Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics - Region North America re-org

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jan 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look, for the sake of all of us I would like to be optimistic. Unfortunately do to these set of circumstances, in order to cut costs, I do not see GSK absorbing all scientists and funding all salaries indefinitely. There has to be some serious changes, and this includes cutting staff.

Lets see what happens, I am hopeful for all and always wish the best for all who deserve it.

Lets keep our heads up and keep up the hard work in the meantime and stop worrying about things that are not in our control.

Goodluck.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Brace yourself. They have to take this entity that has been losing money forever and make it profitable quickly. One quick way to take that step toward the path of prosperity is to reduce headcount. And they already have people doing many of the jobs that we're doing, i.e., redundancy. They simply don't need very many of us. Clear a nominal transition period, and we're goners. It is a certainty unless you refuse to believe it, hope against hope, and find yourself saddened and betrayed six months pst close. Just ask the former staffers from Nokia how that Microsoft acquisition is going for them.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/29/us-microsoft-employment-idUSKBN0II24A20141029

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

(Said the DLC member to the employees.)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As communicated at the town hall, in 6 months GSK will determine what openings there are for Novartis employees to apply for. I would guess 10 applicants for 1 opening. Luc reiterate that novartis people were being integrated into their existing structure and there would be limited spots, not unlimited.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In a town hall over the summer, a GSK representative stated very arrogantly that they had identified several hundred million in synergies. To people with a brain and some street smarts to them, that means cuts. Always has been, always will be. They have their own legal department, finance department, HR department, IT department, Sales force and R&D team. Get over yourself, you're not unique and so skilled. Maybe you'll be kept, but the odds aren't great.

Let us also make note that the division was operationally loosing $600M +. Losing as in spending more money than you took in. GSK cannot absorb that as is forever. In fact GSK reported a horrible Q3 report. Executives will be have their heads handed to them if they voluntarily continued to eat those kind of added on losses for absolutely no reason.

Is that enough or are you the type that needs a certified letter with confidential internal documents coming from the CEO in order to spell things out for you?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By arrogant, I mean in their tone. They have every right to make that move. Its the smart thing to do. Its their tone that spells out what will happen.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$600M is about what out total personnel spend is. $60M is the total personel spend at HS and about the size of their losses.

I can see GSK eating some losses in order to position their new business strategically but not for long. I can't see CSL eating $1.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a corrollary, that is ~ $45M per month loss for GSK and about $5M per month for CSL.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, and the stunted runt's leadership abilities were never hurt by his borderline Asperger's syndrome complicated by his Neopolionic syndrome.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Mrs. Oswald!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The cost savings on this deal are stated by GSK as being 400 Million GBP. This is not all headcount but I bet a good % is.

There will be NVS people getting positions but as you say there are many duplications.

In the Consumer side the Novartis guys did quite well out of the Leadership Team appointments - that is a JV though and not a takeover

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If we are loosing $600M and they say that there is only $400M in savings I guess that means that they plan on eating $200M / yr in losses?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wasn't VN in charge of Vaccine's Development during most of the period when Bexzero's trials were planned then later promoted to head all of Pharma's Dev?

Hum, and I was always under the impression that performance counted in one's professional career.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ands the issue with the sh*t data is that no one can tell if it is due to the intrinsic nature of the vaccine or to the amaturish way that the trials were constructed.

So, it is a total waste of hundreds of millions of dollars and the only way to determine if it is clinically effective is to repeat the trials with a new design. Will GSK do it?

pathetic amateurism - no in charge and Novartis Vaccines Development.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was dead in the water in the US with the FDA refusing to consider and basically the UK via cost controls. What bailed out the drug was that Princeton University had a small outbreak. If it was a state school with a student body that wasn't the sons and daughters of some of the powerful and we'll connected, nothing would have happened and the FDA wouldn't even consider it for approval

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys make the MOST ridiculous and unfounded claims. It has been very entertaining listening to such chatter....... Looking forward to continue to listen as the CSL and GSK takeovers get closer to reality.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. High placed officials with their precious Muffy and Biff at Princeton got on the blower and corrupted the FDA. Just wait for the journalists to blow this scandal wide open.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe that is what Novartis Pharma is counting on from VN? His ability to leverage the non-traditional FDA channels of influence?