AirWatch app on iPhone

Discussion in 'Abbott Vascular' started by Anonymous, Aug 12, 2012 at 12:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this app on new iPhone to track employees?? Ughhhhh

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah basically. Read the terms of service - they log everything from live GPS, incoming and outgoing texts, calls, emails, websites even screen grabs.

Status of the mobile device SIM card, which AirWatch tracks as a separate, specialized mobile asset
    Phone number, signal strength, cell tower, carrier, IMEI#, and other WWAN attributes
    Data usage through WWAN interface
    SMS, email and phone history with detailed transaction information
    Device check-out/check-in: tracking who uses which device as well as the physical status of the device at the start of a shift and then again at the end of a shift
    Tracking of associated device assets, including service plan, third-party software loaded on device and associated physical equipment (i.e., cradles, etc.)
    SMS and phone log audit trail and analysis
    Live, real-time GPS location tracking and mapping
    Location racking using a ‘breadcrumb’ trail of the device position on a time and distance basis
    Tracking and analysis of location data to help ensure optimal mobile workforce performance
    Rapid deployment and enforcement of pre-defined ‘Golden Image’ for mobile devices, including: device settings; OS updates; security settings (i.e., WPA / WEP); and third-party application versioning
    Comprehensive, flexible over-the-air (OTA) provisioning including: processes for creating mobile device update, including device settings; OS updates, registry settings, security settings (i.e., WPA / WEP) and third-party app versioning; forced immediate provisioning or via a pre-defined update schedule; monitoring of completion rates, identifying any errors and notification of help desk; and identification of mobile devices by software version loaded
    Mobile device remote control including: screen or video capture and library; macro playback for common configurations; remote management functions for the AirWatch Console; device reset, including soft, hard and factory reset; device messaging, forcing user acknowledgement; real-time file management and registry management; and device provisioning initiated by the AirWatch Console
    The portions of the AirWatch software that allow smartphones and mobile devices to be monitored by the AirWatch Console run in the background of the devices so that the Individual may not know that these functions are occurring. This information is all made available to our Customer via the AirWatch Console for our Customer’s use in accordance with its own business uses. AirWatch may also use this tracking and location information for statistical purposes to improve our products and services and to manage our networks and systems more efficiently. Some of the information AirWatch collects allows us to perform our support obligations.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Already turned mine off

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your phone? Or the app? If you found a way around the app, good luck with that. As for the phone, most expensive waste of money I've ever seen. Mine hasn't even been turned on since star.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just delete the app off of your phone.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That won't work. If you look in the settings, there are several 'profiles' created. These are provisioned from ABT to load specific resources.

My guess is that if you tried and successfully deleted the app, it would quickly reappear on your phone.

Most likely the software sends a daily audit, much like our laptops do, of what is installed. If that audit fails, which it would if the app wasn't present, then the server would most likely re-provision the app on your phone OTA.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My assumption was correct, if the app is removed, the AirWatch console will notify the admins that it has been removed and then from there it will reinstall OTA. Which at that time I assume HR and/or your manager would be getting involved. Just my 2 cents.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

U can turn the app off
    Not erased or deleted

Have someone with some iPhone savvy show u

U won't be able to use certain apps like google maps etc but rest assured u can turn this off

I did

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone jailbroken their new iPhone yet?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just sell stents Skippy!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now on your I Pad as well. FUN FUN!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

I have a question why should we delete this app ? Plz tell me.