is the blame game why there is so many problems.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots of meetings today. Heard some people already got the news directly that they are no longer needed.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's true roughly 50 people including me were laid off today. Decision were made at a high level too, as I found out before my team lead and manager.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many total from OCD? I was a high performer for the last 6 years and got my job eliminated Wed morning. Many low performers were kept, what gives?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's that way in every company now. Performance has nothing to do with it. They apply random methods so they can't be accused of discriminating. I'm sorry to hear you lost your job.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This last round makes even less sense than the rest. We have problems with our platforms and the cuts hit technical service, the same group that has to apply field fixes. The firings this week looked random, with engineers and supervisors who were supposedly 'ready-now', high-performers getting the ax. Who is left to fix the mess?