IT's OVER! NOW BACK TO MY 20 HOUR WEEK!

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, May 26, 2014 at 7:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Years ago, it bothered me about lying about calls, but it didn't take long to realize that I enjoyed it. It gave me more time with my family, kept the manager happy, and me happy. Yes, calling it the "new normal" is a perfect description. It actually feels normal to lie about calls. I don't really think of it anymore as lying. I have evolved!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not faking it, just making the numbers...stop in first clinic, big office probably 12+ docs on my call plan..wait around for over hour to get sample call in..put down total of 4 or 5 calls for that place..on to next stop.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's faking it. Don't worry, everyone does it. The truth is too much for AZ management.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone does it is right! It now feels perfectly normal. I have gotten over the initial guilt, which didn't last long! It's just the "AZ Way" of doing business.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am telling you that 80% of the calls out here would never meet the definition of a call! You are right, that's just the way it is, and everybody knows it. They just look the other way and pretend it's not there. That;s a good thing! Makes my life much easier.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I tried to keep up with my "work time" this week, and I have averaged 3.5 hours a day. There is just no need to put in anymore time than that. Access is getting worse. My average physician face time (which I call "PFT") is about 20 seconds. I had one really good L&L call yesterday. Very frustrating.

Today will be even worse. I will have to fake most of my calls today. I have no choice.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is brutal. Most reps make their first call at 11:00 at the earliest. Come on, get real. Do you think someone is tracking your Cafepharma posts back, and that's why you're claiming to be such an early bird? Who are you kidding except for yourself?? Not me.

Back from the gym by 8:00 AM. Hahaahahahaha.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really, really tried to do better this week with putting in more time in the field, but it hit me like a ton of bricks, there is really NO NEED to stay out from 8 to 5 or 8 to 4. I have thrown in the towel and have finally realized that with access being what it is, I HAVE to lie about calls! I have no choice!

I will admit, that lying bothered me to begin with, but I don't consider it lying anymore. It's what I call "market reality". That is just the market norm now. My core hours have been and will continue to be 10 till 2pm. Within that time frame I can see those that will see me, and lie about the rest. That gives me plenty of time to do all the other useless BS we have to do, and have a life as well.

So, my new saying is, "10 till 2 will have to do"! Nice ring to it wouldn't you say? Come on and sing it with me!! "10 till 2 will have to do"! "10 till 2 will have to do"! That's it, you've got it!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are absolutely right! I gave up trying to work more than a few hours a day years ago. There is just no need.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yep 3 hours of core work..the rest for me is just stretching out the day...the days of paper call cards was just stupid..(had enough pre-signed to take off 2 weeks and not be missed)

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just simply don't care anymore. I am screwing off more and more during the day. I am just sick of it.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a fairly good week so far! I actually kept track of real vs fake calls. It's running about 80% fake. I may have said, "Hi Doc, sign here" a few times, which is a call in my book. But actually real, honest calls, I only made about 4 through Thursday. No matter how hard I try, I think this is as good as it gets.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm done. Access is horrible. Just had a friend call to see if I wanted to play golf. I'm going. Hope you guys have a better day than I did this morning!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With all this gorgeous weather, it's going to be tough to hit 3 or 4 hours a day of this mind numbing job! Got a 8:30 tee time today!! WOO HOO! Of course I will have the old iPad with me, and will definitely get in a late sig today! Play the game baby! Play the game!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This thread is too funny! It describes the vast majority of sales rep's attitude at AZ. A 20 hour work week would be a huge stretch for most of us! Enjoy it people, at least as long as we can, and AZ stills worships at the SOV Altar!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are doctors that will see reps but they don't write enough Rxes, so AZ wants the reps to fake it and report calls that never happened on big writers and ignore the rest. But you have to work a full day. Catch-22. What a bunch of ignoramuses AZ management is. Hope you guys like scarfing down the nice buffet while you sit on your fat arrogant asses and make these silly rules that no one can abide by.

Patient Health First

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some years ago you could see whoever you wanted in a territory and targeting and SOV mania hadn't hit companies. You didn't need to fake calls and were consistently detailing so knew you could make a difference and felt good about the job. So sad the way the industry went.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While Detroit followed the management consultants, Japan got to work and made better cars.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I first started I actually had a number of docs (usually the older guys) who asked you into their office, sit down at their desk (maybe even offer a cup of coffee) and give you 10 minutes (half would take a cigarette break then)..you'd talk a little product, little local medical gossip, ask about the family, business etc..now if I see docs car in parking lot, I'll put that down as a call half the time to keep my numbers right.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure and plenty of my docs used to ask me if I'd like a bong hit.

You are such a typical piece of shit liberal asshole. Go libs!