Sad, Critically-Flawed Company

Discussion in 'Nephron Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Oct 9, 2014 at 11:20 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nephron is a case study in how poor management from the top is a cancer that infects and destroys the entire company. The company is ruled (not managed or run, but ruled) quite literally by fear. Working at Nephron is eerily like what I imagine living in North Korea or Venezuela under a dictator is like. The parallels to how a dictatorship is run which I have seen over the years at Nephron is uncanny; it has sent chills down my spine at times. If you work at Nephron you live under the despotic rule of a (quite likely clinically) psychologically unstable CEO.

A few insights into the culture and morale at Nephron:
    Over 40% of management and staff across both sites have left since the beginning of 2014 (many quitting without another job prospect). The new South Carolina plant is mind-blowingly mismanaged (from the top; there are many there who would do well if they were provided training and support) and over budget and is nowhere close to producing usable submission batches, much less putting together a satisfactory PAS or passing a PAI. Each month that passes loses Nephron-SC another 2 million, with no sales anywhere in the near future (not even in 2015, sorry guys). Absolutely NO viable new products in the pipeline to fill their massive and empty new SC plant. Literally, every single project Nephron has worked on over the past 6 or more years are dead in the water (although the creditors haven’t caught on it seems, yet) because of lack of project direction and management and ridiculous decision making {Market analysis: domestic sales non-existent? No problem!…}. In addition, the company has a continuing history of aggressively opposing the FDA, and doing very shady things, actually thinking that they can win that fight.

Nephron is out of money, out of time, and is reaping what the CEO has sown. It is all so very sad. Sad that good people have to be treated so poorly; sad that all of the potential of Nephron is wasted; sad that the company Bill built is being destroyed before his 70 year old eyes (What is he going to do, fire his wife? I know for a fact he has considered it). Sad, sad, sad.
    If you are there keep your head down (as so many do), get out quick, or have a very solid plan (and significant savings to buffer against the CEO’s itchy trigger finger for termination). If you are considering working there: eyes wide open! The experience looks great on the resume, but may not be worth the stress and years taken off your life. Honestly.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is, by far, the best and most accurate description of Nephron.

-Former Employee

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is so true smh. Moral of the story, do NOT work at this place.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I might have been a bi***, but at least the place ran well and made money! I will come back, if you want. You better dye your hair black cause only one blonde can be in charge!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lou Kennedy is running the company into the ground. The West Columbia facility should be a pharma manufacturing case study for how not to be managed. Luckily she has the Palmetto kids with all of their combined wisdom keeping the place afloat! Once contract opportunities realize a 27 year old arrogant, fake, imbecile is attempting to run quality they will run away.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Imbecile is an understatement, and dumb as a bag of rocks is too generous...to the rocks. Case in point: a few years ago in Orlando she was "training" and was using Excel. Someone saw her using her calculator to do all the math and showed her that Excel could do it. She said something to the effect of "Oh my, I didn't know it could do that, sakes alive!". I guess it is encouraging that she knew how to use a calculator, so there is that.

Oh Nephron, dear Nephron. You should be a reality show on Comedy Central.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems like anyone who has experience, education, and is professional doesn't last. Too threatening I guess. The Palmetto "4" will have a rude awakening when they have to find new jobs and realize that things wont be handed to them because of who they know or how beautiful they are.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i regret not being there to witness firsthand the downfall of the chosen ones, should be a epic fail

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I doubt the reason the company made any money prior to this had anything to do with anything other than luck and Bill's previous work. Only a very very few people have the experience necessary to benefit the company. Too bad that those people are not allowed to use their skills.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just so we are all clear, is Sandra Calhoon the imbecile and bag of rocks we are all talking about?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen, "what we are talking about" is the train wreck that is Lou-Nephron. Horse-face is a very, very minor part of this conversation. In fact, she is infinitesimally minor in every way.

What we need to refocus on is the crazy (illegal??) stuff that Lou-Jong-Il engages in, Like fighting the FDA on Asthmanefrin after they told us 7+ times to pull it from the market (most recently a few weeks ago). What lunatic would allow a product that is losing the company money hand over fist to take the company down, just so they can stand up to the FDA? Someone with a psychotic inferiority complex who isn't smart enough to know when to fold 'em, that's who.

I feel so sorry for Bill for what has become of his empire, although I am sure he is smart enough to have carved out enough for his family. Cheers to you old man (clink).

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And yey the ego queen keeps flaunting her facility to anyone who will look at it while she brags about her affiliation with The Gates Foundation the 50 mil they are planning to get. Hey if they are stupid enough to give an unapproved, disfunctional and unproven site that kinda of money, Gates truly is a philanthropist. But for those of you were around for the Merck saga may have witnessed, Lou and her 90 lb lap dog can't sell a shitty bill of goods to everyone.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard Merck was investing 50 million. Probably not true either?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just can't wait for season 2 of Southern Charm!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I thought I would see some cameos in the first season...maybe now that elections are over??

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This article calls out two good men. People, just like you and me, that want desperately to achieve something, to get things done, to be a part of something great. That was the grandiose feelings all of us had as the SC plant was becoming a reality years ago. The grandiose feelings that were fueled by the empty words of a raving lunatic that (many of us) recognized as such far too late. Far, far too late for me.

Although I have no idea if the allegations about these two good men are true, there are others, myself included, that, when looking back, realize that the despotic regime at Nephron pushed us to do things we later regret. How long will Lou-Jong-Il be able to deflect her direct involvement in the corrupt entity that is Nephron onto others and remain (mostly) unscathed? When will we realize that each and every one of us still at Nephron is only the next person to be caught by the eye of Mordor and burned to a crisp (Fred, Susan???)? (too many metaphors, I know: Mea Culpa. Probably comes from the PTSD that I have from working for Nephron).