request for civility

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Oct 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is dead on! Thanks for posting!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Perfectly said! No spin, no anger driven rhetoric, and no exaggeration. Just an honestly written post!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Said, we know you are getting sensitive to the bad publicity you think you're getting from this website. Do you or any of your dipsh*t management team have anything to say to try And defend yourself or are you just going to keep raking in the millions and living the life in that big house up in the hills?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you people get all pissed about how much money the CEO or senior management of a company makes. It's the CEO who took the initial risk creating the company, not you. It's the CEO's job to see that the company grows and continues to prosper so that he makes a living from what he created. The up side to him making money to live and support his family is he employs people who also can make a living. And yup, I'm one of them. It's too bad dipshits like you end up here, who, by his risk, also benefit. And don't go off on all this bullshit how you can't make a living and you're getting paid peanuts. You're not getting paid what you think you should be getting paid. Too fucking bad. If this isn't to your liking, nothing stopping you from finding something that is.

The company has been continuously growing since it started. Sure sounds like a dipshit management team to me who doesn't know what they're doing. Show me another company in this industry with a 20+ yr track record like this.

So until you're the CEO of a company and has taken risks like most CEO's, just shut the hell up. You really sound like a crybaby.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once again the rhetoric flows! Know one should care what Said earns, he took the risk and deserves his earnings. Bottom line, "IF" Said truly cares what is being said here, then he will do something about it. So Said, you have been challenged: You talk about "your most precious resources", well most of us are highly concerned and as you can tell, disgruntled and unhappy. I'd be willing to bet, you wouldn't want anyone in your family treated with the disrespect that many of us are treated with on "your" salesforce! Truth be told, you have have DM's, ZM's and upper level mgmt that manage with threats and scare tactics! Meetings where people, yes Said, I said "people", who are yelled and at and even threatened. Even the recruiters who represent you complain about such ridiculous and immature behaviour! Was this honestly your dream when you created this company? Is this the legacy you and your family want to be tied too? Perhaps it is? But there are good people in this organization that would hope to see some change for the betterment of the company; rid the company of the people who are milking you all the way to the bank & rid the company of the abusers!!!! You really wont have to look that far to find them all!!!! You get what you give in this world Said, hence all the ugly posts, and think about this; just how many of the the posts are actual and true???? More than a decent owner would care to have! Touche' Said...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like this statement, or don't, but as a former employee who has worked for a couple large multi-BILLION dollar companies, I can say with 100% certainty that Said Hilal is a middle-eastern tyrant that rules with fear similar to Saddam Hussein and Muammar Gaddafi. It's the way of their people and unfortunately it's never changing. I have personally spoken to, coached, educated, and steered dozens of customers and prospective employees away from Applied and been told "thank you" by most of them. Us "Westerners" don't deserve the inhumane, substandard conditions that little Napoleon rules by/pays us by. I beg anyone looking to join this company to please only consider working here out of absolute necessity to provide for your family if you have one. There are better jobs out there flipping burgers or hauling trash where you can at least sleep at night with some level of dignity.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I read this forum for its entertainment value but I feel compelled to respond. First, I have to acknowledge the prowess of the CEO to enrich himself and his family. Second, Applied's business model should be a case study in business schools. It proves that a company can grow by underpaying its employees producing cheap commodity products without the need of good leadership. Everyone that ever worked for Applied (including myself) should make an honest analysis of himself/herself because he/she was not perceived as "Top Talent" when he/she was hired. Talented, independent-thinking people present a threat for immediate supervisors, the whole chain of command, and will be perceived as non-compliant with the "culture". Top talent is also out of the salary range that Applied is willing to pay. So, go ahead with you weakness analysis and fix them.

The previous comment is based on the false premise that the CEO took the "initial risk". That risk was "transferred" to the venture capitalists. The CEO took their money but never intended to comply with the terms and conditions of the agreement that basically stated that the company needed to go public after a certain number of years for the VCs to make their money back. Through astute practices he was able to grab control of the majority of the votes therefore the option of going public is out of the table. If this was a public, or a well run private company, all those holding management positions would be shown the door for incompetence. The total compensation in the last S1 report (2012) was almost 10MM . Way above what other executives who hold positions in companies of similar size make. You can do whatever you want with the company because you got it within the confines of the law. But please, stop preaching morality or that you care about people.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's clear you were obviously smarter than all the other chumps who stayed at Applied. You moved on and are obviously top talent and are being paid for it. Thank you for enlightening all of us.

The bottom line is this company is private. Compensation is decided by the person who owns it. Doesn't matter if it's $1 or $1MM. It's not your choice so get over it. If you don't like what the CEO (or sr. management) is making, then go find somewhere else where you approve of what the management makes. It's not that fucking hard. Your argument isn't making a difference anywhere and you still sound like a baby.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a mature response. Whoever the senior mgr was that just posted the above response obviously is one of old d-bags that needs to go. And Applied's business model shouldn't be taught at a business school are you crazy?!? Go pound salt

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am new to Applied and overheard my manager talking about Cafepharma the other day and had no idea what this website was about. Now that I came on here and read the reviews I only wish I knew about this website before I took this job! Did I commit career suicide by coming here? Is anyone ever going to consider hiring me or take me seriously?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will people take you seriously?

Absolutely. The good news is almost everyone knows that Applied underpays so it won't be a shock when you let them know you are looking for financial reasons.

Furthermore, some of the things that you will deal with at Applied other companies will appreciate:

1) Large number of products
    2) OR experience
    3) Experience with a product that does not always perform as it should (calm under pressure)
    4) Variety of specialties that you call on
    5) CRM experience
    6) Large company experience (politics and working for a big company is very different than a little one)
    7) Experience in how to get around contracts

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What you read on here is posted by the same handful of individuals who have nothing better to do than complain all the time. There's a lot of people that have been at Applied for a while and have made good money there. You're going to get the same crap that comes with a big company, but you're going to get that anywhere you go.

If you expect to be on the golf course or sitting in Panera half the day, you won't make shit. You have to work for it, just like any job.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are ignorant if you think only a handful of people post on this site about applied. That is how your management is spinning the negative comments. I have one word for you to try and explain "turnover" Why do so many people quit? And if you think that it happens like this everywhere you are confused.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. I know of at least 2 dozen people that have left Applied in the past 4-5 yrs alone and heard about countless others. The "few" that have remained are the same arrogant, clueless, incompetant bozos that have been there from the beginning! There's a reason why you're the only ones making money and still there! How are all those stock options panning out for you? Still sitting on a few hundred thousand in empty stock?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

24 people??? over 4 years???? surely you're kidding. that's an insane number considering the 4000+ people working there.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More than 24 and considering that the Applied sales force is over 100 and counting in a changing and competitive industry churn rate happens. What is avoidable is losing contact with your co workers when they leave because your relationship with them can help you in your career.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where did you get your numbers, there is not 4000+, more like 2000+, big difference narcissist.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about that poster's comment makes them a narcissist?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was replying to Said, but your right it is probably one of his cronies. Little man doesn't do his own writing.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The poster is purposely overinflating the number to make the company seem more grandiose than it is. Which is narcissistic because of who is posting the information. You do know you can look big words up on the Internet if they confuse you.