Has anyone received an offer?

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jun 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I havent heard a thing from Dallas. I know they are moving quickly. Anything???

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Crickets.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Base salary?? I heard its a broad range.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Me neither. Fucking bullshit!! And I closed very hard but they would not agree.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just received a call from HR...I'm out...went with someone with more experience...I'm on east coast so maybe those on the west will hear later today

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sorry you were not chosen. Thanks for the update. What day was your interview? Monday, Tuesday, WEdnesday or yesterday?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Calls coming....managers doing a de-brief session over noon hour (now) so the rest of you will hear. Typical Avanir.......they already had their candidates chosen but sent extra in case the first ones don't take the offer......BEWARE......you WILL most likely be looking for another job in 2013 or early 2014!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I havent heard a thing...anybody with an offer??? What was the bas salary??

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they told me i would hear either monday or tuesday of next week

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally made a mistake going to Avanir. If you are in a good gig now --do not go. I was able to leave on my own with good numbers, but Avanir is not a good company.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is not a good place to work. I regret the day I sat in MM's office in CA during my interview and didn't go with my gut feeling that he is not a good leader or a person who I would enjoy working for. It's a Pharma job- big, small, bio whatever, bottom line is you sell a c level product for a population that has been blown way out of proportion and unless you're willing to sell in the gray area, you won't succeed. The money is good. Riding around in your Hyundai wondering how you can possibly do it for the next two decades is not. Good luck. The grass is greener.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. I wish I went with my gut after my interview with Michael in 2011. When he point blank told me that if you don't show growth after two quarters, "we don't want you anymore." But I took the job, and after shit bonus money for 9 months, I had to get out. So glad I'm out. HATED working nursing homes the whole time I was there!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So far nobody has received an offer? i was told moving fast....anybody? Does anybody like working here??? I would not be calling on LTC. Really need some positives...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A positive? Sure. Some reps can do really, really well here for a quarter or two. But if you don't do really, really well, then you will be replaced. It doesn't matter how great your work ethic is, or how hard they know you're trying. This company has a phenomenally high turnover rate. Hope that helps.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You people crack me up here. Avanir is a great company with a product that truly changes people's lives. I've grown my business 6 out of 7 quarters and the bonus money is great. Do you actually expect to make big bonus $ for not growing your sales? Yes, this is a hard product to sell and the condition takes a long time for providers to understand but it's NOT impossible. For those of you looking to come here it is a great company to work for and is very competitive. If you don't like a competitive and challenging environment then don't work here. If you plan on being a typical rep only working the 4 T's then don't come here. If you want to work hard, continue to develop yourself, not settle for being an average rep and make great money then this is your place. Good luck to all of you who interviewed last week.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The previous post is a funny one. Yes, Avanir is a good place to work for a few months. You can't tell me that 80 percent of the field force are slackers! It does take a long time to educate on PBA and Nuedexta but corporate doesn't give you that time. If you look at the people hitting big numbers they are the SAME people. These are the people docs writing off label and or were part of the trials! Chili and Chris growing again because for the last 6 months they haven't grown so of course they are growing again........what a joke. Managed Care is still a huge issue and the drug is limited by it's indication....I dont' care how you spin it. Most of us have hit our baselines and overachieved and still don't make much money so dont' let that fool you! This is one of the WORST drug launches in Neurology history and one of the WORST launches in three years ...period! This company is NOT making money.....we spend more that we bring in and the mass hiring is due to the company needing a copromote or we are screwed. WE are YEARS away from any further indications so that won't sustain us! A few reps having good growth and that is positive to see but most of us are barely hanging on.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So in short some do well and others don't , my god that's crazy lol

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So have they started giving out offers yet? They seemed to want to get people hired quickly but I have not hear anything yet. Has anyone else?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Neither have I. Waiting is the hardest part.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, they were in a rush to get through interviews but when it comes to us, i guese they dont care. Still waiting for these people to say yes or no!! My god. why is it f%$%king sol long????