Is Applied Medical Worth The Risk?

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just an Honest Inquiry folks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would say no, based on experience. There are plenty of companies to get your foot in the door, but that ship has sailed at Applied. Be patient grasshopper!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In terms of ethics, medical device training, company culture not to mention the possibility of being sued by applied if you leave them for any reason they can find, the answer is a clear no. Possibly the worst company in the disposable medical device industry.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this all coming from former employees who where fired because they sit on their ass and expect fat checks and expense accounts to wine and dine docs to strip clubs and ball games.

find me any company that has a better training program, company culture and ethics to the team and customer. it's easy to say that place is shit when you've been fired.

wherever you interview, salaries and comp plans are going to be inflated. they're trying to sell you on the company just like you're trying to sell yourself to the company. that's a fact not just at applied, but anywhere. don't make you decision on an anonymous board like this.

with any job, if it sounds like a great opportunity, take it. if it turns out to suck, the move on. it's that easy.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like these are the former reps that move on and are sharing with their colleagues, not fired reps. You are proud of your culture so accept that your culture does not respect the sales organization. Also senior management should not be on Cafe Pharma.

6. USED UP

USED UP Guest

... ALL ... OR NOTHING AT ALL ... THAT'S E-Z.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you know taking accounts to strip clubs and ballgames is illegal.
    The US Surgical style of selling was outlawed long ago, relax.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spare me the legal department memo. By the way, speeding is illegal too.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly...you make my point. You speed you get a ticket or lose your license.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guess that all depends on if you get caught and the available discretion. Ask Said if he drove above the speed limit this week. Look, I'm not promoting taking docs or staff to strip clubs. But you're completely naive if you believe that because the law says the speed limit is 55, everyone (including the law enforcement and legislators) drives at or below 55 mph because it is illegal to do so otherwise. Some great companies and reps have closed huge deals outside of the hospital under the guise of educational value.

Keep up the good fight though and we will work on making sure that we never exceed any posted speed limits.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you see nothing wrong with what you just said there?

Some great companies (that think they're great because they know how to sidestep the system) and reps (who can't sell a product based on it's merit and have to bribe their customers to dinner, etc..) have closed huge deals outside of the hospital (because they know that hospital rules do not allow it, yet they do it anyhow) under the guise (by lying) of educational value (which every person reading this knows means free money to do whatever you want with it).

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not at all. I fly them to skills workshops, plant tours or have them stop by our booth at a trade show then discuss "ideas" afterwards at some restaurant or lounge.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked here years ago and i will tell you that i did not get fired.....this place absolutely sucks! I quit after 8 months...don't tell me i quit because i sucked at my job and sat on my ass...clip applier sucks, training was a joke and they don't pay worth a shit.....and as far as the expense account.....are you fucking kidding....i could not get reimburse for shit....i was not trying to take drs to ball games you douch....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You all talk in so many circles.
    I just like to sell. I need face to face time to do that.
    In the OR, in an office, or over lunch, I don't care I just want to talk about the merits of my products. If I can develop rapport even better.
    Stop making it so hard with examples that are not helpful. You have a good idea of what is ethical even though you try to act like sales people and Surgeons do not, which is rather elitest. I would not say that about an engineer even though I think engineers lack personality and have a difficult time talking to people. If you believe someone is unethical let them go.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So does this place still really suck? I had it recomended to me by a friend in the industry, but I am realy, really not feeling good about this. The comments are all the same, here or on WSJ online articles with comments: Pay sucks, screw you on expenses, shitty benifits, and no career advancement. I currently make more in base salary than what a lot of posters have claimed. And to only get paid on growth, WTF! Sounds like a top heavy organization.

Really though, i see way more (10X more) negative than positive on this company. This is not the same when you search Ethicon Endo, Covidian, or other companies in this space. Is this really a one way ticket to misery?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't base your opinion on what you read on an anonymous message board. This is where people come when they get fired and want to bitch about the place. There's a lot more that are at the company that love it.

Just my 2cents.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes and 2 cents is all you will make at AppLIED. Bottom line get in, keep your nose clean, do your 2 year stint and then get the hell out for much better pay and much much much better companies. This place is a shit hole but it will lead you to a better job. The management knows that they have the upper hand. Karma is a bitch... Thank God I got out.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly what previous poster is talking about. me me me me. place is a shit hole. i only made 2 cents. management sucks. waa waa waa waa.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the original poster. This quote is from your new management. Do you honestly see what you are getting yourself into? This is a very immature response coming from a so called executive.

So here it is Mr Douchebag manager. You want to hire sales superstars right? Here is a clue for you. The rockstars like myself want MONEY so yes we complain. Is it all about us? You damn right it is. If you had any brains in your head you would realize that sales is the backbone of business. You should be willing to pay as much bonus as possible, because that means your making money as well. Engineers are very important, but not nearly as important as sales. Once you learn this simple principle is when Applied will finally reach investor expectations.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And blonde bimbos with DEEP throats are not what you need in management!!