AZ / a good career

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Oct 2, 2014 at 11:22 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the diabetes side in primary care a good career at AZ ?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Careers aren't in pharmaceuticals. Daily errands with great temporary pay is what the diabetes side is.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Az very good. Esp CV

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ , Pfizer, Merck...yep great career place to start..but more importantly what's your plan if you come onboard?? do you even have one? Being a pharm rep for more than 2 years is not a career plan..at that point it is just a job (and given layoffs, not a very secure job at that)..

Play it like a chess game, think a couple moves ahead...at least you'll be the one deciding when its right to move to the next level instead of waiting around for some company or mgr. to give the ok.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good point, really don't have a plan, not interested in mgmnt, just sales. Guess I need to rethink

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At AZ sales is the lowest tier and considered a promotable position. It's up or out, especially as you age.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn, I guess I REALLY need yo rethink since I'm 44

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

news flash - you'd never get hired at 44....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pay? Good. Benefits? Good. Culture? Sucks!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go for it! They will hire you at 44. This IS the best company to get away with working 3 to 4 max per day. It's a wonderful place!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know if they'll hire you at 44, much less any pharma company. They tend to like young, gullible, and cheap.

Apparently you've not spent much time in pharma. Pharma is not a career, and never will be now. Just a paycheck for a couple years at a time, and everyone knows it. Always on the hunt for the next paycheck and always worried about job security. I've worked for several companies, and they're all the same regarding this topic. AZ is really bad about check the box activities, micromanagement, and BS in general. Would be good if you're unemployed, but otherwise don't waste your time. You shouldn't have to read cafepharma long before you figure out pharma is NOT a career. All the boards are on again, off again, hiring, firing, laying off, reorg, rollercoaster crap.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't listen to them - all depends on whom is interviewing and the territory. I was hired in my 50's but with a lot of previous sucuss .

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

44? Just thinking about a career? No plan? LOSER!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Previous "sucuss" ?? You should be in senior leadership by now.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are you in pharma sales ?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm in it now just trying to decide whether to jump to a totally different industry, and get out completely

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut up.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AZ is the laughing stock of the industry. It is certainly not a good career move. It would be a roll of the dice to know if you would still be employed after a year or so.ask any rep, very toxic culture, too many reps and they all fight with each other and stab each other in the back.

Stay away!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You could always apply for one of the new ESS positions

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ha......ha.....ha....HA...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!