Covidien bought by Medtronic

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Jun 17, 2014 at 11:21 AM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TM's with Applied average between 90-100k is that lowball? Damn straight you are expected to sell all of the products that Applied offers to your customers. They also need to change their policies to better suit their customers and promote surgeons toward attending their cadaver courses by eliminating fees. It is astonishing how slight changes would result in a more productive and longer ranging sales force. If your still employed with this company consider yourself lucky because I have heard of others being retired and left to rot.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Applied has not received 510k clearance for their energy device the new blog posts are lies.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Believe it or not the 510k clearance for energy device is true. It will be launched right after iPhone 6 release and if you pre order now you get a free iPod shuffle... So hurry.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Considering Applied wont even let you buy a dozen bagels & some coffee for an inservice, I highly doubt they will be giving away anything.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a shame that there are so many clowns because I really do love the circus.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The energy device could possibly change the dynamics of the Applied circus causing a positive shift in performances and with the Medtronic deal a shift is needed.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that the Medtronic buyout may favor Applied Medical because contracts will be changed because of the product categories, is there any truth to that rumor?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And how exactly does this favor Applied Medical? The merger means that Medtronics now has a broader product portfolio and is strategically in a better position to deliver best overall cost savings to the hospitals.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When in the history of big business has cost savings been passed on to the consumer after a merger is completed? I was under the impression that merger's happen in order for a company to post more profits. While I am not an actuarial I was informed that the merger will complicate existing contracts and further contracting agreements.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Business 101 pussyface the Medtronic merger will enable a wider contract portfolio enabling cost savings to be passed on to hospitals through larger amount of product being sold. There will be no contracting issues.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There will be no cost saving for the customer. Come back and look at this post a year or two from now and you'll see. Doesn't matter if their portfolio is wider.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Applied's rebate on trocars/Gels/clips if they were to even offer one = a few hundred dollars. Medtronic/JNJ rebate on DOZENS of product lines would be in the thousands. Plus their cost per product will be closer to Applied's.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will be interesting to see how the cost savings with the Voyant will effect the efficacy of the competitive rebate.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If history is any indicator, it'll have a huge impact on them.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To answer the question energy devices are very expensive and drastically increase the cost of a laparoscopic cases the typical 40% Applied cost savings will be tempting for hospital Administrators but the sell of course will be with the products clinical superiority.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has to be one of the funniest things i've read in a long time! Shut up you Kool Aid drinking clown. Your garbage hasn't been proven one ounce in a clinical setting. How's training at RSM going this week? Your bonehead reps learning anything?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You all remind me of the people that drink wine coolers on their porch making fun of others while they walk to the beach.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thoughts from a materials manager of a mid sized hospital. After reading most of the Applied Medical blogs on this website I have come to the conclusion that this post in particular is the most informative as to solutions to the problems with this medical device company. The onerous lies on Applied Medicals power structure to reorganize its internal bureaucracy with the point being that it's failure to compromise in order to healthily grow its business gives credence to all of the other threads posted.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Voyant will save hospitals more money than trocars. Hospitals can pay their bills on time and accept the Applied product exchange. What do these hospitals do when other companies have left over product and 30 day credit payment?