Merck is like a rotting trash can...When does the bottom fall out??

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It amazes me that Merck continues to plod along in Mediocrity and the management of this company is still so clueless on how bad morale is, and how screwed up every facet of this organization is...

Is anything well managed at this hellhole of a company??

How come they never really do anything to improve things here?

Why are we encouraged to lie so much just to keep our jobs...

This place is friggin sick...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I fear Merck is mirroring what is going on in our country. The immorality rampant all across the good old USA is alive and well from top to bottom in Merck. Thus, our morale is unhealthy, too. All the lies and deceptive practices have rotted out the company of George Merck. We got away from trying to always do the right thing for the customer as well as the employee and now cannot even recognize what the right thing might be. It is terribly sad for those of us who really knew Merck.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get rid of Tris W is Sales Training

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Frazier too-

leading Merck might distract him from his real job- trying to make Penn State look squeaky clean

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with this. Our emphasis on so much PC and diversity initiatives has unfortunately not translated into new and innovative products that benefit mankind. Taking focus away from what had been Merck's business has seriously hurt Merck's business.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let Frazier do both- we already know he does a less than outstanding job here but he is special and so they must allow him to do whatever he wants. Should be interesting how he tries to spin this but he did spin Vioxx too.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The spinmeister.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even though Merck has retained the name after merging with Schering Plough, Merck is not and never will be the same as it was as long as management continues to perform so poorly. Unfortunately, Merck has adopted the Schering culture. Schering/Merck, no longer cares about it's employees...adding insult to injury, the apptitude of management and board members is no longer there. There is an extreme lack of communication, benefits are declining, and there are leaders that call themselves management, who shouldn't be in those positions. Schmerck, has become a chaotic joke, no one can make decissions, actually everyone fears making decissions. One of they're biggest flaws is, they spend tons of money without looking at the long range effects. They have managers there who are inefficent, only caring about making a name for themselves, therefore, they go gun ho, changing everything which took years of work and money to put in place. They are no longer a company concerned about they're employees. And they are getting rid of good people, and do not care who takes they're place. Outsourcing is they're culture now, and they don't realize, how bad it is for business...all they care about are the dollar signs...George Merck must be rolling over in his grave...Merck is always the last to get onboard in everything they do. They implemented the cheapest software they could find, which is so primitive and difficult to work with. Cannot believe the decline in the company, and the effect it is having on they're employees...they no longer care about the employees...Merck used to have very good benefits, which are fastly declining...not to mention, the ineffectiveness of it's leaders to pull it out of the dark ages. Merck could be a leading pharmaceutical company, if only it's leaders would know what they are doing. They make changes without discussing those changes to the departments it effects...they have no clue...and like every other Board Member in this country, all they care about are they're own pay checks. Farming out all they're work, will have a grave effect on the company eventually...they will run the company into the ground. Research has done nothing, and everyone is just so shocked at how this company operates any more. What a shame...

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...and more of us will soon become part of the 99% and OWS.....very sad and very tragic.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearly, the bottom has already fallen out. Very little is left to hold on to that represents what Merck once was. Very sad and tragic indeed.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MERCK, the ENRON of the pharmaceutical industry. Greed kills lives, jobs and companies.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You wanna talk about Merck spending tons of money, I think most people would freak out to learn, how much money they spend on consultants who tell them how to do they're jobs?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your opinion-- or that rambling string of nonsense--has been rendered discredited by your incessant use of "they're" instead of "their". If you want to be a blockhead, fine, but stop writing here. Learn to express yourself correctly and maybe someday people will stop thinking that you are retarded.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, so get out your red pen. The poster has no legitimacy to their thoughts because they don't have perfect grammar? Give me a break. You're probably a Merck manager with your self-righteousness and dismissive attitude.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell me who put these top guys in place, who made these choices? Stockholders, lower people, who?

Right now it seems the orders roll down from some point in the Ivy tower. Management or not it seems everyone in the middle and below are all subject to the whims and bad choices from the big decision makers.... the choices seems more like misguided blunders that are creating big collateral damage all along the way....it's sad because A and B grade talents may be replaced by C and D level replacements just to save a buck.....In the end whatever early savings that might be seen will be losses in opportunities, real revenue streams and the image Merck has always had...

Agree George may be doing a 360.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please make sure you get customer commitment to pre-book 3x as much Afluira right after you tell them about the 5 th vaccine to take a price increase in a month. Just in time for competition lets give them a reason to hate us even more than they already do. Great Strategy, how could it not work????
    Sick Sigma is destroying the heart and soul of this company.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a retiree, this kind of stuff scares the hell out of me. I really can't afford to have Merck go belly up.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not going belly-up, but it will emerge about two years from now as a much, much smaller and leaner company. Outsourced R&D activities (centrally managed), outsourced sales force (maybe 1000 reps total) and God only knows how little revenue (if Januvia competition heats up, it's gonna hurt the only growth product we have). There's nothing in the pipeline, so streamlining and cutting costs is the only option that's left. Profits should be sustainable for a decade before it all falls apart, unless something finally arrives from R&D, which is unlikely.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow...a decade?

What will happen to pensions...isnt ma merck strong on cash?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pensions? Let me see....I think I'll take the lump sum if it's still available by the time I can retire.